Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monga

VIP Member
Thanks for that, you’re so right. With unbelievable dramatic irony, I just jumped on a YouTube livestream of a woman I recently discovered who does videos about life advice mixed with celebrity gossip (yep...she makes it work somehow). Literally the first full question i caught was “how do I stop texting an ex?” Her second suggestion was write it in notes and come back after 24 hours ... I did write it out in notes and wow I wish I’d left it 24 hours!
You never know he might have been glad of it ,it's strange times...

emm

VIP Member
We have family in North Cornwall that are both over 70 but in their own. We are over 200 miles away and I’m worried about them being on their own. They have a big house and we could all stay there but they have no children if their own and I am their only niece. I feel like I should be there helping them and I don’t know what to do for the best. I have a 1yr old and my partner can work from anywhere. I just don’t know what to do to support the elderly members of my family.
I think itsbetter to stay away.. meand mybsister are both early 30s our parents are healthy but 70 and 71and we've made the decision to stay away jsut in case we infected them

freddiesmum09

The govt know that there isn’t going to be 100% compliance rate to any of the advice given - however this is what they need to aim for to ‘flatten the curve’ according to university college.

I think it’s risky strategy personally because people that are non compliant are more likely to persuade those that are compliant to bend the rules thus spread the virus - especially as there are no consequences.

Those that are compliant may also get fed up with seeing those that are non compliant going about life as usual and decide they will also become non compliant.

Long term isolation over more than a week needs to be enforced.

Attachments

abitfairytale

Do both parents have to be key workers? I am classed as a key worker due to working in a nursery but my husband isn't, so unsure whether my daughter qualifies to still go to school... Ideally wouldn't want her too but with now both sets of parents in self-isolation I may not have much choice.

SassyRiv77

I was walking around Asda last night with my partner, we only went in for Mother's Day cards but decided to have a look at the carnage on the shelves anyway. I actually had tears in my eyes seeing elderly men and women pushing trolleys round with barely enough to make one meal. I could see they were just picking up whatever they could get, pot noodles, mug shots etc. Kind of like "that will have to do". It's so sad. These people have worked hard all their lives, and now they're being left with nothing to feed themselves with :(
aren’t we all currently living a bit like this tho? It’s very very temporary this food situation
Older people are more resilient than others realise especially with food.
I think younger ones worry too much

Not sure how it's irresponsible? 🤷🏻‍♀️
He's left me, to look after our children which I'm more than capable of doing to go and provide care for his best friend who's wheel chair bound.

His friends parents are high risk and aren't able to go out and get the things he requires which they would usually be able to, because they need to isolate.
Without him going to live with him it's leaving our friend without the likes of his medication, food and getting around the house day to day.
I’m really glad for you that you see it that way but I think he should’ve put his family first -
Sorry

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
Someone I woek with has tested positive🤐 haven’t been in the office for 10 days but now we’re all worried that we could be carrying the virus and could have been for the last 10 days whilst still seeing other people etc. Now I’m not sure what to do😭
same situation for me. We’ve now been spaced out in the office with several desks between us. It’s my last day before working from home for the foreseeable with the schools closing but it’s scary thinking that we’ve been exposed to it 😭