Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
A few reasons to be optimistic :)

4% bounce on the FTSE, maybe it is believable that it could be under control in 12 weeks.

8 vaccines are entering tests.

Rapid diagnostic tools coming soon hopefully to identify all the people that are carriers and asymptomatic. That would really help to stop the spread as they think up to 50% have no symptoms and this is why the virus is so "good" at spreading.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

hrh89

VIP Member
I can’t find the original post but the lovely person that offered to send period products... I found some in town today savers and Poundland both had a fair bit. But thank you xx

Reactions: 23

Bostonx

VIP Member
My sibling works for a supermarket. Today they were exhausted. Hands sore from all the washing.
Mentally drained from the abuse. Very worried about going back after a day off.

• Sad
Reactions: 22

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
We really are such privileged fuckers aren’t we.
I used to love when my grandad told stories of life after the war, it was like fiction, queuing for petrol, getting the broken biscuits from the Jacobs factory because a staff member lives on the same road and shared them out (I obviously focused on priorities)
feeding the neighbours kids because you had extra that week.

We’re a long way off that but it must be so weird seeing those in their 90’s watching this happen.

I keep needing to remind myself to STOP stressing about the smallest things and remember there are people who won’t get to say goodbye to their parents or family members, or who won’t be able to feed their kids in a weeks time because they’ve lost their jobs.

and I need to keep reminding myself to get off line or go read other threads here 😐
I might come out of this physically, but i don’t want to be a mess mentally when we do.

Daily reminder,
look after your 3 ply and your head 👍
Go outside, wash your hands, go check what Rebecca lamb is having for lunch 🤷‍♀️ Or what’s happening with Megan and Harry 😂🤣

just pull yourself back from the edge 👍🤪

also, while I’m being a condescending twat.
“Lockdown” does not mean you’re stripped of you rights 😣 it done to make sure the right people are able to access the right resources and get to the right places at the right time without hysteria!!
180 people looking to go to Asda isn’t safe, it’s a short term solution to help everyone, not lock them away for months on end.
Also my positive is not having to see my mother in law 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Although I’ve been keeping abreast of events for some time, so like most of you I’m aware of what is likely to be coming, I feel like this morning is where the gravity of the situation actually hit me:

This morning a friend let us know her Nan had been admitted to hospital and has been placed on an end of life pathway. The ward is locked down, so she and her family cannot say goodbye.

Another friend received a pamphlet from her child’s school, explaining how to explain what’s happening to kids. One of those things being an answer to “Will my Nan & Grandad die?” Alongside an explanation as to how to explain death to a child. She understands why the school have to do it, but it didn’t make it any less upsetting for her.

I went to the supermarket to pick up my mums prescription. Because there were so many people there who weren’t keeping their distance, despite me leaping away, I realised the only thing I could do to protect her was to ring ahead and leave it on her doorstep.

The realisation that this will be reality (and worse) for us all for months, absolutely broke me. So I sobbed, alone in the car. 😞

Positive vibes isn’t enough to keep us safe. People need to start taking the advice to social distance absolutely seriously!

• Sad
Reactions: 21

GiggleBee

VIP Member
Why are non essential shops like Lush not closing? Theyre offering free bathbombs to NHS workers which is lovely but it would be alot better if they closed and stopped people going in and spreading the virus. That would help the NHS alot more than a bathbomb!
Lets face it, lush and alot of other non essential stores like costa ect can afford to close!

mummy2under2

VIP Member
So so glad we have the most elite military in the world.
If there's anything to be proud of, it's that.
They'll free up resources so police can keep on top of crime.
So unless you're planning on ransacking your local bank... Having them around will be a blessing.
❤

• Heart

Meh

Chatty Member
“As far as I am aware it’s a test like a pregnancy test but it needs blood, not urine”

Okay then Bojo. I’ll get ready to piss out my blood 😳😳😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
A day stuck at home.

“Is it bed time yet”
“Is it lunch time yet”
“How many lunches is too many lunches”
“Oh a snack 😮🤗
“What will I have for dinner...part one”
“Oh a snack 🤭
“What meal comes after dinner”
“Oh a snack 😮 damit that’s a dog food nugget 😒
“How much tea can kill you”

Google’s:
What is the best cereal to eat/who is the best power ranger/can you die from knawing on uncooked fishless fingers/
will the government introduce a new meal in the next sky news update ”

“Oh a snack”

3.30pm. Is it bed time yet.

• Haha
I don’t believe that they’ll achieve the level of under control they are looking for in the UK by telling everyone how mature we are and “advising” we stay home.

I already work from home so I’m already doing what France is doing, but the amount of people trying to find loopholes, let’s all go and drink in the park together or we’ll go to the supermarket multiple times a day is not going to work.

It doesn’t really get more serious than this, sorry to get dark but over 1 person an hour is dying from this everyday in the UK, the numbers are still moderate but this will change.

I think anyone who chooses to go against the social distancing advice (not people who have to go to work) should sign a waiver to say they’ll be further down the list if they need a ventilator.

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
Lidl was pretty empty today but I did manage to buy a Himalayan salt lamp for a tenner and it's making me happy, I'd recommend one to lift your mood :)
I've thought about getting one of these. But I've got cats. And kids. And if the cats don't lick it, the kids will. This is why we can't have nice things.

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
Collected my son from uni today.
I was actually relieved he’d been living on ready meals instead of cooking because it meant I could raid his cupboards of tinned toms, pasta and sweetcorn! Also brought back his hand soap which I’ve not been able to buy for weeks.
On the other hand, I’ve now got another mouth to feed!

• Heart