Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It makes me really sad to see how worried people still get despite being double or even triple jabbed, for a virus that even with no jabs, has a death rate of around 0.004% for your average person. What more will it take? Absolute one of the worst things to come from this pandemic, how much fear has been drilled into people that clearly can't be undone, however unjustified it was in the first place. The fact we have articles on 'new variants' that are symptomless, says it all. Who bleeping cares then?
We might fear for people that are vulnerable to covid. It doesn't seem absurd to me to try to not give covid to people who are at risk. Especially when hospital loads are growing which is the case where I live. Everybody has different reasons to act a certain way and makes the best choice according to their views.

Reactions: 6
Having to isolate and having staff going off sick is your employers problem not yours, so I wouldn't feel stressed about that. I feel guilty letting colleagues down, but it is what it is right now, and since time began workplaces have been short staffed at times and others have had to pick up the slack - that's life!
You've said you're stressed and worried, so I'd guess that's why you have a headache and feel tired. We've forgotten what normal emotions are and immediately go to covid for every little ailment now
100% work sickness is a business problem.

I am shocked so many businesses force their employees to find cover themselves for absences due to illness etc.

It should be the managers job to find cover if short staffed!

Reactions: 4
We might fear for people that are vulnerable to covid. It doesn't seem absurd to me to try to not give covid to people who are at risk. Especially when hospital loads are growing which is the case where I live. Everybody has different reasons to act a certain way and makes the best choice according to their views.
Totally agree! I don’t go about in fear but certainly have an awareness of not wishing to pass it to someone vulnerable.

Reactions: 5
Noooooooooooo

The scientists have been talking about this for about a week or more they think it could be all around the world by this stage the Americas are seeing a spike again too .

wasn't it about this time last year the S.African one was discovered

The scientists have been talking about this for about a week or more they think it could be all around the world by this stage the Americas are seeing a spike again too .

I thought it was the delta variant brewing up in Kent around this time last year but can't remember - it's all blurred into ione

Reactions: 3
It's Christmas! It wouldn't be right unless Santa predictably brought us a nicely timed variant 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I thought it was the delta variant brewing up in Kent around this time last year but can't remember - it's all blurred into ione
No I think that was around Sept /Oct the Beta was discovered just before Boris cancelled Christmas I think

It was first detected last year though, and there's still only a confirmed handful of cases.
It seems that for a population of over 2 million, that Botswana are doing just fine.
When will people learn to stop panicking!

Attachments

Reactions: 6
It was first detected last year though, and there's still only a confirmed handful of cases.
It seems that for a population of over 2 million, that Botswana are doing just fine.
I thought the African cases had rocketed ? There was an emergency meeting earlier
2E8D6FDF-C363-4604-8D54-0D528034806A.jpeg

I thought the African cases had rocketed ? There was an emergency meeting earlier View attachment 887634
South Africa is a huge place though, so if they're amalgamating those figures across all the countries then maybe that why they're selling high cases.
I think nearly 3 million cases and 89k deaths out of 59 million isn't bad though.
Even if you accounted for dodgy figures and added large numbers it still isn't bad considering they have dealt with with pretty much alone and with very low vaccine rate.. but then we know what they were using to help themselves with recovery don't we.... 😉

Reactions: 3
Which one are you referring to that was detected last year? The B.1.1.529 has only recently been spotted.

Reactions: 2
South Africa is a huge place though, so if they're amalgamating those figures across all the countries then maybe that why they're selling high cases.
I think nearly 3 million cases and 89k deaths out of 59 million isn't bad though.
Even if you accounted for dodgy figures and added large numbers it still isn't bad considering they have dealt with with pretty much alone and with very low vaccine rate.. but then we know what they were using to help themselves with recovery don't we.... 😉
Not that Japanese liqueur is it :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
A lot of feathers being ruffled I hope we’re not heading for another lockdown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.