Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree with that.

I don't agree that we were sold the jab as a magic bullet to prevent any deaths as the other poster stated.
Same.
The vaccine was never a miracle preventative. The government have never portrayed it this way. It was always explained that it ‘lessens’ the chance of serious disease, not that it stops all serious disease and that no one vaccinated will get Covid.

Reactions: 7

If he wanted a car he would listen to a car salesman. If he wanted a holiday he would listen to a travel agent. If he wanted a house he would listen to an estate agent. If he wants medical advice he will ignore all the experts and listen to dodgy people on social media and You Tube.

Reactions: 6
I’m happy for the A Level students receiving their results today but sad that absolutely nothing was done to help university students in the same vain. There will be many struggling students next year going into university as they will have gotten high grades and got into harder courses due to the teacher assessed grades.

My university lecturers tried their best this year but the higher ups absolutely destroyed most students chances. There was NO grade adjustments made and it’s strange to me how they haven’t publicly spoken about this. I don’t know if it’s just my university but we got the worst results in a long time this year overall.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It makes me so angry that everyone is now saying “we’ll the double jabbed who have died had underlying health conditions”. This was never suppose to happen we were told that it would protect the vulnerable. The vaccine doesn’t seem to be working as well as they though it would look at Israel.
The vaccines do protect the vulnerable. Tens of thousands more of them would have died if it wasn't for the vaccines. We were told all along by the experts that people would still die. Boris mentions that often enough as well. We haven't been lied to.

Reactions: 8

If he wanted a car he would listen to a car salesman. If he wanted a holiday he would listen to a travel agent. If he wanted a house he would listen to an estate agent. If he wants medical advice he will ignore all the experts and listen to dodgy people on social media and You Tube.
How do you know his only research was social media or YouTube?!

I can’t speak for everyone, but when I want to book a holiday I avoid the travel agents and book everything myself it’s always cheaper. I also don’t listen to a car salesperson those folk could sell ice to eskimos so again I’d rather do my own research looking at reviews and prices on the market before buying one.

not everyone does things the same itdoesn’t make them wrong, the told you so attitude when someone unvaccinated dies is appalling but yet when people mention their family members getting ill directly from the vaccine some people laugh!!!!? It’s crazy to me what has happened to humanity.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I agree with that.

I don't agree that we were sold the jab as a magic bullet to prevent any deaths as the other poster stated.
I think it's up to individual interpretation ! not that long ago Boris announced to the commons that because of the vaccine programme the risk of severe disease and death had been SEVERED some would take that to mean the vaccines were invincible depending on how that message came across to them 🤷‍♀️
16CE5C6C-2EC5-42E5-BE0F-DE13BB7BC933.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Is the lack of isolation for those vaccinated/kids still happening on the 16th?

If you have to isolate this week then would it end on the 16th?

It’s interesting to see a media agenda play out - every headline I see at the moment is all about people who refused the vaccine, now dying. Trying to get those on the fence to take it up!

Is the lack of isolation for those vaccinated/kids still happening on the 16th?

If you have to isolate this week then would it end on the 16th?
Good question, I was wondering the same.
I became yet another casualty of the pingpocalypse yesterday and my self isolation is due to end on the 18th - though as it's technically only advisory I thinnk I could manage to summon the spirit of rebellion and break it two days early, on tiptoe and with a mere string quartet instead of a fanfare.

• Haha
  • Wow
It’s irresponsible to come out of isolation imo not rebel at all, careless in fact. Just my opinion not meaning to cause offence I’m sure it’s just a joke.

I’m happy for the A Level students receiving their results today but sad that absolutely nothing was done to help university students in the same vain. There will be many struggling students next year going into university as they will have gotten high grades and got into harder courses due to the teacher assessed grades.

My university lecturers tried their best this year but the higher ups absolutely destroyed most students chances. There was NO grade adjustments made and it’s strange to me how they haven’t publicly spoken about this. I don’t know if it’s just my university but we got the worst results in a long time this year overall.
That's really poor, and for Universities there isn't anything the government can do because they are private institutions. Your University still could have done lots of things such as offer generous extensions for assessment, check marks against previous years and adjust upwards if needed. I'm surprised there hasn't been any accommodation from your Uni on that. Ultimately it reflects badly on them if their marks drop, it will mean they have to lower their offers and eventually decreases the value of the degree (which I think is bollocks but that's what I hear being said where I am)

Reactions: 2
It’s irresponsible to come out of isolation imo not rebel at all, careless in fact. Just my opinion not meaning to cause offence I’m sure it’s just a joke.
There is no legal obligation to isolate if pinged by the app. Only if directly contacted by track and trace (and here in wales only if not double jabbed).

Same as primary aged kids as well, mine has had two years impacted - and I can’t believe any of them are where they should be individually to move up to the next year.

There is no legal obligation to isolate if pinged by the app. Only if directly contacted by track and trace (and here in wales only if not double jabbed).
I don’t have the app so I don’t know how that works/has worked. Just in general though if someone’s isolating and decides to just come out of isolation I think that’s irresponsible and careless.

I don’t have the app so I don’t know how that works/has worked. Just in general though if someone’s isolating and decides to just come out of isolation I think that’s irresponsible and careless.
How is that any different? Had you had the app you may have been pinged, but because you don't have it you don't know, so why if someone can come out of their isolation under those terms is it irresponsible and careless? They could have deleted the app and been none the wiser, but health wise they are still the same.

How is that any different? Had you had the app you may have been pinged, but because you don't have it you don't know, so why if someone can come out of their isolation under those terms is it irresponsible and careless? They could have deleted the app and been none the wiser, but health wise they are still the same.
How is what different? I’ve just said I don’t know how that works with being pinged. My comments were about coming out of isolation - I believe it’s careless if it’s not your time to come out.

I feel in general if someone is isolating and comes out of isolation it’s irresponsible it’s only my opinion like I stated in my original post.

Half and half, if after that date new pingees don't have to isolate at all, surely releasing the older pingees a few days early isn't going to make any difference?

Given that the delta variant has taken over, this would mean if you don't have symptoms within a week (instead of the ten days that is fine for the alpha variant), then it's odds on that you won't develop symptoms at all, assuming you even have it.
And maybe loads of tests to make sure.

Reactions: 2
Half and half, if new pingees don't have to isolate at all, surelyreleasing the older pingees a few days early isn't going to make any difference?

Given that the delta variant has taken over, this would mean if you don't have symptoms within a week (instead of the ten days that is fine for the alpha variant), then it's odds on that you won't develop symptoms at all, assuming you even have it.
And maybe loads of tests to make sure.
I don’t know how the pinging works I’ve never had an app I don’t know how to use all that stuff. Not very accessible for folk like me.

I was talking in general about coming out of isolation before your time I feel it’s careless - like I said in my original post I don’t mean to cause offence

Look at the lengths you have to go to to be allowed on a train in France. Awful country.

I wouldn’t say it’s an awful country. Draconian measures certainly uncalled for. But a beautiful country I’m very fond of France.

How is what different? I’ve just said I don’t know how that works with being pinged. My comments were about coming out of isolation - I believe it’s careless if it’s not your time to come out.

I feel in general if someone is isolating and comes out of isolation it’s irresponsible it’s only my opinion like I stated in my original post.
Regardless of if you understand the app or not.

Lets say person 1 and person 2 (with the app) were somewhere together where the person 2 got pinged and decided (didn't have to legally) isolate, why would them coming out of isolation a day or two early be any different to the fact that person 1 hasn't isolated at all? Why are they irresponsible and careless when person 1 has been out and about about for 8 days?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.