Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s making The Argus look stupid. And it’s not just one person - three have done different days so far and they’re all the same!
I wonder if they’re afraid of reporting things that aren’t allowed, or if they really don’t understand that people want the detail.

Reactions: 12
We are back !
the last witness saw them 16th-27 between the Hours of 1030 and 1430.
Thats not really narrowing down a timescale and we haven’t heard what she saw apart from a couple

Reactions: 11
The witness says they came out of the bushes.

The witness that also snuck (her word) away from ramblers.

Why was everyone sneaking places? Also can’t help but laugh that the witness is called Ms Hidden.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Ms Hidden heard constant baby cries as she had her window open at night. She thought it odd as there was a storm. Why would you have your bedroom window open during a storm??

Reactions: 11
Ms Hidden heard constant baby cries as she had her window open at night. She thought it odd as there was a storm. Why would you have your bedroom window open during a storm??
I tend to have my bedroom window opening all weathers, If I don't I end up with sinus pain anyway just to say I've been woke at night with what sounds like a baby on checking security camera footage its been a roaming cat doing the howling

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Wonder if she’s the person who left a note with flowers saying she wishes she’d paid attention to the cries…

ETA here it is https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/23359334.constance-marten-tribute-baby-suggests-cries-heard/
Aww, that note made cry. Feel so sorry for the witnesses in this case. It is a normal reaction to blame yourself when a child is hurt or dies and you realise that if you had done something different you may have prevented that. It's not the witnesses fault but I wonder how CM and MG feel about Victoria's death and if they have regrets. I wonder if they will make a statement of regret later if they don't take the stand.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
The reporting seems a little bit more detailed today
---
Hmm. I’m sceptical.

You go and root through public bins but you don’t report what you saw until days later? If you want to assist the police, you don’t potentially disturb a crime scene.

Also the babes in the wood…

IMG_7772.jpeg
IMG_7771.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
I cant with the live reporting. I'm gonna wait for the podcast to update.
Why are CM and MG arriving at court with bundles of documents? Do they think it makes them look efficient. Is it a trial bundle they are following. I'd have assumed trial bundles aren't in paper format anymore??

Reactions: 16
I tend to have my bedroom window opening all weathers, If I don't I end up with sinus pain anyway just to say I've been woke at night with what sounds like a baby on checking security camera footage its been a roaming cat doing the howling
Same. I will concede and close it (but leave it on night vent) if it gets below -5. I also had to close it during storm Isha as I was pretty convinced I'd lose the frame if I didn't. I once thought I could hear a woman screaming and peeped out of the curtains in case I had to ring the police and report an attack. Turned out to be some foxes mating. Noisy bastards.
As for the coverage ...
A lot of reporters are pretty junior now on local titles and may not be confident on reporting on going cases the way a morre experienced reporter is. Ellie Crabbe only qualified a couple of years ago. As did Patrick Barlow. They just wont have the skills of a reporter with 10 years experience and will find it hard to turn around copy quickly. Especially if having to update it live. But they will work illegally long hours for £24k pa which older journos won't. Local news is dying and nobody can work out how to make it pay. Mr Itchy covered a lot of high profile cases for local news which was syndicated to National titles. He did 17 years until he found himself on the scrap heap for being too expensive and not prepared to file copy about Loose Women in between breaks on a murder trial.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Social media has got a lot to answer for. We're too instant now. People would rather read a few headlines quickly than wait for a thoughtful well written news report.
Same with emails and letters. Clients used to send letters and wait 7 days for a response. Now it's emails with a couple of hours turnaround time. Doesn't give you time to give thoughtful advice.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Thread opening well done, very concise @InTheDollsHouse.

Couple of points on my mind not really related to the court case.

Firstly of all the things that they did so foolishly, the one thing I absolutely cannot get my head around is, why on earth did CM not leave the country when she had the chance? She had a passport, money, and access to a guarantee ongoing income. Seriously who in that position wouldn't leave while it was easy. She was pregnant but even if port authorities could see they wouldn't be able to stop her as there were no court orders on her. As for Gordon, surely with all her cash he could have secured dodgy documentation fron somewhere and even followed later. I mean in her position if I was gonna do what she was thinking of doing, too right I'd be outta there before anyone had a chance to stop me. Even if the car didn't set on fire and she lost her passport, how's she getting an unregistered newborn out through passport control, yet they went to Liverpool and Harwich after she was born, it doesn't make any sense at all. Unless they weren't going to leave the country until they were 'wanted' but still how they gonna live their lives in this country with a whole child who officially doesn't exist, it's truly bizarre.
Secondly I do think with hindsight (yes I know it's a wonderful thing) the handling of this case by police and media alike was a little gung ho. They were made like frightened rabbits with nowhere to hide which sadly led to them making the absolute foolish and utterly tragic choices that they did. Not to vindicate them of any blame as the responsibility for the decisions is all theirs but perhaps if the police had kept their cards a bit closer to their chests, put traces on the bank accounts, alerts to ports, hospitals etc they could maybe have tracked them with more intelligent surveillance and maybe that baby might have had a chance. I'm sure many will disagree but I don't think the media circus was or is the right way to go when it involves someone so vulnerable, as the baby.
Your second point is logical, but they have form for sleeping in tents with their previous child when there was no national manhunt so I can't agree with that. IMO it was warranted because their child's life was already at risk.

Reactions: 14
Not sure that Ms Hidden's comments are particularly significant. I'm sure Ms Crinnion will run rings around this lady's potential evidence.

Reactions: 6
Why would she fill up a bottle of petrol BEFORE the baby died? That makes no sense. Unless she felt the baby was dying and was planning ahead, which is even more abhorrent.

• Sad
Why would she fill up a bottle of petrol BEFORE the baby died? That makes no sense. Unless she felt the baby was dying and was planning ahead, which is even more abhorrent.
She didn’t, the DM have got that wrong.

She said the baby died on 9th January. The petrol was 12th.

(unless anything’s been said in court to change the date of death)

Reactions: 6
She said the baby died on 9 January, yes. But aren't the prosecution alleging it happened later? Or have I got that wrong?

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.