Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Haveyouanywool

VIP Member
That’s the big question for me - what was the need, who were they contacting.
Yes, you can hail taxis, walk into taxi offices. Walk into hotels or b&bs with cash, as they seem to have done. Not sure about AirB&Bs.
There are even still some public phone boxes around.
Considering everyone thinks they are so paranoid, why would they absolutely need a phone?

Reactions: 3

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I'd wondered what was happening in this case.

I'd imagine that the post mortem results won't be revealed under after any legal proceedings have ended? It usually all then comes out post trial and conviction.

superhanscrack

Yes, I think a lot of people who are drawn to home education (apart from those with SEN kids who simply can’t find a school to meet their needs) are those who are drawn to the alternative side of parenting - the hippy types who pride themselves on being “crunchy”. Crunchies are suspicious of giving birth in hospitals, vaccines, mainstream medicine generally. They love cloth nappies, wearing their babies in slings, breastfeed for years and years etc.

I know of someone like this. She breastfed her kid until the age of 6 and wore them in a sling for just as long. The child has never attended school and must be about 13 now!

I don’t think Constance was one of these mothers, but like you say there’s a lot of similarities when it comes to that “off grid” mindset and not wanting to engage with authorities.
Sorry if this is off topic but always been interested in this from a sociological point of view, very scary statistics on home schooling

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
That has just blown my mind. I have never been on a case where the jury have been sworn in 7 days before commencement. Madness! Why have they done that?? It makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe things have changed and this is a new practice 🤷‍♀️ will check with my mates. It’s just that when I was a lass all this was fields the idea was to get the jury sworn in just as you’re about to get going so there’s no chance of them seeing any reporting or have the chance to Google. A weeks a long time not to Google it’s just leaving thing open for jurors. Plus the other worry is that now they are known to all the people in the courtroom, they can be followed and offered £/ threatened etc.

Never get sick of you ITDH, just got back from salsa 💃🏻 so catching up. It’s a long trial that, but when there’s 2 or more defendants you have 2 lots of blathering and cross (we do like to blather). With that said I guess they’ve not agreed on anything. So they are going to be going through every single bit of evidence and looking to dispute it. Usually before trial there’s lots of stuff you agree, like the fingerprints are your clients so you don’t need a fingerprints expert to come in to explain the patterns and you don’t need an expert for defence to dispute that expert. I guess they may be disputing CCTV footage & there will be lots because these 2 were running around the country. Loads of police statements too because forces from north and south were involved. Plus if they start with the details of previous babies and why they were on the run then there’s gonna be lots of folk from social services.

Actually there’s gonna be a lot of cctv & verbal testimony and then cross so yeah seems about right now I think about it!
Up there for thinking down there for dancing 💃🏻 obvs for my dancing shoes on still!
Ooh salsa 💃🏼
The most energetic thing I’ve done today was the school run slow walk.

• Haha

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
So PCMH (where they should have been arraigned) was due to be on 22/9 and the mention for Mark to bin off his solicitor was 14/9. The application to dismiss hearing is 12/10 - that’s a piece of luck eh? 😏

So marks solicitor was Kevin Light founding partner of Bishop and Light - must keep an eye on the Bishop and Light team

@Dogmuck have you seen anything further on MG’s new solicitor?

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
This is what Im thinking, that there was possibility she couldn't access her money for whatever reason. Was it confirmed by police that she definitly was withdrawing large sums of money prior to going on the run?
The police said she likely had around £15k cash when she first disappeared. But how long did it take her to get that? Say 3 months from finding out she’s pregnant and realising she wanted to flee?

Is it similar to his photo shared from the US prison info?
This is the only photo he has of “him” on that profile. I just think the man looks younger than he’d have been, bearing in mind he’d have been in his 50s in 2020? And he has grey in his facial hair now, so he would surely have had a bit of grey in those locs two years ago? Admittedly it’s really difficult to tell because afaics only two confirmed photos exist of him that are used in the press and one of them is him at 14!

This profile gives big catfish vibes whoever it is.

D7899258-CD22-431D-BB02-BCA07C43DE72.jpeg