Coronation Street #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god, I’ve just had a flashing thought that Craig maybe involved in this investigation
😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
to criticize corrie's appalling producer and storyline writers it wouldnt surprise me if they completely forget about the HIV, or write it so the doctors find they can use his liver , by not being surprised if they did and even thinking they could do it shows how highly i rate modern corrie.

To praise the appalling producer and writers last night they got right , and proved they can do decent episodes, they are sadly one offs

going back to last night i cant stand Eileen but her scene was probably the best she has ever done ,i'm not taking the piss because it was silence, but that to me was the best thing about it , they showed Abi breaking down , then nina crying in silence and then it cut to Eileen sitting on the bench head in hands and this look of shock you only get when being told such news it was brilliant because it was a very realistic and very subtle, normally corrie would have had her wailing and collapsing on the floor and it would have been too much, yet its Eileens scene for 5 seconds that i remember the most, i dont know why but it was more upsetting for me. I dont know who the people are behind the scenes are but last nights episode felt like a brand new team putting it together.

Reactions: 9
I watched a programme on bbc2 a few weeks ago where a surgeon had developed a technique where livers that were previously considered unusable are put through a regeneration process to make them usable. If Sebs viral load is undetectable maybe they could use his liver because the liver regenerates. Obvs I am not any type of expert but surely it would be a good storyline to pursue??

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else think the attack is recorded on the voicemail Seb was leaving Abbie? It showed her phone still lit up even after he was knocked to the ground & being kicked. She only listened to the start of it last night.

Reactions: 13
Does anyone else think the attack is recorded on the voicemail Seb was leaving Abbie? It showed her phone still lit up even after he was knocked to the ground & being kicked. She only listened to the start of it last night.
100%. When Seb was on the phone to Abbey, they were chasing him shouting 'who's he on the phone to.' She will definitely listen to it down the line and hear their voice shouting on the phone!

Reactions: 8
The bit I strangely thought was most upsetting was when Abi was saying she was going to make Seb pesto pasta when he got out. Just the kind of thing I’d say. A very normal and mundane thing to say but comforting. It proper got to me!

• Sad
Reactions: 13
TBH I didn't mind Seb, there are a lot more worse characters they could get rid of.

Reactions: 12
I have a feeling Peter might end up with Sebs liver.

Oh God I'm glad you said that! I didn't want to say anything cos I was thinking her son had just died but then I realised it wasn't real life:love: But I really can't stand Abi sooooo annoying and totally overacted last night. Anyway, I've said my piece ill shut the door on my way out.
Oo good point! I hadn't thought of that.
I can't bear Abi either

I have a feeling Peter might end up with Sebs liver.

Oh God I'm glad you said that! I didn't want to say anything cos I was thinking her son had just died but then I realised it wasn't real life:love: But I really can't stand Abi sooooo annoying and totally overacted last night. Anyway, I've said my piece ill shut the door on my way out.
I wonder if it was hard for the Abi actress so soon after Leanne losing Oliver. Leanne actually did make me cry. The pressure was then on Abi to be as good if not better. I don't think she quite got it imo.

This has been exceptionally well done this week but it’s another incredibly heavy story. There’s no let up considering the country has had a very tough year and Corrie is bringing out one depressing story after another.

Reactions: 6
Ah Corrie, you are so frustrating!! This week the episodes have been brilliant. Really well written & acted - Seb being killed off was such a huge shock, props to them for keeping that under wraps. It stuck with me all night.

The problem Corrie seems to have had the last few years is pacing. They'll either drag a story on for so long that you end up not caring what happens, or they will rush it all and it seems so unrealistic.

Gutted we didn't get to see more Seb & Nina - their relationship has been lovely to watch unfold, just how amazing would it have been if we had been given at least another month to see them develop? Now the whole aftermath is going to drag on forever, can see it now.

It's not been mentioned for a few pages but Peters liver transplant is so unrealistic. I have honestly been fuming. I know its a soap and not real life but this is something I know on a personal level, my Mum passed away from alcoholism and it's serious stuff. The fact that he got on the transplant list when you have to be sober for six months (Peter was sober for less than a month) is disgusting and so irresponsible.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I watched a programme on bbc2 a few weeks ago where a surgeon had developed a technique where livers that were previously considered unusable are put through a regeneration process to make them usable. If Sebs viral load is undetectable maybe they could use his liver because the liver regenerates. Obvs I am not any type of expert but surely it would be a good storyline to pursue??
Apparently people with HIV can donate their organs as they are used for others who are also living with HIV.

I’ve just realised I *think* Kelly’s eyebrow slit is actually a scar

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I’ve just realised I *think* Kelly’s eyebrow slit is actually a scar
I honestly thought she shaved it in as part of her character🙈

Personally I liked Abi’s reaction, as much as you can ‘like’ someone being in distress. I could see myself being very similar if god forbid anything happened to my children.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if it was hard for the Abi actress so soon after Leanne losing Oliver. Leanne actually did make me cry. The pressure was then on Abi to be as good if not better. I don't think she quite got it imo.
I actually thought Sally Carmen was really good.
Unfortunately I think the character will be unbearable 🙁

Reactions: 4
I think I'm in the minority by liking Abby! Always liked the character, she makes me laugh! Hope she doesn't go off the rails now though.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.