Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Least it’s only masks in shops and on PT, I don’t see it being like it was before either in terms of compliance.

I was expecting Plan B at some point during winter anyway, and this is plan B light as still no WFH, vaccine passports or masks in all indoor settings thankfully.

If just the delta variant keeps climbing as it is I don’t see it being lifted in 3 weeks regardless of the new variant.

Reactions: 2
Sending hugs I feel the same. I was in a bad way last night (I have OCD and anxiety) this is tipping me over the edge to be honest. I’ll be OK it’s just the uncertainty
The pandemic will end eventually, this is just a step back but at some stage it will be over ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
All out school Xmas parties and nativities etc are cancelled this year they announced it last week to us.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Hmmmm. Review in 3 weeks time. Christmas to be cancelled again then?
It would seem unlikely to be a blanket cancellation. After all, if everyone you're meeting for Christmas dinner has been triple jabbed...

Reactions: 1
I don't see the problem with just banning all travel temporarily. Nip it in the bud like we should have done back in Feb 2020. It would mean people wouldn't be able to travel overseas for Christmas but at least we could see family in this country relatively safely.

Reactions: 5
We're back where we started because it's a new variant. Mask wearing and vaccines had a significant effect in reducing the transmission of the previous strains. But sure, you keep fighting the 'good fight'. :rolleyes: I hope neither you nor your family members end up dead because of your inability to follow a few little rules.
We aren’t back to where we started! Don’t be so ridiculous. It’s a variant! Not a brand new disease.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ours already is 💔
My friends school have too 😔 ours is currently going ahead with no restrictions and another local school is asking for lft tests, masks and 1 or 2 parents depending of which class/ks group it is.
Our school are very last minute with their communication

I don't see the problem with just banning all travel temporarily. Nip it in the bud like we should have done back in Feb 2020. It would mean people wouldn't be able to travel overseas for Christmas but at least we could see family in this country relatively safely.
Well, it worked for New Zealand, but they'll never do it here. There's too much travel into and out of the UK.

I'm really worried this will trigger another round of panic buying. I really couldn't cope with that.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Press are absolutely loving it. Every time a reporter says something uncertain they have a massive tit eating grin on their face.

Probably the most viewers they have had in months to be fair - and most people will still be out enjoying themselves on a Saturday and be totally unaware.

Even if the variant is massive, it’s not March 2020 because no one cares like they did then 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 13
We aren’t back to where we started! Don’t be so ridiculous. It’s a variant! Not a brand new disease.
I was just repeating what the other poster seemed to be implying I.e we're back to square one even with vaccines. I know that isn't actually the case.

Least it’s only masks in shops and on PT, I don’t see it being like it was before either in terms of compliance.

I was expecting Plan B at some point during winter anyway, and this is plan B light as still no WFH, vaccine passports or masks in all indoor settings thankfully.

If just the delta variant keeps climbing as it is I don’t see it being lifted in 3 weeks regardless of the new variant.
My guess is they want to see how the new variant will develop, as well as delta, and then introduce new measures.

I think there will be a lockdown again.

• Sad
Ffs! Like another covid variant wasn't enough there's now no I'm a celebrity on tonight. Pass me the gin!

• Haha
  • Wow
My guess is they want to see how the new variant will develop, as well as delta, and then introduce new measures.

It's just so frustrating. We all know how it's going to develop. Why prolong the agony? Just hit it hard with restrictions now and get it over with. Otherwise it really will be 2020 all over again

• Sad

Maybe, maybe not.

If there is, I doubt the majority will comply anyway - I know I won’t. (And I complied fully with previous lockdowns.)

I think they know that it won’t have the effect it once did so they’d be wrecking the economy for far less gain, making it a lot less likely than it was previously.

Maybe, maybe not.

If there is, I doubt the majority will comply anyway - I know I won’t. (And I complied fully with previous lockdowns.)

I think they know that it won’t have the effect it once did so they’d be wrecking the economy for far less gain, making it a lot less likely than it was previously.
We can't lockdown again. We're already in massive debt due to furlough etc that financially it's not possible to close places again. It won't happen on that scale again

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.