Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

grumpycat

VIP Member
I mean.. you’re in a much more fortunate position that a lot of people. Full pay. That means no worries about where your moneys coming from? If he’s vulnerable then that’s for the best no? Not like he’s losing wages either...
very fortunate. 12-14weeks wages is a lot for a business to sustain. sounds like he has great employers tbh

Reactions: 29

Youbelter!

On my local Facebook group there is a post asking if her wedding should go ahead this Saturday. There are about 40 replies. Only two say NO. The rest say don’t let this ruin your special day. One of the two replies saying no is from a lady in France saying please listen to the advice and self isolate. You have the chance to lessen what is happening here. The other is from a local lady saying you’re going to put lives in danger and more people on ventilators. None of them give a shit. I have massive sympathy for those having to cancel weddings, it’s truly awful. Buy my goodness lives will be lost. Why don’t people care? There are two comments saying my wedding is this weekend I’m not cancelling and one next week saying I’m not letting this ruin my special day. Huge gatherings when we are told not to. Am I being unreasonable? Please say if I am. I just don’t understand 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
  • Angry

Dannie

Chatty Member
Same here at the moment, restricted numbers, only close family and friends and extra hygiene measures in place.
I think going forward things might change 🙁
my mum died last Thursday ( not from the virus) we have been told the same. This is in South Wales. To be honest we are expecting the funeral to be cancelled. My mum is laying in a morgue and none of us know if we will be able to lay her to rest In two weeks time.

• Sad

hrh89

VIP Member
My husband (a type 2 diabetic) has been sent home from work on full pay for 12 weeks, and if this isn't sorted by then he's off for a further 14 weeks on full pay, bloody stupid he's not ill !! Government guidelines
I mean.. you’re in a much more fortunate position that a lot of people. Full pay. That means no worries about where your moneys coming from? If he’s vulnerable then that’s for the best no? Not like he’s losing wages either...

Reactions: 27

SamBamford

My mother in law, over 80 with a range of illnesses has emailed her local Tesco to tell them she is coming next Tuesday at around 10.30-11.00, will require the electric wheelchair and to make sure they are well stocked up. She has shopped there for many years and it was disgustingly empty when she visited this week and had to go to Sainsbury's, most inconvenient. Most days she doesn't bother getting dressed if she has no appointments but suddenly she has a spurt of energy and wants to go out. And I am not even making this up.

• Haha
  • Wow

RDay

Chatty Member
I can't cope with this
Having a major panic attack
We have food for 1 day
Husband not working
We are going to loose everything
I never in my lifetime thought I would experience something like this 😓

• Sad

Puddlesandpuddings

I despair at the amount of thoughtless selfish people in this country!!! Shops introduce a 3 per item limit and you know full well there will be people working the system!
One man yesterday came in three different times to shop till he was stopped and spoken to! A number of couples who shopped separately so they could get three of everything! And despite tannoy announcements every 15 minutes explaining the 3 per product rule and the CEO on radio every half hour, still people arguing and calling us stupid !
Few checkout girls in tears and a lot of arguing.
I know everyone us scared and worried but there's no need to be dicks!!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 26

Daire

Literally just noticed the date and realised it’s my birthday on Saturday.

Shows how much I’ve had on my mind. Didn’t have any plans ... but I’m still going to blame the virus for ruining my hypothetical birthday plans anyway. 😂
Just remember when they sing Happy Birthday to you, don't go on autopilot and grab the soap :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 25

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I feel so bad for retail workers. They’re all working overtime, having to rapidly train new staff, and deal with shitty customers, all for minimum wage or thereabouts. I hope they get something extra for the work they’re doing? The ones in my local supermarket look so stressed

• Sad
  • Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
We really are such privileged fuckers aren’t we.
I used to love when my grandad told stories of life after the war, it was like fiction, queuing for petrol, getting the broken biscuits from the Jacobs factory because a staff member lives on the same road and shared them out (I obviously focused on priorities)
feeding the neighbours kids because you had extra that week.

We’re a long way off that but it must be so weird seeing those in their 90’s watching this happen.

I keep needing to remind myself to STOP stressing about the smallest things and remember there are people who won’t get to say goodbye to their parents or family members, or who won’t be able to feed their kids in a weeks time because they’ve lost their jobs.

and I need to keep reminding myself to get off line or go read other threads here 😐
I might come out of this physically, but i don’t want to be a mess mentally when we do.

Daily reminder,
look after your 3 ply and your head 👍
Go outside, wash your hands, go check what Rebecca lamb is having for lunch 🤷‍♀️ Or what’s happening with Megan and Harry 😂🤣

just pull yourself back from the edge 👍🤪

also, while I’m being a condescending twat.
“Lockdown” does not mean you’re stripped of your rights and your Netflix subscription 😣
its done to make sure the right people are able to access the right resources and get to the right places at the right time without hysteria!!
180 people looking to go to Asda isn’t safe, it’s a short term solution to help everyone, not lock them away for months on end.
Fuck Brenda and her insider information and wait until we’re all told what will happen, Brenda probably eats cat food and talks to her pet fish in between posting Facebook updates about her “son” in the army.
Her son is bubbles the goldfish. 😐 Bubbles is dead. Bubbles is a baby carrot.
This was longer than I expected....

Last edited:
  • Haha

WilmaHun

VIP Member
I was walking around Asda last night with my partner, we only went in for Mother's Day cards but decided to have a look at the carnage on the shelves anyway. I actually had tears in my eyes seeing elderly men and women pushing trolleys round with barely enough to make one meal. I could see they were just picking up whatever they could get, pot noodles, mug shots etc. Kind of like "that will have to do". It's so sad. These people have worked hard all their lives, and now they're being left with nothing to feed themselves with :(

• Sad

Custard cream

I know this is going to sound totally selfish but I work in health and social care in a hospital. I’m not a nurse and I’m my opinion my job isn’t strictly “essential” especially in these times. However I do have daily contact with patients and other staff who are involved in looking after patients with the virus. I really do not want to go to work anymore. I have 4 young kids at home ranging from 8 to 1 and my partner has an underlying condition that would put him at higher risk if he contracted the virus. If I brought it home to them I would never forgive myself. I don’t have anywhere else to stay to keep away from them (our families live in another country) and also do not want to live away from my children nd partner for an indefinite period of time. I feel physically sick at the thought of going to work, I actually sat in the car and cried before going in to work today. At the same time I see how other people (not just health care but supermarket workers, delivery drivers etc) are being so courageous and brave and going to work day after day and I feel so guilty for just wanting to isolate at home and keep safe. I feel like I’m bordering on a total breakdown, I have honestly never felt so stressed or conflicted in my life. Not really sure what the point of this post is, guess I just wanted to get it off my chest.

• Sad
Reactions: 24

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I don't think people fear the army. It's the fear of the unknown.
I’m confused as to why people seem shocked by it, like it’s a bad thing, which it probably is if you’re going looting in Aldi 🤷‍♀️

So what’s the purpose of the army? Sorry to be dumb. If you go out what are they doing to do? Ask where you’re going?
I assume they’re there to provide support to the hospitals and emergency services, make sure everyone and everything is calm.

Reactions: 23

Horatio

VIP Member
I just broke a month of silence following an ugly break up to wish my ex and his elderly parents all the best. No reply yet. Not sure if I did the right thing but ultimately, a global pandemic sure puts relationship quibbles in perspective. That said, if he doesn’t reply? Fuck him.

• Heart
Reactions: 23