Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If we don't allow them to put our freedoms back in the bottle they can't. It really is up to us. They think they can psychologically terrorise us, they can't.

justsayno.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
It's just so frustrating. We all know how it's going to develop. Why prolong the agony? Just hit it hard with restrictions now and get it over with. Otherwise it really will be 2020 all over again
You might be right.

Maybe, maybe not.

If there is, I doubt the majority will comply anyway - I know I won’t. (And I complied fully with previous lockdowns.)

I think they know that it won’t have the effect it once did so they’d be wrecking the economy for far less gain, making it a lot less likely than it was previously.
I understand your sentiment, but really 2 years isn't a long time to fight a global pandemic.

The Spanish Flu took over 2 years to fight and there was no global travel unlike today and viruses also learnt to mutate faster.

I watched a few war documentaries and thought recently that people probably felt the same: will this victory mean the end of the war? what will happen next? etc
Compared to that we have a very comfortable life even with restrictions.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We can't lockdown again. We're already in massive debt due to furlough etc that financially it's not possible to close places again. It won't happen on that scale again
Agree Sarah, it would be an absolute last resort and shouldn’t need to happen from the information they are giving atm.

I don’t think a lockdown will happen personally but I’m also very aware that I have no actual basis for that other than my limited knowledge of the pandemic via the internet which doesn’t make me an expert.

(Unlike some on the internet who think they are mystic bleeping Meg or something 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It's just so frustrating. We all know how it's going to develop. Why prolong the agony? Just hit it hard with restrictions now and get it over with. Otherwise it really will be 2020 all over again
At this moment in time they don’t 100% know how this variant will fare against the vaccines, does it cause severe illness/death to a greater extent than the Delta variant. It is too early to say all of this when it has only just emerged.
It has concerned them due to the the type of mutation but it might turn out that vaccines/boosters work well against it and it isn’t going to take off. I think it is fair to remain a tad cautious and bring masks back in shops/public transport.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
We're back where we started because it's a new variant. Mask wearing and vaccines had a significant effect in reducing the transmission of the previous strains.
We've been wearing masks in shops and public transport since they've been available here.
In my city the majority of people still wear them outside in shopping streets.
I've been taking trains and going to art exhibitions with a FFP2.
I can totally understand that people don't like wearing masks. But what I don't get is people who make it sound like it's the hardest thing they've ever had to do in their life.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I was just repeating what the other poster seemed to be implying I.e we're back to square one even with vaccines. I know that isn't actually the case.
I meant that people are once again going into a panic like the last two years didnt teach them a damn thing.

I'm just going to carry on living my life and wait for those who are still believing this BS to catch up.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
You might be right.

I understand your sentiment, but really 2 years isn't a long time to fight a global pandemic.

The Spanish Flu took over 2 years to fight and there was no global travel unlike today and viruses also learnt to mutate faster.

I watched a few war documentaries and thought recently that people probably felt the same: will this victory mean the end of the war? what will happen next? etc
Compared to that we have a very comfortable life even with restrictions.
I’m not saying it’s a long time or not a long time, that’s relative, isn’t it? And the public sentiment/perception on the whole is they are done with restrictions and would not follow them as stringently as they did previously - I think they even mentioned this in press conferences around the behavioural modelling.

At this moment in time they don’t 100% know how this variant will fare against the vaccines, does it cause severe illness/death to a greater extent than the Delta variant. It is too early to say all of this when it has only just emerged.
It has concerned them due to the the type of mutation but it might turn out that vaccines/boosters work well against it and it isn’t going to take off. I think it is fair to remain a tad cautious and bring mass back in shops/public transport.
It's true its very early but from what the scientists have said about whey they do already know it looks like they have an idea about how it will fare against the vaccine and its not looking good. I suppose its in their interests to be cautious though.

I meant that people are once again going into a panic like the last two years didnt teach them a damn thing.

I'm just going to carry on living my life and wait for those who are still believing this BS to catch up.
Hm I can agree with people being wrong to panic but I'm sorry you lose me with the whole 'it's a made up conspiracy so the government can control us' thing.

Reactions: 2
It's true its very early but from what the scientists have said about whey they do already know it looks like they have an idea about how it will fare against the vaccine and its not looking good. I suppose its in their interests to be cautious though.
In the UK we have a much higher level of immunity from vaccines/boosters and past infection so there is a wall of protection. I don’t think it will be the case that we are back to 0.

I’m not saying it’s a long time or not a long time, that’s relative, isn’t it? And the public sentiment/perception on the whole is they are done with restrictions and would not follow them as stringently as they did previously - I think they even mentioned this in press conferences around the behavioural modelling.
Yes, I heard Witty saying this - there is a lot of concern that people won't comply with restrictions as they are tired of them..

