Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #105

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t had my booster yet because I feel so conflicted, but then again I’ve never thought any less of someone who has decided that the vaccine wasn’t for them. I don’t have the energy to even think about the booster. I’ve got some real covid fatigue. I’m just enjoying life. Working my hours at work and going home and enjoying life with my husband and our little girl. I’m done with the constant pleas from people for measures, lockdowns etc. A once in a lifetime event has been pulled out as a monopoly card that they wanna throw out every few months. No thank you.
Do you genuinely know people "pleading" for new measures and lockdowns? I don't know anyone asking for these. Why do they want restrictions re-introduced, what do they think they will do long term?

Reactions: 4
I haven’t had my booster yet because I feel so conflicted, but then again I’ve never thought any less of someone who has decided that the vaccine wasn’t for them. I don’t have the energy to even think about the booster. I’ve got some real covid fatigue. I’m just enjoying life. Working my hours at work and going home and enjoying life with my husband and our little girl. I’m done with the constant pleas from people for measures, lockdowns etc. A once in a lifetime event has been pulled out as a monopoly card that they wanna throw out every few months. No thank you.
What's causing you conflict over the booster?

I'm thinking if people are vaccinated, they want the booster to top up their immunity and it was made clear quite early on that a booster would be required yearly, the same as the flu jab is required yearly.

Why have the vaccine in the first place if you don't want to maintain it with boosters?

Reactions: 2
I genuinely only know 2 people in real life who had the vaccines to protect themselves and their two extremely vulnerable children.

Everyone else,including family, had had them so they can go to pubs, shops, concerts and go abroad on holiday.

The media and the Government started off pushing the vaccine to save others, then to save the NHS, then to protect yourself and now it's going for to keep your freedom.

I'm surprised that people aren't more up in arms about this.
Because most people don’t want to admit that’s why they had it. The reality is they are angry at those of us who won’t have the vaccine, because they blame us for their lack of freedoms despite what they think they have done to “get them back”. So how do you force the rest of us to jab up so you can return to your coffee shops? Tell us we will die if we don’t, or we will kill the vulnerable! Despite the fact they don’t believe that for one second.

It’s nothing more than a blame game because they can’t see that they are the problem. You gave away your freedoms. If more of us had been sensible about our risk and realised how small it was, we wouldn’t be in the position now where they had anything to hold over us, or any minorities to blame.

Blame yourself and point your turmoil inwards. Expecting anyone else to have experimental healthcare, or indeed any healthcare, so you can get freedoms back that weren’t taken by them, is sick.

If someone cuts your leg off, do I have to saw mine off and give it to you to make you feel better? Because you know, it was my fault you have been wronged? It has really exposed the inner selfishness of society when grown adults will even go as far as expecting other peoples children to have healthcare they don’t need, for a strangers ‘benefit’.

Reactions: 10
Because most people don’t want to admit that’s why they had it. The reality is they are angry at those of us who won’t have the vaccine, because they blame us for their lack of freedoms despite what they think they have done to “get them back”. So how do you force the rest of us to jab up so you can return to your coffee shops? Tell us we will die if we don’t, or we will kill the vulnerable! Despite the fact they don’t believe that for one second.

It’s nothing more than a blame game because they can’t see that they are the problem. You gave away your freedoms. If more of us had been sensible about our risk and realised how small it was, we wouldn’t be in the position now where they had anything to hold over us, or any minorities to blame.

Blame yourself and point your turmoil inwards. Expecting anyone else to have experimental healthcare, or indeed any healthcare, so you can get freedoms back that weren’t taken by them, is sick.
It is a total blame game and I know more people can see this...but they obviously focus on the minority who want lockdowns which I know nobody who does btw.

The media is the biggest spreader of this by far. Now they can't have folk out stockpiling for a while they've reverted back to covid fearmongering again and it's terribly boring.

And Javid yesterday basically regurgitated the "don't kill Grandma" line 🙄. Death is a side effect of life. Your time is up when it's up (I believe) and yeah we need to live with it. *tantrums on floor at the thought of being back here again lol*

Reactions: 13
Who on Earth wants another lockdown?

The least disruptive measures they could introduce is to encourage work from home again and mask wearing.

