Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really think this is all they’ve got. No one can possibly argue that the death wasn’t a result of the situation that CM and MG created.
Agreed- I suspect all they’ll do (and to be fair- all they have to do) is test the prosecutions evidence.

witnesses testifying they were good parents etc is a waste of time. It wouldn’t get them anywhere and I’m not sure it would even be relevant enough to be allowed

Reactions: 4
I suppose anyone can claim to be innocent even when the evidence they are guilty is overwhelming. Then you have to go through procedure and have a jury and a defence barrister trying to defend an obviously guilty person. I mean the part when the defence lawyer said CM and MG didn't deliberately hide Victoria's body and wanted a postmortem was laughable.

Reactions: 5
I don’t know.. carrying a newborn around in a single bodysuit in freezing cold in a bag for life.. feels pretty evil to me.

Reactions: 12
I don’t know.. carrying a newborn around in a single bodysuit in freezing cold in a bag for life.. feels pretty evil to me.
She was educated up to university degree level so no one can argue that she's slow on the uptake.
---

Reactions: 10
People can scoff at the word all they like but I’m not sure what’s to be gained by utterly rewriting definitions of love, care, evil or cruelty. I don’t know what purpose it serves to victims, who are the people that matter.
Of course people are not inherently diagnosable “evil”, they’re the product of nature and nurture and there are all sorts of neurological disorders that can make people more predisposed to committing harmful acts. The armchair psychology is not for me as far as these two are concerned, it doesn’t add anything imo. We all know what is meant when the word evil is used in the context of a baby being left to rot by their own parents- the judge might even use the same language, we’ll see!

Plenty of people however do commit acts of unspeakable cruelty and as a social worker has already pointed out, plenty of people do not have love for their children and only possess them or use them for their own needs. If I were to make my children stand outside now through the night in just their pyjamas, whilst they cried, whilst I could see they were pale and cold, whilst I knew there was absolutely a way to make them better, warm and feel content - imo that is an act of abject cruelty and evil yes. To do it to the point they die? Yes more so again. They were neglectful to the point of abuse and had 4 kids taken off them, we will probably never know the exact reasons why but they will have been fairly extreme. I taught lots of children that had less than perfect home lives but only one that was removed fully from parents and the reasons were vile, extreme and utterly cruel and neglectful. Locked alone for days, forced to smoke (4 years old) lots of truly awful stuff. Total cruelty. Again, it’s just an easy way to look down on people that are more inclined to say negative things about these two rather than offer reasons or interpretations as to why or how they became serial child abusers. Which is what they are.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
To me MG is a rapist. I know in the eyes of the law he’s paid his price but in my eyes he’s never anything else. This would be how I’d view anyone in my real life too. A rapist can’t change to me it’s inside them, it’s who they are.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.