What people perceive to be a long time is "relative" - but the development of a pandemic is not really relevant, it simply takes time.
It was always beyond unrealistic that it would be over in 6 months (don't know why BoJo ever said that) or a year. It simply isn't possible.

In the UK we have a much higher level of immunity from vaccines/boosters and past infection so there is a wall of protection. I don’t think it will be the case that we are back to 0.
I think so, too.

My guess is that the government will want to see if the vaccines protect from the new variant and/or if the vaccines can be tweaked quickly and then decide on next steps

Reactions: 2
I’m returning from holiday on Monday, so now I assume I have to get a PCR before I can go out?

I’ve already had covid this year, and x3 jabs. It’s never ending!!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It was always beyond unrealistic that it would be over in 6 months (don't know why BoJo ever said that) or a year. It simply isn't possible.
Probably because had he told us we were in it for 2+ years (in terms of the uncertainty of it all), a lot of people probably would not have been accepting of it upfront, or would have potentially lead to even more mental health issues than the pandemic has caused.

For me personally since July 19th this has been pretty much over and my MH has been 500% better, even now I feel fine about the announcement because I know things WILL be how they were again, as they have been the last few months.

But had you told me in March 2020 that this was going to last so long, I genuinely don’t know how I would have got through it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don't see the problem with just banning all travel temporarily. Nip it in the bud like we should have done back in Feb 2020. It would mean people wouldn't be able to travel overseas for Christmas but at least we could see family in this country relatively safely.
A bit selfish to those who want to travel to see their family overseas.

I'm alright Jack!

Reactions: 19
Probably because had he told us we were in it for 2+ years (in terms of the uncertainty of it all), a lot of people probably would not have been accepting of it upfront, or would have potentially lead to even more mental health issues than the pandemic has caused.

For me personally since July 19th this has been pretty much over and my MH has been 500% better, even now I feel fine about the announcement because I know things WILL be how they were again, as they have been the last few months.

But had you told me in March 2020 that this was going to last so long, I genuinely don’t know how I would have got through it.
Yes, I understand that.

This might be the reason that they didn't tell us although I suspect that they simply didn't have enough knowledge and were blabbing.

My MH is ok. I used to be a world traveller before the pandemic and initially was shocked and a bit scared, but now I am grateful that I have such a comfortable live with the internet, enough food etc I guess I adjusted.

• Heart
Is it true that the lack of vaccines in Africa have created this? It's what I've been hearing. Would be interesting to know. Because there was African health expert on the radio and he mentioned how there is only small percentages of populations in African countries who've been vaccinated.

I’m returning from holiday on Monday, so now I assume I have to get a PCR before I can go out?

I’ve already had covid this year, and x3 jabs. It’s never ending!!
If you've already bought a LFT, then use that. The government form doesn't know if it's an LFT or a PCR. No-one checks these things anyway. There's loads of talk on various forums on how to make up codes that the government form accepts.

Reactions: 1
Is it true that the lack of vaccines in Africa have created this? It's what I've been hearing. Would be interesting to know.
I think it is hard to come to such a conclusion. What is known is that vaccine uptake low in many parts and there is a lot of hesitancy. This could be a reason why the Omicron variant is taking off?

Is it true that the lack of vaccines in Africa have created this? It's what I've been hearing. Would be interesting to know. Because there was African health expert on the radio and he mentioned how there is only small percentages of populations in African countries who've been vaccinated.
They think it may have developed in an immunocompromised individual.

Reactions: 1
Won’t catch me wearing a mask.
I choose life. I choose to live freely.
If you accept this dictatorship then more fool you.
If my daughters nativity is cancelled I will be devastated. I’m hopeful it won’t as our school has been really good with being “normal” our teachers don’t wear masks ever, our kids aren’t given sanitiser every time they enter and leave the room they’re only encouraged to wash hands at the sinks if coming in from outside which I think is normal anyway. Our parents are welcome inside the school each day to drop off and chat with teacher if need be.

If you comply with this, and you’ve complied with all the jabs and all the rules to date how are you still buying this. Nothing has changed, not a single thing. Except 2 wasted years of your life in constant fear, panic and worry.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My MH is ok. I used to be a world traveller before the pandemic and initially was shocked and a bit scared, but now I am grateful that I have such a comfortable live with the internet, enough food etc I guess I adjusted.
I am glad your MH is okay, surely you can see why a lot of peoples MH is affected though, or have struggled to adjust?

I am grateful for things I have and for me it’s not even that I can’t do the things I used to - it’s the not knowing, being too scared to feel excited for something in case it doesn’t happen. I’m a naturally anxious person and I get very consumed when I worry.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.