Coronation Street #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope Tracy caves Aaron's head in with one of Deirdre's jelly moulds

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think Abbie will kick his arse out the house and sack him when she finds out it’s Amy

Reactions: 2
Sad that Corrie have to highlight how bleeping useless the CPS (and a lot of the time the police) are when it comes to rape victims.
I was dumbfounded when they brought up the 12 month old messages. As if having had sex before means that it can’t be rape. It’s just so wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sad that Corrie have to highlight how bleeping useless the CPS (and a lot of the time the police) are when it comes to rape victims.
And victims of stalking….
I haven’t watched tonight’s episode but I was so deeply sad when Amy reported it. The way she knew it would be turned around on her and already had to get defensive which then makes you feel like what you are saying is making you look guilty 😢😢 bleeping awful. So many people don’t even bother reporting some crimes because you know how it will go and how you will be made to feel.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Ok fair play that Summer believed her right away, thought it’d be insufferable with her against her

I was dumbfounded when they brought up the 12 month old messages. As if having had sex before means that it can’t be rape. It’s just so wrong.
We’ve just watched the documentary about the black taxi rapist, more proof that the police can be totally useless and incompetent regarding rape cases, the guy raped 105 women over 6 years, it’s on demand on Channel 5.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm a women and obviously I get it but they do have to be careful, don't know if you heard of the trend of men filming it all so they could have proof of consent etc... It's a really iffy subject. I've been in Amy's situation and I didn't consider it r*pe (I'm older, 29); I'm glad attitudes are changing but I'm still not sure how I would ever have been able to prove it. Obviously how we saw it, it was disgusting and no doubt, but if they weren't there how would they know? It really then is coming down to she-says-he-says. Not defending Aaron of course, just speaking aloud (or aword 😅)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
It's because to will be brought up by the defendants. It sounds horrendous but the police/cps have to anticipate what will be thrown at them. It is atrocious but because in criminal court it has to be proved beyond reasonable doubt the CPS have to work out if they stand a good chance of conviction. In a clear case of he said/she said it's a tough decision. We only know because we saw what actually happened.

There was a brilliant program called Consent ages ago with Daniel Mays that had a similar scenario and the viewer followed the trial and made their own decision as if they were on the jury... then the programme showed what happened and whether you were right or not. It was very well done. I was wrong.

Reactions: 8
I do stand by that they should have involved SARCs. Amy could have self referred and not involved police at that time if she wasn’t ready (they keep the samples for 3 years). Plus it would highlight other stuff like yes the earlier you go the better but how they can detect sperm in the vagina 7 days later. I know it doesn’t stop the consent side of things but just explaining/highlighting where people can go then for support talking to ISVA not ‘there’s people you can talk to’.

Reactions: 6
I'm a women and obviously I get it but they do have to be careful, don't know if you heard of the trend of men filming it all so they could have proof of consent etc... It's a really iffy subject. I've been in Amy's situation and I didn't consider it r*pe (I'm older, 29); I'm glad attitudes are changing but I'm still not sure how I would ever have been able to prove it. Obviously how we saw it, it was disgusting and no doubt, but if they weren't there how would they know? It really then is coming down to she-says-he-says. Not defending Aaron of course, just speaking aloud (or aword 😅)
I know what you mean and I completely agree. I once got with a man on a night out, we were getting on well, we went back to my hotel room and had consensual sex. The next morning I was asleep and I woke up to him f***ing me. I was 29 and he was 42. So he should know better really. Bit weird. If I was awake and he’d asked or tried it on I would have said yes. But what do you do 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sorry to derail 🤣 back to Corrie!
Does anyone else think Abi and Aaron will get it on, while Kev is away? Or Aaron will try it on with her?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Ah no, your stories are so sad. This is not consensual sex and shouldn’t be justified 🙈
---
The next morning I was asleep and I woke up to him f***ing me. I was 29 and he was 42. So he should know better really.
Should have known better? He knew exactly what he was doing. Everything about this is so wrong.

Sorry, I know I go on a bit and derail but it is so important we recognise this isn’t normal, this isn’t consensual and this isn’t what having sex should look like but I guess that’s the point of this storyline. Not sure where they’re going to take it now though

Reactions: 11
Ah no, your stories are so sad. This is not consensual sex and shouldn’t be justified 🙈
It sounds such a cop out to say it was different times but ... I'm in my mid 50's and there were a lot of drunken liaisons that went on where the female would think 'I was so drunk, what was I thinking' but it was the way it was. Drunken liaisons. I think that's why you find so many older people saying about a female having accountability for her actions. I also know a lot of men my age who probably would be horrified about they behaved in their 20's now.

Thankfully men and woman are much more aware of what is consent and what isn't ... it's not perfect but it's a vast improvement.

---

Should have known better? He knew exactly what he was doing. Everything about this is so wrong.

Sorry, I know I go on a bit and derail but it is so important we recognise this isn’t normal, this isn’t consensual and this isn’t what having sex should look like but I guess that’s the point of this storyline. Not sure where they’re going to take it now though
*Edit: This incident happened last year*

Thank you! 😌 I agree it definitely wasn’t consensual the second time 🙁 However the first time was and I probably would have consented if I was awake for the second time. I did go along with it when I woke up and realised what was happening although I was very shocked and still a bit drunk/hungover and I didn’t know what to say or do.
Back to Amy - there’s so many grey areas in this situation! (Not just on Corrie but in general too) Lack of evidence, consented previously, and you ‘often have sex drunk’ like the police woman said, it always goes in the men’s favour!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I suppose the fact we are discussing it and sharing experiences is what Corrie intended so, job done.

Reactions: 18
I know what you mean and I completely agree. I once got with a man on a night out, we were getting on well, we went back to my hotel room and had consensual sex. The next morning I was asleep and I woke up to him f***ing me. I was 29 and he was 42. So he should know better really. But weird. If I was awake and he’d asked or tried it on I would have said yes. But what do you do 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sorry to derail 🤣 back to Corrie!
Does anyone else think Abi and Aaron will get it on, while Kev is away? Or Aaron will try it on with her?
I suppose the fact we are discussing it and sharing experiences is what Corrie intended so, job done.
100%! It has been what’s got me thinking more about it. I’m sure it will have had the same affect on many other women too!

Reactions: 4
Given my (and others ❤) experience I think it would have been better handled with Amy confronting Aaron about consent and him admitting his fault etc and maybe them starting a campaign about consent rather than this dead-end police report that will end nowhere and potentially discourage people.

I actually had a conversation with one of my 'rapists' about all this and they genuinely seemed to learn and I was happy and had closure with that outcome.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
100%! It has been what’s got me thinking more about it. I’m sure it will have had the same affect on many other women too!
Absolutely. I'm sure there will be a lot of men also thinking about how they have behaved previously.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.