Reactions: 5
Plz how do people still think wearing a non medical grade grubby piece of cloth over your face does anything 😭💀🤗

Reactions: 11
Plz how do people still think wearing a non medical grade grubby piece of cloth over your face does anything 😭💀🤗
Hmmmm only a mountain of scientific evidence

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My point is what right would someone have to complain as moan about any restrictions being brought back if they haven't done a thing to stop them coming back?

It's different to someone complaining or moaning about restrictions being brought back who has been jabbed, regularly test themselves and still wear a mask in crowded settings.
Everyone has played a part to restrict the spread of coronavirus though. Even if it wasn’t their choice people have had all their basic freedoms taken from them so it was impossible to not have contributed to ceasing the spread.
We need to stop blaming society who have put their lives on hold for almost 2 years and start recognising the blame is with those who impose the restrictions. We also need to recognise the virus is what is killing people not humans.

i think the issue is though that the majority of people don’t wear face masks correctly which makes them more ineffective. Obviously not everyone, but I think we’ve all witnessed members of the public wearing masks around their chin and then pulling them up and down as they go shop to shop to bus to work. They don’t change the mask after they’ve touched it. They take the same mask off that they put back on if they’re going in and out of places and in between taking it off they either carry it in their hand or wrap it around their wrist. I’ve even witnessed people hang them from their handbag.

I know loads of people who wear masks and they would admit they don’t follow the instructions to the letter.

Reactions: 9
I work in retail, 90% of people don’t wear masks correctly, if not more. I highly doubt this is exclusive to the Lake District. And if the masks worked - medical professionals wouldn’t need surgical grade masks with filters. If you can breathe out, the mask isn’t stopping tit coming in. If the masks worked, cases wouldn’t have been consistent throughout the entire pandemic. It’s a placebo to make people feel comfortable to go out.

If you want to believe Denise from up the roads homemade dog print curtain muzzle is doing something for us all, crack on.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
What's causing you conflict over the booster?

I'm thinking if people are vaccinated, they want the booster to top up their immunity and it was made clear quite early on that a booster would be required yearly, the same as the flu jab is required yearly.

Why have the vaccine in the first place if you don't want to maintain it with boosters?
I had the first 2 jabs because I was terrified of getting covid (CEV)
I've turned down my 3rd dose. My reasons being, I am less scared now, and the 3rd dose is Pfizer whereas my first two were Oxford AZ and I'm not confident in the idea of mixing vaccines, nor am I fully informed regarding MRNA vaccines.

Reactions: 9
Everyone has played a part to restrict the spread of coronavirus though. Even if it wasn’t their choice people have had all their basic freedoms taken from them so it was impossible to not have contributed to ceasing the spread.
We need to stop blaming society who have put their lives on hold for almost 2 years and start recognising the blame is with those who impose the restrictions. We also need to recognise the virus is what is killing people not humans.

i think the issue is though that the majority of people don’t wear face masks correctly which makes them more ineffective. Obviously not everyone, but I think we’ve all witnessed members of the public wearing masks around their chin and then pulling them up and down as they go shop to shop to bus to work. They don’t change the mask after they’ve touched it. They take the same mask off that they put back on if they’re going in and out of places and in between taking it off they either carry it in their hand or wrap it around their wrist. I’ve even witnessed people hang them from their handbag.

I know loads of people who wear masks and they would admit they don’t follow the instructions to the letter.
Most people just wear masks as a gesture. But it's important to remember that public places aren't a clinical setting and shouldn't be treated as such.

Reactions: 6

Yes this is very true.

I remember in the height of the early pandemic going to the shop and seeing a woman wear rubber gloves to the shop, then get in her car and touch everything in it and begin driving whilst still wearing the rubber gloves. Well done now all of the particles from the shop are in your car!

Basic stuff which people don't think about and can't get right.

You've a right to moan because you've done your bit with the jabs. It's annoying when people who won't wear a mask, won't take a jab, basically won't do a thing to try and keep cases down then have the nerve to moan when restrictions come back.
Sajid, is that you?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yes this is very true.

I remember in the height of the early pandemic going to the shop and seeing a woman wear rubber gloves to the shop, then get in her car and touch everything in it and begin driving whilst still wearing the rubber gloves. Well done now all of the particles from the shop are in your car!

