Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That sounds so unlike the industry - the vast majority of us are still working from home anyway! Although I’m also in advertising and starting to travel to clients again so is it to do with that? Not being vaccinated would make life 100 times harder at the minute.
I think it was to do with the travel aspect x

I've not been to the dentist for a few years now, but today, either the back of my tooth has chipped off or some of my filling has come out. Rang my dentist and I'm not on their register anymore (never had a letter or anything) Then tried ringing around 10 other dentists and cannot get in anywhere. They're either not accepting new nhs patients or they're taking appointments for July!!
I assumed it would be fairly back to normal by now! :(

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I've not been to the dentist for a few years now, but today, either the back of my tooth has chipped off or some of my filling has come out. Rang my dentist and I'm not on their register anymore (never had a letter or anything) Then tried ringing around 10 other dentists and cannot get in anywhere. They're either not accepting new nhs patients or they're taking appointments for July!!
Same happened to me. There's a 3+ year wait for a dentist where I am

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Mine still isn’t even working normal hours they will never catch up! I joined my practice because it was open extended hours, but now it’s 9-5 and I work those hours ffs 🤦‍♀️ Tbh I just see this an excuse for people to not work the hours they did pre covid because they can’t be arsed, and they will all make more money when we need expensive dental treatment!

Reactions: 9
I'm also struck off my dentist, as is my daughter. We've got private health insurance which covers £100 dental per person per year which isn't loads but definitely will help

The last one I tried said to call 111 even though I wasn't in severe pain to try and get an appointment. But I know how busy they are so don't really want to do that 🙄

The last one I tried said to call 111 even though I wasn't in severe pain to try and get an appointment. But I know how busy they are so don't really want to do that 🙄
They are busy but you also need to be seen. It will become painful if it gets infected ect. I would definitely call 111 and get it sorted.

I'm struggling, I tested positive yesterday, followed the rules, with lateral flow and PCR. I honestly thought I had a bad cold, but this is something else. I'm double jabbed, but I'm so poorly. Makes me wonder what I'd be like without the vaccinations.. I'd definitely be in ICU! The fever is the worst thing I've ever experienced, nothing is bringing the temp down!!

My kids tested positive, my husband negative.. but it's only a matter of time until he gets positive, we were BAU because we thought it was a cold!

Anybody who has had it, how long did your fever last, I keep waking up thinking I'm going to die! Oh also, worst part about it I can't really rest as I'm looking after my kids whilst my husband WFH. He's probably seen as selfish, but we can't change it 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm struggling, I tested positive yesterday, followed the rules, with lateral flow and PCR. I honestly thought I had a bad cold, but this is something else. I'm double jabbed, but I'm so poorly. Makes me wonder what I'd be like without the vaccinations.. I'd definitely be in ICU! The fever is the worst thing I've ever experienced, nothing is bringing the temp down!!

My kids tested positive, my husband negative.. but it's only a matter of time until he gets positive, we were BAU because we thought it was a cold!

Anybody who has had it, how long did your fever last, I keep waking up thinking I'm going to die! Oh also, worst part about it I can't really rest as I'm looking after my kids whilst my husband WFH. He's probably seen as selfish, but we can't change it 😭
My fever came in waves. Probably started properly day 3, which was the same time my headache was at it worst. It lasted on and off until end of day 7. I kept going with the paracetamol and ibuprofen even if I felt like at that moment in time I didn’t need it. One of our friends went and bought us loads of different fizzy style drinks, energy drinks etc because water/dilute was making me feel sick. I don’t know if they helped at all, but they definitely perked us up especially looking after our two year old. For me the worst was yet to come, day 6 was my worst day and similar for my husband, his was day 6/7.

Hope you’re all feeling better soon 💛

• Heart
My fever came in waves. Probably started properly day 3, which was the same time my headache was at it worst. It lasted on and off until end of day 7. I kept going with the paracetamol and ibuprofen even if I felt like at that moment in time I didn’t need it. One of our friends went and bought us loads of different fizzy style drinks, energy drinks etc because water/dilute was making me feel sick. I don’t know if they helped at all, but they definitely perked us up especially looking after our two year old. For me the worst was yet to come, day 6 was my worst day and similar for my husband, his was day 6/7.

Hope you’re all feeling better soon 💛
Thank you. I am struggling, my breathing has been ok, but in the morning when I wake up I can feel the tightness, it like someone is gripping my oesophagus and windpipe at the same time.

I've been trying to drink water but the same issue as you, it just makes me want to throw up. The loss of taste and smell is making me feel so sick.

