Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That means people will have to be jabbed forever more then as they wane after 6 months .

Would UK teachers be happy with this
Firstly teachers (in the UK) weren't priority for jabs, now we potentially can't be without them šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The article today in the daily Mail about teenagers getting myocarditis isnā€™t very reassuring. I donā€™t think children should given it even people in their early twenties. There has never been a vaccine as dangerous as this there really hasnā€™t been. Also I am sick of so much misinformation being online you donā€™t know what is the truth and what isnā€™t anymore. I read somewhere that a group of NHS doctors have been trying to get out that the Pfizer vaccine is poison and that there have been loads of incidents of death and illness from them and thatā€™s why they no longer ask are you vaccinated at A and E. I have also read that it will effect our immunity against other virus now. The media is so toxic but this vaccine seems to be really dangerous.
I haven't read the Daily Mail article however I read a NewScientist summary last week and whilst there is a slight increase in the risks of myocarditis preliminary studies have shown that there is a 6x higher risk of getting myocarditis from the Covid infection than there is from the vaccine. Again I could be wrong but I don't believe there have been any contributing deaths in young people due to myocarditis from the vaccine and most cases have only been mild and recover within a few months.

I personally haven't witnessed any deaths from the vaccine (granted, I am no longer working on Covid wards and each patient I see is pre-screened for Covid) but even with the risk of myocarditis, I would still say that the vaccine benefits outweigh any potential side effects that may occur. I think it is easy to pigeonhole that the vaccine is a risk, but you can get myocarditis from so many other things, including the flu/flu vaccine so to me its worth it, but I do understand that people have to make the best decision for themselves.

Sorry, might be talking jibberish, coming off an on call night.

Reactions: 9
i work for the NHS visiting vulnerable people in their homes. Part of my work can be done from home, over the phone. Iā€™ve told my manager that if Iā€™m pinged I am not happy to go on home visits. She agreed.
And I would have done the same, even if people I worked with were not vulnerable - and especially if I needed public transport to get there.

Reactions: 1
Quite pathetic attempt to distract from the fact that the morons thought it was still BBC HQ and that you didn't read the article that you commented on.

They didnā€™t believe it was the BBC, you're the biggest moron believing everything the newspaper tells you, if you were not there then you canā€™t comment. Plus if you look hard enough youā€™ll see it was mainly peaceful but of course only the argy bargy gets cherry picked to report on.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Itā€™s refreshing to see professor pollard (Chair of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation) talking about herd immunity being unrealistic for covid because of its many variants and the vaccine failing to prevent transmission. Iā€™m glad heā€™s stated the focus should be on treating covid, this is most sensible imo. We canā€™t keep mass testing people with no symptoms, locking down forever, thereā€™s always going to be cases and unfortunately fatalities. We need to work on treating to preserve life at this stage.

Reactions: 2
Anybody else know if nurses have been aspirating when vaccinating people? Dr John Campbell on YouTube said aspirating when vaccinating is important.

Anybody know much about this? In the comments people have said they asked their nurse when getting the jab and were told no they don't aspirate.

If you do a lateral flow test and itā€™s positive, but your pcr is negative, do you have to isolate?

back story- I took a PCR test last Monday as I had a cough and cold symptoms- it was negative. I felt better and went to work. My husband started coughing last night and has cold symptoms, so he has had a PCR test this morning. My boss asked me to do a lateral flow test, which is positive šŸ˜¬ I am having another pcr test today. If thatā€™s negative and my husbands is negative, do I still have to isolate?

Can someone please explain to me why I still canā€™t see an NHS doctor or dentist face to face. Is there even a reason anymore?

Reactions: 5
Itā€™s refreshing to see professor pollard (Chair of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation) talking about herd immunity being unrealistic for covid because of its many variants and the vaccine failing to prevent transmission. Iā€™m glad heā€™s stated the focus should be on treating covid, this is most sensible imo. We canā€™t keep mass testing people with no symptoms, locking down forever, thereā€™s always going to be cases and unfortunately fatalities. We need to work on treating to preserve life at this stage.
I read something similar but it was Professor Andrew Hayward (sits on the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group), talking about the difficulties with herd immunity. The vaccine does not fail completely to prevent transmissionā€¦he mentions that vaccines may be around 60% effective at preventing infection.

If you do a lateral flow test and itā€™s positive, but your pcr is negative, do you have to isolate?

back story- I took a PCR test last Monday as I had a cough and cold symptoms- it was negative. I felt better and went to work. My husband started coughing last night and has cold symptoms, so he has had a PCR test this morning. My boss asked me to do a lateral flow test, which is positive šŸ˜¬ I am having another pcr test today. If thatā€™s negative and my husbands is negative, do I still have to isolate?
If both PCR tests come back negative, I believe you would not have to isolate but perhaps best to check.

Can someone please explain to me why I still canā€™t see an NHS doctor or dentist face to face. Is there even a reason anymore?
I am surprised at that. Speaking of my own experiences the doctors I haven't needed but know those who have they have been 'screened' by the receptionist on the phone who goes to speak to your doctor and gets back to you. This isn't a bad thing because if you're worried about a rash they can give you cream to pick up at the pharmacy you don't need to take up their time. But more serious things you get seen in person. If they can give you something for a condition and it doesn't go then see the doctor, but hopefully what they give you will get rid of it.

Dentist I have been fine too. During lockdown I had a six month check up cancelled but that was understandable as they could see far less people due to all the cleaning between patients. Since then I have been back for a check up and have another one in the pipeline.

Dentists are open so you should be able to see them for an appointment. I went to see mine a few weeks ago and they were operating as normal (with some guidelines still in place such as social distancing and wearing masks).

Dentists are open so you should be able to see them for an appointment. I went to see mine a few weeks ago and they were operating as normal (with some guidelines still in place such as social distancing and wearing masks).
Ive been able to see private dentists throughout but trying to get an nhs appointment is like planning a bleeping mission to space. No availability for ā€œat least the next 6 monthsā€ I just donā€™t understand itā€¦ they canā€™t be that busy surely. I canā€™t afford to spend Ā£100+ on my teeth each time, itā€™s rinsing me!

Reactions: 3
I read something similar but it was Professor Andrew Hayward (sits on the New and Emerging Respiratory Virus Threats Advisory Group), talking about the difficulties with herd immunity. The vaccine does not fail completely to prevent transmissionā€¦he mentions that vaccines may be around 60% effective at preventing infection.
I know it doesnā€™t fail completely but it does largely and the worry is that with new variants it is likely to be in a worse state. Prof Pollard is the head of the Oxford vaccine group and he has made clear this virus wonā€™t reach herd immunity so the vaccine programme shouldnā€™t be promoted around that anymore. We should instead be researching and developing treatment for a management of disease and learning to live with covid.

Are you talking about a GP? If I'm being completely honest I am not certain why quite a number of GPs are still not open, especially with the capabilities of being about to take temperatures etc before admitting to the practice. I know a friend of mine struggled to get a GP appointment for her 14 month old. They fobbed her off with saying it was symptoms of Covid and to take her straight to A&E. Of course in a panic she did, only to get to A&E to be told she's exhibiting no signs of childhood Covid and then having to fight the GP for an appointment again. Turns out it was tonsillitis

If its a hospital, and I can only speak for my own here, it has been a push to do as may follow ups or post surgery calls via the telephone or video conference. Unfortunately I don't think everyone is happy with how patients are being vetted and it can be completely based on who you speak to first. In my service its surgery so we are seeing every patient for their consultations.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.