Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At most it'll delay it by a few weeks stopping flights and adding to "the red list".

The Sajid is speaking at 11, he'll probably just say it's a worry and we need to know more bla bla spike protein

I can't see England following lockdown again - most don't even wear a mask on the tube whereas in Wales and Scotland most seem to follow the wearing a mask rules. Not that it seems to make much difference.

Reactions: 6
My grandaughter goes to a small village school with about 100 pupils and 17 Covid cases over 2 classes . Last Friday they Told the parents to do a lft and pcr test as they were concerned. Monday was an inset day and they sent a nesssge to say school was now closed till the following Tuesday. Grandaughter was negative and although both sets grandparents had to step up better to squash it now. However the 2 or 3 families with 4 children have done nothing but moan about having their children at home especially as all of them will have at least 1 child in the infected classes
Some parents seem to love their children more when they're in school, at their grandparents'... simply away.

Reactions: 2
At most it'll delay it by a few weeks stopping flights and adding to "the red list".

The Sajid is speaking at 11, he'll probably just say it's a worry and we need to know more bla bla spike protein

I can't see England following lockdown again - most don't even wear a mask on the tube whereas in Wales and Scotland most seem to follow the wearing a mask rules. Not that it seems to make much difference.
Maybe that's what's causing the massive surge throughout the EU . NI will definitely lockdown we're already hanging by a string with no healthservice.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Thanks for all of your help the other day re my dog. I really appreciated it 😊 now hoping for some more help…

im supposed to be travelling from England to NI the day after my isolation finishes. Finding it hard to find online whether I can travel or not? I think as long as I don’t have any symptoms I should be fine, and will do a few tests to make sure - if I’m still positive I won’t go but if I’m negative, I will consider it.
I think the main thing putting me of is a) the worry that I could still pass it on and b) NI are in such a bad place, I don’t want to contribute to that…

any advice welcomed!!

Thanks for all of your help the other day re my dog. I really appreciated it 😊 now hoping for some more help…

im supposed to be travelling from England to NI the day after my isolation finishes. Finding it hard to find online whether I can travel or not? I think as long as I don’t have any symptoms I should be fine, and will do a few tests to make sure - if I’m still positive I won’t go but if I’m negative, I will consider it.
I think the main thing putting me of is a) the worry that I could still pass it on and b) NI are in such a bad place, I don’t want to contribute to that…

any advice welcomed!!
I’m not sure but if any of the people they’re testing has the NV I think they’ll bring in restrictions they’ve already said if cases don’t drop within a fortnight they would have to do something that was before this added pressure.

Looks like certain people are gagging for another lockdown. By certain people, I mean the comfortable middle-class with their nice homes who can just have unlimited things brought to them by the rest of us.

Always knew there would be a new variant in time for Christmas.

*Just to be clear, I'm not into conspiracy theories, am not anti Covid measures or anti vax, but there has been a certain segment of the population who never wanted the first lockdown to end and have been clamoring for one ever since. I am sick to death of these people trying to dictact everything Covid by throwing tanturms on Twatter and the desperately thirsty scientists who are hellbent on remaining relevant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I was actually really surprised when I was in London last week at the level of mask wearing on the tube. I’d heard it was really poor, around70% of passengers not wearing them, but whenever we were on the tube mask wearers were definitely in the majority and there was usually only a few not wearing them. Might just have been the lines we were using and the time of day etc.
We are from Scotland and just continued to use our masks in the same way we would at home.

I was actually really surprised when I was in London last week at the level of mask wearing on the tube. I’d heard it was really poor, around70% of passengers not wearing them, but whenever we were on the tube mask wearers were definitely in the majority and there was usually only a few not wearing them. Might just have been the lines we were using and the time of day etc.
We are from Scotland and just continued to use our masks in the same way we would at home.
The majority do in fact wear masks, I use the tubes daily for work and only saw a few not wearing them. Have definitely noticed an increase in the recent weeks. I don’t know if that’s down to it being winter and people are being cautious or the tubes being busier and people are again being cautious as it is a crowded space.

It may able to evade vaccines and antivirals
47A2C2F3-55C9-43B9-910D-3B0730A12C0B.jpeg

UK rolling out the red carpet again it seems 🙄
0B872365-AD34-41C1-8F77-E67F02906628.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
The majority do in fact wear masks, I use the tubes daily for work and only saw a few not wearing them. Have definitely noticed an increase in the recent weeks. I don’t know if that’s down to it being winter and people are being cautious or the tubes being busier and people are again being cautious as it is a crowded space.
I quit wearing masks over the warmer months because I just couldn't cope with it so got exempt, but I'm happy to wear them again now and have been making sure I've got one when I go shopping. Would without a doubt wear one on public transport, in that small enclosed space with everyone. It's good to hear people are taking sensible measures and not just going "what Covid?" like nothing is wrong. Most stuff any of us can do like distancing and hand-washing, doesn't take much to help.

This government is absolutely bleeping useless at dealing with this. They just let it rip through again, then another bloody lockdown will be imminent. We all know how this goes by now.
Yip while everyone else is scrambling to contain people the UK puts them on bus 🙄 there’s actually been three flights this morning
352B2E7D-74C6-4034-A891-030F7201D669.jpeg

I quit wearing masks over the warmer months because I just couldn't cope with it so got exempt, but I'm happy to wear them again now and have been making sure I've got one when I go shopping. Would without a doubt wear one on public transport, in that small enclosed space with everyone. It's good to hear people are taking sensible measures and not just going "what Covid?" like nothing is wrong. Most stuff any of us can do like distancing and hand-washing, doesn't take much to help.
At this point people cannot rely on the government so it is up to the individual to do any of the above (or not) depending on the situation.

Reactions: 3
Yeah it must totally depend on where you are and go - impossible to say for the whole network, for me I'd say 60% do but it may have gone up a bit now it's cold. But I'm all over the place (usually evenings) and very rarely are mask wearers the majority.

If the mask wearing really made much difference wouldn't you expect rates across England to be different to Scotland and Wales were the vast majority are still wearing them? I think you need a good quality one and to use it effectively and as most don't do both of these so it's not making much difference.

Belgium have confirmed a case of the NV in a traveller from Egypt so that's another country with it.

Looks like certain people are gagging for another lockdown. By certain people, I mean the comfortable middle-class with their nice homes who can just have unlimited things brought to them by the rest of us.

Always knew there would be a new variant in time for Christmas.

*Just to be clear, I'm not into conspiracy theories, am not anti Covid measures or anti vax, but there has been a certain segment of the population who never wanted the first lockdown to end and have been clamoring for one ever since. I am sick to death of these people trying to dictact everything Covid by throwing tanturms on Twatter and the desperately thirsty scientists who are hellbent on remaining relevant.
It’s the lefty middle class that love lockdowns.!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.