Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This announcement has really stressed me out. It just feels neverending. I already feel like our twice delayed summer holiday to France next August will have to be cancelled again because of all the restrictions for unvaccinated people (my husband has chosen not to get vaccinated) and now bringing the masks back, but only in shops cos it can't spread in cafes?! It's all just so illogical and controlling in my opinion. I personally don't mind wearing a mask but feel like if we comply with this then where will it end?!

Only thing that gives me a bit of hope is that talk radio poll someone posted earlier in the thread that shows 93% voted no lockdown

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think the pandemic will eventually be over.

They might develop a vaccine that is 100% reliable against all mutations OR the virus will become so weak that it is not more dangerous than a cold OR maybe herd immunity?

This might be a naive believe, and yes, the virus will always be around, but we have seen this summer that it can be managed.

I am not "happy" living with restrictions, but "happier" than living with the alternative: serious risk for all elderly or sick people, overwhelmed hospitals so no-one can get non-essential treatment or worst case serious damage /death from Covid.

And I also think that because of "all those things" there was a relatively normal summer! might not have been like that otherwise
I have to give you credit for your wishful thinking, but as a pandemic isn't over until the prevalence is over worldwide then I think realistically you've got a wait - especially as mutations of covid keep happening and scientists keep saying each one is conveniently more contagious than the last 🙄

An mrna vaccine is always 100 days from invention and a new variant appears every few months.

It's time to accept this won't be endemic for a long while yet, if ever.

I wrote a long while ago now how governments were gaslighting the public, and others have said the same.
It's not a nice feeling to admit you've been a victim to gaslighting, but we all have I'm afraid.
Keep positive, definitely! But be realistic

Eta.. if you believe what your being told by the media and scientists ect, then you'll know that no vaccine is 100% so that will never happen

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Have a dive into who is getting richer by the day due to covid and those who have lost
Someone is always getting richer whilst the poor get poorer. Especially with a Tory govt. locking people down and paying furlough as others have pointed out is causing massive debt, it’s a last resort.

Reactions: 2
Boris wouldn’t answer at the briefing waited till he got home 🙄

Reactions: 1
Someone is always getting richer whilst the poor get poorer. Especially with a Tory govt. locking people down and paying furlough as others have pointed out is causing massive debt, it’s a last resort.

They don't care about us being in debt, why would they when their own personal wealth grows?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
We do have to live with it but it's only sensible to be cautious about new variants in case it mutates into a much deadlier strain, especially so soon after coming out of lockdown and restrictions. The NHS could be overwhelmed again and hundreds of thousands more people could lose their lives. I can't blame them for wanting to prevent that.

I don't remember them making as much fuss about other variants though. Especially given Boris' laissez-faire attitude, I think they must be particularly worried about this one.
The nhs is always overwhelmed. The only reason they've stamped on this is because they fucked up before Xmas last year. The scientists themselves didn't seem phased tonight and said the vaccines should work.

There's no reason to think it will ever become more deadly. If it did then its failed as a virus as it can't survive, and viruses don't like that as a rule

Reactions: 6
They don't care about us being in debt, why would they when their own personal wealth grows?
Everyone works to earn a living-some make more than others and their wealth grows-again nothing new and not caused by covid.

duck my life 6 hour train journey for work on Monday and now I have to wear a mask. Was hoping for WFH so I didn’t have to go 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I hate wearing masks… there I said it
But I hate the whole announcement now of saying masks in shops but not cafes etc
I’m guessing we’ll have the ‘awkwardness’ of cafes etc now saying even though it’s not mandatory we will be asking customers to wear masks
Which just adds to confusion/annoyance

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Everyone works to earn a living-some make more than others and their wealth grows-again nothing new and not caused by covid.
Have a look into who is getting richer due to covid. They are destroying small businesses while the huge concerns grow even larger. Have a look into who owns shares in the vaccines, in the tests etc and so on.

Anyway, I'm not getting into this absolute farce again with people unable to see what is going on. If you cannot see it by now you never will.

Reactions: 8
duck my life 6 hour train journey for work on Monday and now I have to wear a mask. Was hoping for WFH so I didn’t have to go 😂
Wait till you're homeschooling again you'll be glad of a 6hr masked train journey 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I hate wearing masks… there I said it
But I hate the whole announcement now of saying masks in shops but not cafes etc
I’m guessing we’ll have the ‘awkwardness’ of cafes etc now saying even though it’s not mandatory we will be asking customers to wear masks
Which just adds to confusion/annoyance
don't wear them anywhere, no confusion then. The truth is they love to keep us confused "are we doing this right," "anyone remember what we are supposed to be doing", "whats the rules on this" on and on it goes

They want us wrong-footed want us unsure and confused

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Wish I had become a key worker in the last year! They CANNOT surely close the schools again

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.