Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's all a bit sad really isn't it - at the end of the day you have a flawed couple, a baby who has died and no real resolution

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Neither of them seem to be at a disadvantage after having fired/been fired from their original team do they. Obviously anyone working at that level is brilliant! I think I mean they’ve still got people with serious expertise at this level and complexity.
I suppose it pays to be notorious and in the media These barristers will hold their noses and go all out for an acquittal to boost their success ratings on CheckASilk.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Neither of them seem to be at a disadvantage after having fired/been fired from their original team do they. Obviously anyone working at that level is brilliant! I think I mean they’ve still got people with serious expertise at this level and complexity.
Oh they’ve got top notch counsel for sure. These barristers are seasoned. Having said that Tom Little is first class he’s prosecuted higher profile cases than this - so it’s a fair match

Reactions: 11
John Ryders bio above is more about being in the same stables as high profile cases. He’s got 1 case of note.
John Femi - 😳 he has got some real frighteners off…Google him and notable cases and you’ll see he’s represented some “savoury” characters
Some of them are horrific. How could you defend someone accused of sexual assault by a 4 year old. And still look at yourself in the mirror!

Some of them make me wonder if CM defence are going down the sexual violence / control route though, saying she was coerced and more so after the cult.

It's all a bit sad really isn't it - at the end of the day you have a flawed couple, a baby who has died and no real resolution
Absolutely but the only person I feel sorry for and who didn’t even get a chance in life was poor baby Victoria.
Her life was over before it began due to the actions of her so called parents.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Some of them make me wonder if CM defence are going down the sexual violence / control route though, saying she was coerced and more so after the cult.
We will see for sure in the next few days. Hope there’s not too many restrictions on the hearing

Reactions: 7
I think the best we can hope for is a custodial sentence that means neither of them are able to repeat this awful thing. CM is 37 so it could be that she’s not released while able to bear children.
---
Oh they’ve got top notch counsel for sure. These barristers are seasoned. Having said that Tom Little is first class he’s prosecuted higher profile cases than this - so it’s a fair match
It’s good, no excuse for them to say it wasn’t a fair defence.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So am I right to assume if there’s no problems with jury selection the case will start proper next week?
I thought jury selection was done? plus that takes no time really, it’s usually done in the morning and off we go. Jury selection is a load of potential jurors come into court then they call out randomly names get rid of the extras, check nobody is connected to the case if they are, they are swapped out and boom 💥 So I’d imagine that if it hasn’t already started then tomorrow???
I’d have hoped all niggles would have been ironed out between prosecution and defence already and things should get underway. Was it due to start today or yesterday? Like surely it should already have begun???

Reactions: 6
I thought jury selection was done? plus that takes no time really, it’s usually done in the morning and off we go. Jury selection is a load of potential jurors come into court then they call out randomly names get rid of the extras, check nobody is connected to the case if they are, they are swapped out and boom 💥 So I’d imagine that if it hasn’t already started then tomorrow???
I’d have hoped all niggles would have been ironed out between prosecution and defence already and things should get underway. Was it due to start today or yesterday? Like surely it should already have begun???
The Twitter account that @MylaMoo found yesterday said prosecution opening next week

IMG_6150.jpeg

• Heart
The Twitter account that @MylaMoo found yesterday said prosecution opening next week

View attachment 2693953
Ahhh right, sorry didn’t read that properly. Seems like they must have other stuff to deal with if they are swearing the jury in this week and starting next, it’s Tuesday ffs. Don’t understand why it’s taking 2 days for selection and swearing in 🤷‍♀️ and then not getting going until next week, I wonder if there’s still chance of them pleading???

Ahhh right, sorry didn’t read that properly. Seems like they must have other stuff to deal with if they are swearing the jury in this week and starting next, it’s Tuesday ffs. Don’t understand why it’s taking 2 days for selection and swearing in 🤷‍♀️ and then not getting going until next week, I wonder if there’s still chance of them pleading???
Could they be dealing with his SO reporting at the same time, with her there too?

Or might they be arguing/deciding what can and can’t be used - like prior children?

Reactions: 7
Could they be dealing with his SO reporting at the same time, with her there too?

Or might they be arguing/deciding what can and can’t be used - like prior children?
They could be dealing with his SO that’s quite likely tbh but it’s not a big deal it’s a breach, maybe an hours hearing max 🤷‍♀️ but she wouldn’t be in the doc for that, it’s a separate case so she’ll be down in the cells.

