Coronation Street #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, the actress was in the Daily Mail about a month ago for returning to filming scemes after a break. She should be appearing within the next few weeks.
There’s so many that need to go. Clear the dead wood. She’s one of them in my opinion

Reactions: 11
I don't think Sally Carmen gave a particularly strong performance with Seb's death scenes. I felt like I was watching someone portraying a grief stricken family member, rather than watching a genuine grief stricken family member.
Agree. It didn't help when her frozen face didn't move despite the anguished weeping and wailing, too much botox

Reactions: 3
I really hope they surprise us and Corey and Kelly find themselves arrested by the end of the week. I can dream.

Reactions: 8
I have to really think because I’ve stopped watching current Corrie (dipped into it last week to watch the hate crime story).

Sean, Eileen, Gemma, Alina, Paul, the Vicar, the whole family in Emily’s house, Corey, Simon, Brian, Cathy, Maria, Shona

Reactions: 4
Her, Brian Packham 🤢, Cathy Matthews, Mary Taylor (sorry not sorry) & Johnny Connor (terrible actor).
I don’t actually mind Kathy and Brian they have potential to be a bit of much needed comedy in Corrie but the writers won’t allow it.Johnny Connor actor is good loved him in Love Actually but since the Aiden story he’s become another boring unnecessary character

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I don’t actually mind Kathy and Brian they have potential to be a bit of much needed comedy in Corrie but the writers won’t allow it.Johnny Connor actor is good loved him in Love Actually but since the Aiden story he’s become another boring unnecessary character
Interesting opinion. I think Coronation Street comedy scenes are overrated and have been since around 2006-7. They try too hard and this is apparent in the script, in my opinion. In contrast, I think EastEnders does comedy brilliantly at the moment.

The actor who plays Johnny (Richard something?) doesn't do it for me. He is very hammy and his facial expressions are often blank. I was wondering the other day how he managed to bag roles in such high calibre shows such as Prime Suspect and Love Actually. What was that other thing he was in, was it Dangerfield?

Interesting opinion. I think Coronation Street comedy scenes are overrated and have been since around 2006-7. They try too hard and this is apparent in the script, in my opinion. In contrast, I think EastEnders does comedy brilliantly at the moment.

The actor who plays Johnny (Richard something?) doesn't do it for me. He is very hammy and his facial expressions are often blank. I was wondering the other day how he managed to bag roles in such high calibre shows such as Prime Suspect and Love Actually. What was that other thing he was in, was it Dangerfield?
He is Richard Hawley. This is some of the things he has been in - regular roles in D.C.I. Banks, Steel River Blues, Woof!, Castles, Peak Practice, Auf Wiedersehen Pet, The Tide of Life, and guest appearances in Agatha Christie's Poirot, Casualty, Heartbeat, Kavanagh QC, Dangerfield, Grange Hill, Drop The Dead Donkey, Minder, and Wycliffe.

I remember him in Family Affairs.

Reactions: 2
He is Richard Hawley. This is some of the things he has been in - regular roles in D.C.I. Banks, Steel River Blues, Woof!, Castles, Peak Practice, Auf Wiedersehen Pet, The Tide of Life, and guest appearances in Agatha Christie's Poirot, Casualty, Heartbeat, Kavanagh QC, Dangerfield, Grange Hill, Drop The Dead Donkey, Minder, and Wycliffe.
Oh yes, Wycliffe, I knew I'd seen him somewhere. Steel River Blues was a good show, I remember watching that with my mum.

Reactions: 1
Love actually the film? Who is he in that?

Reactions: 1
I had a break from Corrie for a few years and only just realised... where Emily?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have to really think because I’ve stopped watching current Corrie (dipped into it last week to watch the hate crime story).

Sean, Eileen, Gemma, Alina, Paul, the Vicar, the whole family in Emily’s house, Corey, Simon, Brian, Cathy, Maria, Shona
Add Sarah to that list. She's awful

Corey does play a good villain, i seem to remember the gang that killed Rhys Jones there was one of them that was the shooter that got his family to lie for him so the aftermath is quite realistic

Corey does play a good villain, i seem to remember the gang that killed Rhys Jones there was one of them that was the shooter that got his family to lie for him so the aftermath is quite realistic
Yes, he's a good actor. The script wasn't the best though, when she said to him "we are in so much trouble". You killed someone and severely injured his girlfriend. You didn't smash someone's window playing football. 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.