Basic stuff which people don't think about and can't get right.
The same people who were wearing masks before it was mandated who then proceeded to ignore social distancing and lean across you to grab things from shelves etc.

Reactions: 4
  • Reusing a filthy mask from your pocket, or to be quite honest even if it's fresh that morning, if it's been in a pocket, bag or anywhere not sterile - it's not clean anymore
  • Covering your nose but not mouth
  • Covering your mouth but not nose
  • Hanging on your chin when you want a chat
  • Pulling it down to touch your face, eat or drink, or putting it down while you do so
  • Taking it on and off between shops
  • Touching it with unclean hands
  • Coughing and barking into it and not changing it
  • Homemade masks that don't even have the basics of multiple layers
Or my personal favourite, doing all of the above, not social distancing & getting more up in people's space than you should pandemic or not, not sanitising your hands, or sanitising them and then proceeding to touch your skin (I've had some great arse scratchers touching all the store merch after!) but it's all OK because you are double vaxxed!

And don't get me started on the amount of non-essential trips during lockdown (maccies coz u know, it's technically OK!) but god forbid the anti-vaxxed person goes to see their dying Gran.

But yeah, masks will save us all.

Reactions: 12

I know people at work who, when we required to wear them, wore the same one for 5 days straight and left them lying around the room in between wearing. One even wore hers indoors all day to cough into sl she didnt have to keep washing her already sore hands.

Does that include handmade face masks from etsy, Ebay and those bought from high street shops?

I can see the benefits of wearing medical grade filtered and made to fit masks which are changed after each use, worn properly and handled correctly.

I struggle to see how a 50p face mask from Primark worn around the chin, below the nose and swung fron a wrist and scrunched in a pocket even offers any solution.

I had the first 2 jabs because I was terrified of getting covid (CEV)
I've turned down my 3rd dose. My reasons being, I am less scared now, and the 3rd dose is Pfizer whereas my first two were Oxford AZ and I'm not confident in the idea of mixing vaccines, nor am I fully informed regarding MRNA vaccines.
Is the third vaccine the booster or are they two separate things?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I know people at work who, when we required to wear them, wore the same one for 5 days straight and left them lying around the room in between wearing. One even wore hers indoors all day to cough into sl she didnt have to keep washing her already sore hands.

Does that include handmade face masks from etsy, Ebay and those bought from high street shops?

I can see the benefits of wearing medical grade filtered and made to fit masks which are changed after each use, worn properly and handled correctly.

I struggle to see how a 50p face mask from Primark worn around the chin, below the nose and swung fron a wrist and scrunched in a pocket even offers any solution.
I had to have a word with a member of staff about the state of their mask.
God only knows how long it had been rattling around in a bag or pocket, but it was absolutely filthy.. you could see all sorts of stains on it 🤢
People will generally change their clothes everyday, but don't seem to think that when they're putting something on their face that it should be exceptionally clean. It's actually beggars belief!

My favourite thing to see that makes my eyes roll back to my arse is when you see someone accept a mask that's physically handed to them by someone from an open box that's left at the door way. Sure Jen, super hygienic - no ta 🙄

• Sick
  • Wow
I have someone at work who had really quite horrific reactions to both jabs to the point she's still poorly (underlying health) and she's worried about the booster but is still seeking (or trying to seek) medical advice about the 3rd. Most of us are doing it I.e having the 3 but masks genuinely made me feel sick. I've left a job in the past in a medical setting as masks made me feel dizzy/faint etc. I get I'm a minority - I still wore them but it affected my life going out so I'm afraid I won't be wearing one again. If I got covid after 3 jabs + natural immunity only 8 weeks ago then it's part of learning to live with now. I won't let covid put me back on antidepressants when I've spent so long working on myself etc to get off them 🙃
I have a friend who reacted badly to both jabs. She has just been diagnosed with a heart condition, in her 20s. And she is still considering the booster as she needs to stay in work for the NHS. Such a sad sad situation that some people feel they need to choose between their health and keeping a roof over their head. It is an impossible situation which is why it should NEVER have been mandated in any setting.

And well done for working hard to manage your mental health without medication that is a big achievement. Do what is right for your individual needs ❤

• Sad
I definitely feel masks make little to no difference. When people are doing it because they're told they don't give thought to wearing them properly, mask hygiene etc.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.