Coronation Street #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The woman who plays Jenny has really been shining lately. She’s great actress even when she’s handed a terrible script.

Reactions: 14
The woman who plays Jenny has really been shining lately. She’s great actress even when she’s handed a terrible script.
Bringing Jenny back was one of the producers better ideas that's for sure. She's been fab especially since she became landlady of The Rovers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Bringing Jenny back was one of the producers better ideas that's for sure. She's been fab especially since she became landlady of The Rovers.
I really love Jenny as a character, plus she gives me hair envy, it's so thick and full of swishy body! Jealous!

Reactions: 11
I watch Classic Corrie and then Friday's Corrie.

Saw Rita on the last episode, saw her on the latest episode.
Jeez; I got confused!!

Thought she has aged this week, but the hairstyle has not changed or moved!!!

Reactions: 4
Thoughts
I'm really enjoying Coronation Street at the moment. It's been crap for such a long time, but it's starting to get its mojo back. I'm sad Elaine went, as I'd have liked them to explore the mother in law dynamic with Sally. Paula Wilcox is a great actress too.

Rita has aged quite a bit. The good thing about the acting industry is they can accommodate actors of all ages. She might have to have special allowances made, such as a chair on set and less moving around scenes, but I don't see why she can't continue as long as the actress wants to.

I don't really buy Sarah and Adam as a couple. I'm not sure why. Sarah and Ryan would be good together but I can't see that happening soon.

How much does Sharon go on about being a friend of Gail's but I don't think I've seen them in a scene together.

Reactions: 8
I hated the way they wrote Elaine, the actress was wasted! One minute she was all mopey, then a stupid thought shrieked out, to snidey. There was no consistency to her character at all. I low key hated all the scenes in Yasmeen's house with Kathy too.

Reactions: 12
I hated the way they wrote Elaine, the actress was wasted! One minute she was all mopey, then a stupid thought shrieked out, to snidey. There was no consistency to her character at all. I low key hated all the scenes in Yasmeen's house with Kathy too.
Characterisation is a weak point for that show. Kathy herself was a completely different character when she first appeared, she was basically a female version of Roy. They need to work out the character's personality before they introduce them and stick to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I watch Classic Corrie and then Friday's Corrie.

Saw Rita on the last episode, saw her on the latest episode.
Jeez; I got confused!!

Thought she has aged this week, but the hairstyle has not changed or moved!!!
It’s a wig and has been for years.

Reactions: 1
That was a stupid storyline. Having Cathy move in was just stupid. It achieved absolutely nothing.

At least Yasmeen is back to just her Alya and Ryan.

I'm hoping now that restrictions are lifting we'll get more natural storylines. So many of them feel like they've been forced because of the small pool of actors they use at a time.

Reactions: 3
She's gone to Bolton... We'll never see her again!
Didn't see that, what was I doing😂. Paula Wilcox was seriously underused. Brilliant in everything! She would have made a fine no nonsense rovers landlady... But maybe Elaine was too weak a character for that position

Edit... I remember... watching Springwatch 🐦🐧🦉🦆🦅

Reactions: 2
Sorry off topic and it may be an unpopular opinion but who watches that rubbish the masked dancer

Loving jenny being a detective though

• Haha
Reactions: 3
how long has sam been "kidnapped" where are the police, where are the crowds of people in a vigil or looking for him , its like no one is bothered :D

Rita is too pissed to see through sharon , all that vodka has ruined her brain

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.