The SO offence will have to dealt with before trial because it proves part of the case I guess. Sorry did he breach the conditions of SO register? If he did, it will probably be that he didn’t report to the police station to sign on or something similar. Thing is, this could be key evidence to prove that they planned to run away rather than say, oh we didn’t know she was pregnant we we off to the Lake District for new year 😏

They could be dealing with his SO that’s quite likely tbh but it’s not a big deal it’s a breach, maybe an hours hearing max 🤷‍♀️ but she wouldn’t be in the doc for that, it’s a separate case so she’ll be down in the cells.

The SO offence will have to dealt with before trial because it proves part of the case I guess. Sorry did he breach the conditions of SO register? If he did, it will probably be that he didn’t report to the police station to sign on or something similar. Thing is, this could be key evidence to prove that they planned to run away rather than say, oh we didn’t know she was pregnant we we off to the Lake District for new year 😏
Yes it was breach of reporting requirements
---

rather than say, oh we didn’t know she was pregnant we we off to the Lake District for new year
In a tit car that we paid cash for a few days before
With our passports
And a load of cash

I almost hope they try that 🤣

• Haha
Does anyone know why CM had her other children taken away from her? Really paints a worrying picture for me. It's almost like she has forgotten all about them by going on the run with MG :cry:

Does anyone know why CM had her other children taken away from her? Really paints a worrying picture for me. It's almost like she has forgotten all about them by going on the run with MG :cry:
No, there’s (rightly) nothing at all about them, apart from her photos on Facebook.

We’ve assumed that one/they were with her for a while - because some pictures are relaxed outside on grass and at a train station - but then who knows what happened.

I don’t think her going on the run means she’s forgotten them. She may not have been able to see or have contact with them anyway. Her disappearing when she was obviously pregnant with Victoria (and what her mum’s message to her said about keeping that baby) shows that she knew that her latest baby would likely be removed from her at birth.

Giving birth probably in the car suggests that she thought she had longer, and then the fire drew attention to them.

• Sad
No, there’s (rightly) nothing at all about them, apart from her photos on Facebook.

We’ve assumed that one/they were with her for a while - because some pictures are relaxed outside on grass and at a train station - but then who knows what happened.

I don’t think her going on the run means she’s forgotten them. She may not have been able to see or have contact with them anyway. Her disappearing when she was obviously pregnant with Victoria (and what her mum’s message to her said about keeping that baby) shows that she knew that her latest baby would likely be removed from her at birth.

Giving birth probably in the car suggests that she thought she had longer, and then the fire drew attention to them.
Just so very sad. I really hope there is a live link. So many things just don't make sense???

Reactions: 2
Just so very sad. I really hope there is a live link. So many things just don't make sense???
There won’t be any reporting on the other children.

I don’t think they actually did anything illegal until the baby was born, apart from MG not reporting his location, so I do wonder if we’ll only really find out basics of what happened while they were moving around the UK and when they were found.

No one knows anything other than what those two are willing to share. And I don’t think that will be very much, or very accurate.
---
I won’t be surprised if MG tries to weight it heavily on CM and say he was worried about her and he knows now that it was wrong, he should have got help, blah blah

Reactions: 6

I don’t think they actually did anything illegal until the baby was born, apart from MG not reporting his location, so I do wonder if we’ll only really find out basics of what happened while they were moving around the UK and when they were found.

No one knows anything other than what those two are willing to share. And I don’t think that will be very much, or very accurate.
---
I won’t be surprised if MG tries to weight it heavily on CM and say he was worried about her and he knows now that it was wrong, he should have got help, blah blah
Too little too late IMO but i completely agree with you on that for sure.
---
I have just seen an article that a local young funeral director offered to pay for a service for Victoria. Even though infant funerals are usually free he wanted to provide a hearse and other options. He said he didn't want her to go out of this world with nothing :cry:

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

---
I wouldn’t be surprised if both of them are still fully convinced they had no option other than to do what they did and that’s all they’ll get out of them for the whole trial.

I’m not really sure prison is the right place for them tbh, unless it comes out the entire thing has been an act I think they’re just both incredibly mentally ill (to an extreme extent the vast majority of people are not - obviously the majority of people with MH issues would never do anything like they did) and would be far better off in a psychiatric facility.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.