Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Dogmuck it wasn’t you 🙂
And I think I was trying (badly, clumsily) to say MH could be used as mitigation.

Your post wasn’t boring!

So if they get guilty on GNM do you think 6 years sentence max? Would other guilty charges likely run concurrently?
I was only pulling your leg ITDH 🥰 I know you know how it works.. Just supporting you with my waffle.

I can definitely see 6 years maximum being a thing if they play their cards right eg MH mitigates and old lazy boy doesn’t play up in the court room. Their history may go for them rather than against them.

Have a look at those two cases. kaylea Titford and…let me find it…Philip Burdett
but here’s the basics of this case

look how short the sentences are in both cases.
In both these cases the vulnerable victims were know and could be given characteristics, people could give testimony about them, sadly baby V can’t. Nobody can stand up for her and say, ahhh she was a great dancer she had her whole life ahead of her. They can talk about a newborn. This then can’t really show months of neglect or struggle. Dya get me? What I mean is her life was short and so the neglect was short, it wasn’t months or years as is normally the case. The prosecution can’t detail months of neglect with bruising, bedsores, broken bones etc. they had bags of nappies for her…they covered her in them sad 😔 . What I mean is neglect usually really shows itself and that tells the story. This is going to be a hard grind if signs of neglect aren’t evident to the jury. God I’m boring myself now. Soz x

ETA Kaylea’s case form BBC if you go down to the bottom (related content) you’ll see all the articles from charges to sentence

Also worth noting that Kaylea’s dads barrister blamed social services and I think that we will find the defence doing this in Martens & Gordon’s case

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I don’t know how more grossly negligent you can be than to allow a baby, who clearly lived for some time, to die without getting help.
The poor mother who recently abandoned her newborn baby at least had the decency and concern to leave her in a busy place where she would be found. Unlike this pair.
I don’t think a jury will take kindly to a toff and her rapist boyfriend allowing their baby to die when being urged by the whole nation to hand themselves in.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I have a strong feeling there's a lot we don't know about this (yet). Like why they ran, why they were on the radar in the first place (probably previous ss involvement but reasons and what was known/agreed about this pregnancy). Where they went and how much is known about the timeline of Victoria's life. Whether they sought help at any point for her or she was seen in need at any point. Whether they bought/did drugs during their time on the run etc. I agree that the sentence will be light but I'm hoping the evidence is strong enough to show them for the scumbags they are.

Reactions: 15
Ahh ok sorry didn’t have my specs on so couldn’t actually see what you were referring to - oooh this is interesting so it’s for contempt of court not the trial - so it’s discharge to assess

Reactions: 9
Ahh ok sorry didn’t have my specs on so couldn’t actually see what you were referring to - oooh this is interesting so it’s for contempt of court not the trial - so it’s discharge to assess
What does that mean?

Presumably related to a contempt of court charge because of their behaviour in the dock?
---
Drugs would have been more exciting though 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Did anyone read anywhere if he returned to court for the charge for failing to comply with the sex register charge ?
I thought they wanted that sorted before the trial.
Interesting on this other charge too, wonder what they done for contempt of court !

Reactions: 5
Did anyone read anywhere if he returned to court for the charge for failing to comply with the sex register charge ?
I thought they wanted that sorted before the trial.
Interesting on this other charge too, wonder what they done for contempt of court !
I’ve looked and looked but I can’t find anything about him being in court. The last refusal was early January.

I guess the jury not being in until Wednesday gives time for these other things to be sorted 🤷🏼‍♀️
Still weird that they were selected last week and then sent away expected not to look anything up though.

I’ve looked and looked but I can’t find anything about him being in court. The last refusal was early January.

I guess the jury not being in until Wednesday gives time for these other things to be sorted 🤷🏼‍♀️
Still weird that they were selected last week and then sent away expected not to look anything up though.
I guess not required till later this week to deal with this charges today, who knows what else they have done !

Reactions: 5
What does that mean?

Presumably related to a contempt of court charge because of their behaviour in the dock?
Sorry on and off here today. With contempt you can be sent to prison (obvs they’re already in prison) A DTA is asking to discharge someone from prison for that contempt. Not sure on the mechanics of this. I think they may be disputing the contempt charges, I think they may have already been found in contempt of court and this application is to dismiss it. Not 💯 certain, sorry.

Well it could be about their behaviour in court but it also could be about a number of things, like interference of administration of justice or knowingly making a false statement in a document.
---
Sorry on and off here today. With contempt you can be sent to prison (obvs they’re already in prison) A DTA is asking to discharge someone from prison for that contempt. Not sure on the mechanics of this. I think they may be disputing the contempt charges, I think they may have already been found in contempt of court and this application is to dismiss it. Not 💯 certain, sorry.

Well it could be about their behaviour in court but it also could be about a number of things, like interference of administration of justice or knowingly making a false statement in a document.
I’m being a total knob. This actually looks like it’s about reporting restrictions it’s the contempt of court act 1981 - I think this is an application to have reporting restrictions maybe about the kids maybe about certain details of the case - this isn’t their contempt it’s wider

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
They’re in court today. @Dogmuck what’s DTA? (I googled but all I could find was about tax!)

View attachment 2706258
Defendant to attend? Would that fit with a contempt of court order as he had refused to attend previous hearing regarding his SOR?
---
Defendant to attend? Would that fit with a contempt of court order as he had refused to attend previous hearing regarding his SOR?
Quoting myself as I wonder if his not attending court was also the reason for the delay between jury being sworn in & trial starting?

Reactions: 8
I’m being a total knob. This actually looks like it’s about reporting restrictions it’s the contempt of court act 1981 - I think this is an application to have reporting restrictions maybe about the kids maybe about certain details of the case - this isn’t their contempt it’s wider
Ohh that makes sense. Agreeing what can and can’t be reported on before the trial starts.

I really hope the other children are kept well out of any public reporting.

Reactions: 10

---

I agree that it will something in relation to reporting restrictions.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.