Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #101

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god no, be prepared for a massive culture shock then!
We're in a covid hot spot in the south and even we've ditched one way systems, but in Cornwall it's like covid hasn't happened at all in any respect.
In our experience no one cares at all, you'll see around 95% of people not wearing masks anywhere, and accents suggest it's not just tourists either.
It didn't bother us, but I can imagine it bothering other people
Agree, I’m South West and the last week or so masks and all SD are pretty much gone. Everywhere is packed because of all the people holidaying here too (Dorset).

I’m really pleased though because I was only masking up to make others feel comfortable, now that the majority aren’t I’ve ditched my mask 🥳 it feels like the old days at the moment and I’m so happy about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I noticed this in the bottom part of the highlighted information. Every death is awful. These are obviously the stories they are going for now to instill doubt in those who have not had the vaccine

View attachment 696597
It's completely obvious to me what happening, but if that doesn't make others realise then I don't know what will

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Anyone else think this story about "fit healthy man" dying of covid is disingenuous?

Terrible for his family and my heart goes out to them. But lots of "fit" bodybuilders have died of covid and often their inside aren't in that good of a shape with all the substances they've taken. (Like Sean Pratt). You can see in the hospital photo he's had cosmetic surgery around his nipples - often bodybuilders have this due to steroid abuse. I think it's a stupid scare storie cause just because someone is muscular does not mean they are the pinical of health!

Super fit,sporty people often seem to suffer badly from illness . It's often reported that people take ill or even die after marathons/ half marathons. It put so much pressure on the body .

Reactions: 3
Oh god no, be prepared for a massive culture shock then!
We're in a covid hot spot in the south and even we've ditched one way systems, but in Cornwall it's like covid hasn't happened at all in any respect.
In our experience no one cares at all, you'll see around 95% of people not wearing masks anywhere, and accents suggest it's not just tourists either.
It didn't bother us, but I can imagine it bothering other people
I think part of it is caused by the 'holiday atmosphere'. I went to Wales in the May/June half term week and it was the same there really. I mean, you obviously had to wear masks indoors, but otherwise it didn't feel much different to any other holiday I'd had in the past with everywhere crowded.

My theory back then was that everyone seemed happy to be on holiday and the sun was shining, so there was a 'throw caution to the wind' type of feeling. I'd been double jabbed by then so I wasn't massively concerned.

Has anyone else found some maskless people trying to prove a point? I might be unlucky but twice now since I've been in the supermarket since 19 July, someone without a mask has got really close to me in the queue for zero reason. I've chosen to keep wearing my mask, so it felt a bit like both times they were trying to annoy me/mock me. Both times I just ignored them as I wasn't looking for an argument - bit immature, though.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Anyone who's had covid, were you really thirsty? I've been so thirsty especially in the evening/during the night

Anyone who's had covid, were you really thirsty? I've been so thirsty especially in the evening/during the night
I had a virus thing with a cough and fever the beginning of 2020 ( before covid was such a thing) and my throat was so dry . It wasn't like normal thirst, it was like there was no moisture when I swallowed and drinking didn't make any difference. I've never experienced anything like it.

If you've been sweating a lot it will leave you thirsty
That's true, I have possibly over night. I've drank about 4 litres today and still thirsty 😫 I'm due a diabetes check, not sure if the excessive thirst is covid or potential diabetes
I had a virus thing with a cough and fever the beginning of 2020 ( before covid was such a thing) and my throat was so dry . It wasn't like normal thirst, it was like there was no moisture when I swallowed and drinking didn't make any difference. I've never experienced anything like it.
That's exactly like how I feel! I don't have a fever anymore just a sore/dry throat and feeling dizzy

Reactions: 2
That's true, I have possibly over night. I've drank about 4 litres today and still thirsty 😫 I'm due a diabetes check, not sure if the excessive thirst is covid or potential diabetes

That's exactly like how I feel! I don't have a fever anymore just a sore/dry throat and feeling dizzy
Hopefully just the fever hope you feel better soon x

I read somewhere to gargle water round your mouth if you have a dry mouth ( handy if you are hungover and wake up with a gob like Ghandi's flip flop) but I could never seem to get the water to the dry bit of my throat.

Drinking lots of water is still beneficial, though

I read somewhere to gargle water round your mouth if you have a dry mouth ( handy if you are hungover and wake up with a gob like Ghandi's flip flop) but I could never seem to get the water to the dry bit of my throat.

Suck on ice cubes that's good for a dry mouth

Mines kind of tonsils/larynx area. Just had a Lemsip and feels better. I'm off for an early night

Was it Treliske? That's reopened and now Launceston miu has closed. I'm in Devon, no idea how busy it is as we've been in isolation since 23rd, another 6 days to go 😭😭
How’s you and the little one? Do you live in Devon?

All seems a bit sinister. It's no wonder he wants younger people to take the vaccine when he's got a interest in it happening.

• Wow
Can someone who understands more than me explain how the green/amber/red list thing works? Am I right in that even if we move a country to green, they also have to allow us in? Just because somewhere is green doesn’t mean we can just rock up there on holiday right?

*some overzealous/overworked friends have jumped onto manic holiday planning and I’ve tried explaining I don’t think it’s as simple as they seem to think but I’ve given up as just coming across as a massive party pooper!

Can someone who understands more than me explain how the green/amber/red list thing works? Am I right in that even if we move a country to green, they also have to allow us in? Just because somewhere is green doesn’t mean we can just rock up there on holiday right?

*some overzealous/overworked friends have jumped onto manic holiday planning and I’ve tried explaining I don’t think it’s as simple as they seem to think but I’ve given up as just coming across as a massive party pooper!
Yes of course, USA has been green but they won’t let us in so it’s a no go.

The UK has to say it’s ok to go (green) and the country has to accept you or you’ll be straight back ok a flight or forced into quarantine over there.

Reactions: 5
(Side note; this is my opinion alone, I am NOT bleeping ANTI VAX.)
(Side note 2; the JVC 2/3 weeks ago were against 16/17 getting the jab)

Kids can now get the vaccine, yes I’m calling them kids. Kids. 16/17.
and are actively being pushed to get the vaccine,

regardless of parents views or consent. could be extended to kids over 12 very soon.
bleeping babies

meanwhile
quickly look over there 😳 OVER THERE 😳
another dead bloke who’s come to visit us via a spirit guide named Sam....
why are you back random dead bloke called John, John Deer.😬
you died somewhere in the last 4 to 83 days and you had the covid number 19 on your death certificate?????
and what was that John......YOU WISH YOU’D HAD THE VACCINE BUT YOU WERE ONE OF THOSE SELFISH GOBSHITES CLOGGING UP THE NHS SYSTEM WHO TURNED IT DOWN!!!!!!

thanks for that John. Over to sandra with the weather, Sandra have you got the vaccine, if not go sit in the green room I’ll look out the window you waste of oxygen. 😐

• Sick
Reactions: 9

Record peak infections, eleven and a half thousand in hospital and mid 80s percentage for capacity used which is expected to run out of space in the next week.

It's serious in Florida and shows again it's not a seasonal cold weather virus for those who just presume later this year we will be ravaged by covid again. Good news the vaccines work with less than 3% being those at highest risk.

I can’t sleep

My best friend is 29, double vaccinated in December, caught covid on Friday

She’s been admitted to hospital and I’m just thinking of the worst

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.