Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it is hard to come to such a conclusion. What is known is that vaccine uptake low in many parts and there is a lot of hesitancy. This could be a reason why the Omicron variant is taking off?
The thing is, the health expert mentioned that there isn't hesitancy and it's untrue for the UK government to say this, when it's more a lack of vaccine doses and especially in date doses. Much of what has been sent is apparently of poor expiry dates.

I reckon Boz planted the seed for lockdown at Xmas.
Over the next couple of weeks the press will suggest more.
Then he will do another conference and BAM 💥

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Is it true that the lack of vaccines in Africa have created this? It's what I've been hearing. Would be interesting to know. Because there was African health expert on the radio and he mentioned how there is only small percentages of populations in African countries who've been vaccinated.
False. Viruses mutate. It’s normal. Not anyone’s fault. It’s just part of life. It’s what they do.

Reactions: 16
Is it true that the lack of vaccines in Africa have created this? It's what I've been hearing. Would be interesting to know. Because there was African health expert on the radio and he mentioned how there is only small percentages of populations in African countries who've been vaccinated.
Unvaccinated people get infected faster and the more people get infected the more likely mutations are.

So I would suspect that there is a link, but it is more indirect.

I also read that the variant developed first in an HIV patient and although this theory/information was quickly refuted it kind of made sense to me, as a body with a hIV infection has a lower immune system. But I might be wrong here and it was said that there was no HIV infection

Reactions: 1
I reckon Boz planted the seed for lockdown at Xmas.
Over the next couple of weeks the press will suggest more.
Then he will do another conference and BAM 💥
Question Flogoff though, maybe not even specifically for you but maybe for those who believe there is another agenda at play…

What is so special about Christmas? Why would they specifically want to lock us down in time for Christmas?

Like I love Christmas as much as anyone but it is just another day at the end of it all?

Reactions: 10
A bit selfish to those who want to travel to see their family overseas.

I'm alright Jack!
Equally selfish of those who are determined to see families overseas and are happy to ignore the risk they'd be putting others at. I'm alright Jack indeed!

I actually have family overseas who are planning on coming at Christmas. I just don't think it's a good idea at this stage. Ultimately we could end up with a situation where we can't see our families at all (not that people would comply) and I think not seeing families overseas is a small sacrifice if we can at least see local family safely.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My hairdresser has put a post online saying they need to see proof of vaccination or a negative test before a appointment
I know big events ask for these things with lots of mixing but I dunno something about it makes me a bit…. I don’t even know the word for it but hate the non normality of it!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Question Flogoff though, maybe not even specifically for you but maybe for those who believe there is another agenda at play…

What is so special about Christmas? Why would they specifically want to lock us down in time for Christmas?

Like I love Christmas as much as anyone but it is just another day at the end of it all?
Maybe because of the mid-sized to large gatherings with food and drink in small indoor places (homes)?
They usually don t happen every day in that many households.

Won’t catch me wearing a mask.
I choose life. I choose to live freely.
If you accept this dictatorship then more fool you.
If my daughters nativity is cancelled I will be devastated. I’m hopeful it won’t as our school has been really good with being “normal” our teachers don’t wear masks ever, our kids aren’t given sanitiser every time they enter and leave the room they’re only encouraged to wash hands at the sinks if coming in from outside which I think is normal anyway. Our parents are welcome inside the school each day to drop off and chat with teacher if need be.

If you comply with this, and you’ve complied with all the jabs and all the rules to date how are you still buying this. Nothing has changed, not a single thing. Except 2 wasted years of your life in constant fear, panic and worry.
Your school sounds great 💜 at my children's primary school the trip to the pantomime has been cancelled due to rising rates of covid (but they won't refund the money), the nativity will take place online. I can guarantee the head will ask us all wear masks to drop off and pick up too. She also stands up on the hill and shouts over to parents asking of they can put a mask on.

My MH has been ok lately but this has really unsettled me today 😪

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Maybe I'm clutching at straws but I was thinking that the 'Indian' variant spread so much over here possibly because we have such a large Indian community in the UK and therefore a lot of travel back and forth to India. Maybe there isn't as much travel back and forth to Southern Africa and so it won't spread so much. Of course it's already here now so the bigger problem is containing it.

Maybe because of the mid-sized to large gatherings with food and drink in small indoor places (homes)?
They usually don t happen every day in that many households.
Ah yes but you are talking in the context of the virus existing (which is the context I also believe to be true).

My question was more aimed at those who think there is another agenda at play, and the virus exists but isn’t serious and is a tool for said agenda or alternatively that the virus doesn’t exist and is a cover up for some kind of control plot.

In that context, I want to understand the significance of Christmas and why the powers that be would choose to target it.

Reactions: 2
Yes, I heard Witty saying this - there is a lot of concern that people won't comply with restrictions as they are tired of them..

What people perceive to be a long time is "relative" - but the development of a pandemic is not really relevant, it simply takes time.
It was always beyond unrealistic that it would be over in 6 months (don't know why BoJo ever said that) or a year. It simply isn't possible.
It's not ever going to be over. It's a virus, it will mutate and adapt to survive. It will become weaker, but it will never go - just like the flu and the common cold.

Remember 'the new normal' phrase? This is it.

If you're happy living with restrictions, masks, passports and 5/6 monthly vaccines then thats cool, but many people aren't.. and Whitty and the government psychologists know that.
Even with all those things nothing will change, I just wish they'd be honest about that because it would help a hell of a lot of people!

Reactions: 13
Ah yes but you are talking in the context of the virus existing (which is the context I also believe to be true).

My question was more aimed at those who think there is another agenda at play, and the virus exists but isn’t serious and is a tool for said agenda or alternatively that the virus doesn’t exist and is a cover up for some kind of control plot.

In that context, I want to understand the significance of Christmas and why the powers that be would choose to target it.
I guess because it would cause the most upset and make a time that is supposed to be the most joyful time of the year one of the most miserable. People seem to genuinely believe the government are doing this just to upset people 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It's not ever going to be over. It's a virus, it will mutate and adapt to survive. It will become weaker, but it will never go - just like the flu and the common cold.

If you're happy living with restrictions, masks, passports and 5/6 monthly vaccines then thats cool, but many people aren't.. and Whitty and the government psychologists know that.
Even with all those things nothing will change, I just wish they'd be honest about that because it would help a hell of a lot of people!
I think the pandemic will eventually be over.

They might develop a vaccine that is 100% reliable against all mutations OR the virus will become so weak that it is not more dangerous than a cold OR maybe herd immunity?

This might be a naive believe, and yes, the virus will always be around, but we have seen this summer that it can be managed.

I am not "happy" living with restrictions, but "happier" than living with the alternative: serious risk for all elderly or sick people, overwhelmed hospitals so no-one can get non-essential treatment or worst case serious damage /death from Covid.

And I also think that because of "all those things" there was a relatively normal summer! might not have been like that otherwise

• Heart
Reactions: 5

I’ll start by saying I personally don’t believe what I’m about to say…

However, the CTs will say it’s all about control. Breaking people’s spirits at the time of year a lot of people look forward to the most, as when we’re all sad and scared we’re more likely to comply than when we’re not.

Reactions: 3

We do have to live with it but it's only sensible to be cautious about new variants in case it mutates into a much deadlier strain, especially so soon after coming out of lockdown and restrictions. The NHS could be overwhelmed again and hundreds of thousands more people could lose their lives. I can't blame them for wanting to prevent that.

I don't remember them making as much fuss about other variants though. Especially given Boris' laissez-faire attitude, I think they must be particularly worried about this one.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.