Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tend to have my bedroom window opening all weathers, If I don't I end up with sinus pain anyway just to say I've been woke at night with what sounds like a baby on checking security camera footage its been a roaming cat doing the howling
I agree, I also sleep with my window open all weathers due to sinus problems! So many people think I’m weird! 😂

Reactions: 7
She's filling up a plastic bottle with fuel and the person working authorised the pump whaaat?

• Wow
Reactions: 27
I thought the same re pump but then I thought petrol canisters are only large plastic containers so maybe any plastic container is fine?

Reactions: 5
I thought the same re pump but then I thought petrol canisters are only large plastic containers so maybe any plastic container is fine?
They're different types of plastic. A jerrycan is much thicker than a plastic bottle. The petrol could eat through a thin bottle.

I was wondering why the cashier sold it to her but maybe they didn't see the container, didn't know it wasn't safe or just weren't bothered getting into a conversation with someone obviously behaving very strangely.

Reactions: 16
They're different types of plastic. A jerrycan is much thicker than a plastic bottle. The petrol could eat through a thin bottle.

I was wondering why the cashier sold it to her but maybe they didn't see the container, didn't know it wasn't safe or just weren't bothered getting into a conversation with someone obviously behaving very strangely.
It is strange, they're usually hot on things like this 1, because of the sheer stupidity of some people and 2, the amount of people who chose to "drive off" with out paying., obviously shes not in a car but even so.
They're usually straight on the intercom if they so much as see you with a phone let alone looking as suspicious as this with a plastic bottle 😱
I had a Saturday job in a petrol station when a I was 17/18 many moond ago now, it was horrible, the number of people who would get out of thier cars smoking a cigarette 😱 almost gave me a heart attack. And the awful boss used to try and force us to pay out of our pockets for any money lost to people filling up and driving off without paying. For that alone I used to be ridiculously cautious and diligent when authorising a pump.

Reactions: 19
It was originally reported to be a glass bottle that she filled with petrol. (Not that that’s any better!)

Reactions: 8
As bizarre as the petrol incident is, there are petrol fuelled stoves for camper vans etc that they’d be used to seeing people only buy tiny amounts of petrol for, and maybe even in silly/inappropriate bottles. You’d never imagine someone was attempting a DIY cremation of a baby.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I wonder if that’s the same petrol station visit where we saw MG walking with a stick and a limp early on in the investigation. I think they were walking over the road from a petrol station when it was dark. She could easily have gone in while he was out of sight.

Reactions: 1
She said the baby died on 9 January, yes. But aren't the prosecution alleging it happened later? Or have I got that wrong?
The prosecution and defence dispute the date of death, the prosecution think it happened later caused by camping in freezing temperatures the defence are using the petrol purchase to try to prove it happened earlier.

Would there be any other reason they might have needed petrol? For a campfire or barbecue? The idea of buying petrol for a DIY cremation is horrible would it not have been better just to bury her in the woods.

Reactions: 11
The prosecution and defence dispute the date of death, the prosecution think it happened later caused by camping in freezing temperatures the defence are using the petrol purchase to try to prove it happened earlier.

Would there be any other reason they might have needed petrol? For a campfire or barbecue? The idea of buying petrol for a DIY cremation is horrible would it not have been better just to bury her in the woods.
The ground would’ve been frozen and so hard, it would be really difficult to dig effectively enough, I think. The thought of cremating your own child out in the wild is horrific, but none of us rational people would have done anything that they did, we don’t know what was going on in their heads at the time.

Reactions: 10
Ms Hidden heard constant baby cries as she had her window open at night. She thought it odd as there was a storm. Why would you have your bedroom window open during a storm??
Do you not ventilate ur house?

Reactions: 6
Yep, there’s a few types of outdoor stoves that use petrol and they are better than the gas bottle alternatives anyway, plus for them it’s probably more accessible to get petrol than get an Amazon delivery or down to Halfords for gas bottles?

If they’re found to have had access to such a stove at any point could be used to argue that the petrol pickup date is a bit of a red herring - it’s something they’d need to do regardless of cremation plans/date of death.

Reactions: 5
I was thinking about the poor planning/ timing around the baby's birth. I completely agree with one of the posts above saying that CM wouldn't leave the country without MG. They are clearly very closely linked/ trauma bonded and so I'm sure she wouldn't have gone without him.
The other thing that occurred to me was as she'd had (I think) absolutely no medical contact prior to the birth, would she even definitely have known how many weeks she was. Their previously chaotic lives doesn't suggest to me that she was tracking her ovulation or doing pregnancy tests constantly. So she might not have been entirely certain when the baby was due (maybe within a month or so). I had pretty minimal medical involvement during both my pregnancies but still I can't imagine never seeing a doctor or midwife or not having a scan of any kind.

Reactions: 21
I was thinking about the poor planning/ timing around the baby's birth. I completely agree with one of the posts above saying that CM wouldn't leave the country without MG. They are clearly very closely linked/ trauma bonded and so I'm sure she wouldn't have gone without him.
The other thing that occurred to me was as she'd had (I think) absolutely no medical contact prior to the birth, would she even definitely have known how many weeks she was. Their previously chaotic lives doesn't suggest to me that she was tracking her ovulation or doing pregnancy tests constantly. So she might not have been entirely certain when the baby was due (maybe within a month or so). I had pretty minimal medical involvement during both my pregnancies but still I can't imagine never seeing a doctor or midwife or not having a scan of any kind.
In all fairness, this was her 5th baby. She would have had some indication as to when the baby was due. Also i’m sure the labour would have been pretty quick after 5 natural births.

Reactions: 16
She probably didn't know actually when she was due, that's a good point.

If MG couldn't leave the country, then they would have had a bring the baby up off grid for her whole childhood.

When they were camping how did they get food? If they had gone to a supermarket or petrol station they would have been seen on CCTV.

It will be interesting to hear CM and MG story

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.