It's so weird, when I did the lateral flow and saw that I was positive, I cried.. I was so so disappointed with myself 🤦‍♀️ I rang everyone I had been on contact with (even for 2 minutes outdoors) and they didn't bat an eyelid, I felt so guilty! I was so so embarrassed, I've been so careful, haven't really been anywhere and then nipped to a shop on Friday and there we had it. My kids had 2 days of high temp, vomiting, diarrhea and toxic green snot 😳

This is a witch of a virus and still very much alive! 😟

How did you two year old cope?

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Thank you. I am struggling, my breathing has been ok, but in the morning when I wake up I can feel the tightness, it like someone is gripping my oesophagus and windpipe at the same time.

I've been trying to drink water but the same issue as you, it just makes me want to throw up. The loss of taste and smell is making me feel so sick.

It's so weird, when I did the lateral flow and saw that I was positive, I cried.. I was so so disappointed with myself 🤦‍♀️ I rang everyone I had been on contact with (even for 2 minutes outdoors) and they didn't bat an eyelid, I felt so guilty! I was so so embarrassed, I've been so careful, haven't really been anywhere and then nipped to a shop on Friday and there we had it. My kids had 2 days of high temp, vomiting, diarrhea and toxic green snot 😳

This is a witch of a virus and still very much alive! 😟

How did you two year old cope?
Hi,
I'm day 6 I think, I've never had a temperature but I've got mouth ulcers and they're up my nose as well.
My taste and smell went completely yesterday and I'm struggling with it a lot. I think I'm a pretty resilient sort of person because I've got three chronic conditions and still manage to work part time and raise my kids without any carers or anything but the loss of taste and smell is something so simple and it's been enough to knock me off my perch.
There's no bloody joy in life without it is there? And what if there's a fire I wouldn't know. We'd be barbecued waiting for me to notice.
I'm really lucky that after a few days, my o2 has stabilised itself without medical help because I was so scared when it dropped initially so I ought to be be able to live with something so minor. But there you go, humans are complicated creatures.
My husband (day 10) needed medical help for his 02 yesterday but is now doing well and at home still.
We're again, so lucky. ❤
This virus is a real witch isn't it?
Just wanted to let you know you're not alone and say get well soon and send love to you x

• Heart
Reactions: 3

You have no idea if the vaccine saved you from being worse. Both my son and his family got it, all double jabed and were very poorly ( not poorly enough for hospital) My daughter and her family ( I suspect myself as well) got it, no jab and they said it was like a heavy cold ( that I also had)

I keep seeing people saying how bad they are and yet still posting on forums, FB, I keep seeing people say its worse than the flu and yet when people get flu the last thing the majority can do is post on forums and FB.

I keep seeing people say about long covid, long covid is a old thing made to look new. IMO the only good thing to come out of this will be finally those who have had their lives ruined by the after affects of a virus will now be taken seriously. But then again knowing the world as it is now if they didn't have covid no one will give a tit still.

I hope you and the others feel better soon, try taking some high dose zinc to get your taste/smell back and for others as a precautionary measure. Also some high dose vit D most of those with bad covid have low levels of viit D

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Me and my husband are coming to the end of a government-enforced isolation after getting Covid after visiting the UK. I feel fine just absolutely wiped out and still not got taste and smell back properly after nearly three weeks! Tell you summat there's no fear of me committing a crime and getting locked up. This last fortnight has boxed my heed in!

Me and my husband are coming to the end of a government-enforced isolation after getting Covid after visiting the UK. I feel fine just absolutely wiped out and still not got taste and smell back properly after nearly three weeks! Tell you summat there's no fear of me committing a crime and getting locked up. This last fortnight has boxed my heed in!
A colleague told me today that her partner's sense of taste and smell has returned, after 6 weeks.
Considering I'm 2 days in to it, I could have cried, but was also relieved that it came back at all I suppose.
I'm glad you are feeling better. Enjoy going outside!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
It makes me happy how slow these covid threads are these days! I take it to mean all those who used to post loads are out enjoying themselves like they used to. This time a year ago there was sometimes a covid thread a day, full of worrying and scary predictions, and it seemed like life would never resemble normal again. I couldn’t go an hour without worrying about the idea that life was never going to be good again.

Wish I could time travel back to me a year ago and tell myself that within 12 months things would basically be all ok again and that I would go days, maybe even a whole week without thinking about covid by then!

Just shows that nothings forever, hope the other people who used to post here and worry along with me are all doing well too! (I’m sure some of you lurk here as i do on occasion 🙊)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I work for the Government. It had all been arranged nationwide for a partial return to office from next week. 1 day per week for full time workers. Its been postponed at the last minute.

I wonder if this is a heads up to what the official instruction will be soon?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.