Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems many feel the poor baby died when they disposed of the buggy. I don’t see how that could be true as the baby was found on a pile of nappies which, as well as the buggy would no longer have been needed.

I do find it strange they visited a food bank - don’t you have to be referred to these places and why visit one of you have money still? (They were also seen buying fish and chips and also visiting the store for supplies so they still had funds) - very strange place to go if you don’t need to.

Wired they are blowing each other kisses in court-very odd behaviour. Gives me the creeps.
You don't need to have a referral, people can just go and get the things they need, otherwise people would go hungry while waiting. Especially if they suddenly found themselves in a difficult shituation, which is becoming increasingly common these days.

Reactions: 4
Her barrister is going to have some struggle with her is he not? She looks besotted with him and if they're going to try and turn on him then they'll have their work cut out.

It's possible he's the reason behind all this, she has lost her children because of this man (by choice or not), she has also walked away from her family. How much will it take for her to turn her back on him? For her to allow them to pin the blame on him? Its going to be interesting for sure.

Would she be able to use her own money to hire him a top solicitor? To give him an equal footing?

Reactions: 12
Her barrister is going to have some struggle with her is he not? She looks besotted with him and if they're going to try and turn on him then they'll have their work cut out.

It's possible he's the reason behind all this, she has lost her children because of this man (by choice or not), she has also walked away from her family. How much will it take for her to turn her back on him? For her to allow them to pin the blame on him? Its going to be interesting for sure.

Would she be able to use her own money to hire him a top solicitor? To give him an equal footing?
She had the choice of him or her babies multiple times and she never turned her back on him, I doubt she will now even if her case depends on it.

If she paid for his legal rep it would compromise her solicitor trying to blame him.

Reactions: 10
I’m curious if being away from him for a long time will make her reevaluate/feel differently and start to turn on him.

Reactions: 14
I might be wrong so forgive me if so but would she have even had the chance to offer to pay for his legal representative? Surely they can’t have been in contact with each other. And I doubt her family would have approached to offer to pay for him.

Reactions: 7
She had the choice of him or her babies multiple times and she never turned her back on him, I doubt she will now even if her case depends on it.

If she paid for his legal rep it would compromise her solicitor trying to blame him.
I agree. It's interesting though isn't it. I mean she's seemingly put him first so far and now will she be persuaded to turn against him in the name of self preservation?

Now they're apart will she see things differently I wonder?

It's a very bizarre case so I guess anything could happen.

Just musing really. Keep thinking about that little baby 💕
---
I might be wrong so forgive me if so but would she have even had the chance to offer to pay for his legal representative? Surely they can’t have been in contact with each other. And I doubt her family would have approached to offer to pay for him.
I genuinely don't know but someone will on here.

Reactions: 6
I’m curious if being away from him for a long time will make her reevaluate/feel differently and start to turn on him.
It would depend on the reasons I suppose, what positive influences she might have on her now (limited I would imagine except legal team? Medical professionals will have to remain neutral and not comment on legal proceedings) and whether she feels able to trust anyone.

Could see her being so determined to be loyal to him that she does all she can to protect him

or

Going the other way entirely and realising the only way to see her older child/ren is to protect herself as much as possible (if they have been removed from her care which we don’t actually know)

Reactions: 3
I believe co defendants can write to each other and phone each other. These would be heavily monitored though. Saying that, she may have been advised by solicitor not to speak to him, or vice Versa.

Reactions: 5
can I ask why you think it’s a folie a deux?
I think that both of them had the same level of mistrust agains the authorities, the idea that what they were doing was correct when any person sound of mind would know a newborn baby with no medical checks, camping in the winter is madness. There we other options but from what we’ve seen, they were both as compliant as the other in their terrible plan.

“While the exact causes of SDD are unknown, the main two contributors are stress and social isolation.[14]

People who are socially isolated together tend to become dependent on those they are with, leading to an inducers influence on those around them. Additionally, people developing shared delusional disorder do not have others reminding them that their delusions are either impossible or unlikely. As a result, treatment for shared delusional disorder includes those affected be removed from the inducer.[15]

Reactions: 17
If he is a psychopath he’ll tend to turn on her and throw her under the bus, that might make her change her stance, especially as they will have been separated. I think it will take a lot for that to happen though.
I would imagine her barrister will play it canny and allow this to happen ‘naturally’, obviously it could be accelerated if she does get bail. They’ll have all the expensive shrinks and councillors working with her.
Ultimately, I think it’s him who’ll end up under the bus, he’s half way there already.
This is my amateur psychology, so could be a lot of nonsense.
Regardless of CC, MH, etc I think they’re both equally responsible.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that someone spent approximately half their life in prison after committing heinous crimes, then managed to bag themselves a millionaire. It’s so obvious what he got out of the relationship, but I desperately wonder what was in it for her (then again, she did fall in love with a cult leader).

Reactions: 16
I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that someone spent approximately half their life in prison after committing heinous crimes, then managed to bag themselves a millionaire. It’s so obvious what he got out of the relationship, but I desperately wonder what was in it for her (then again, she did fall in love with a cult leader).
She probably likes a bad boy and he's not a bad looking chappie. There's no accounting for taste.

I don't think I could open my heart (or legs) to a man who had done what he has.

Reactions: 16
If it was CC at play, at the beginning she’ll have seen him as someone who gave her undivided attention, showered her with complements, promised her the earth to make her feel needed and wanted, and then as if he couldn’t live without her.

She probably had no idea about his past to begin with.

(IMO only of course)

She probably likes a bad boy and he's not a bad looking chappie. There's no accounting for taste.

I don't think I could open my heart (or legs) to a man who had done what he has.
Yeh, she was drawn to him, for some reason, initially, and she’s even now, holding a candle for him, so she must be getting something out of it, god knows what.
I think her family must have very quickly checked him out and, probably, given her the info and strongly advised her to ditch him. That’s maybe been the start of the rift.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yeh, she was drawn to him, for some reason, initially, and she’s even now, holding a candle for him, so she must be getting something out of it, god knows what.
I think her family must have very quickly checked him out and, probably, gave her the info and strongly advised her to ditch him. That’s maybe been the start of the rift.
Yeah true, I also can't see how a man who had spent the majority of his life in prison would have any interpersonal skills or have any clue about how to treat a woman or indeed anybody, particularly children.

His offence tells what we need to know about his personality when he was a kid but add to that 20 years in an American prison where God knows what happened to him...he's definitely not coming out the other side as a pillar of the community.

Her family must've been through a lot of worry this past few years 🤔

I can't imagine being post partum with no access to a shower and toilet for 50 whatever days. I wonder if it will come out that they were taking drugs.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Yeah true, I also can't see how a man who had spent the majority of his life in prison would have any interpersonal skills or have any clue about how to treat a woman or indeed anybody, particularly children.

His offence tells what we need to know about his personality when he was a kid but add to that 20 years in an American prison where God knows what happened to him...he's definitely not coming out the other side as a pillar of the community.

Her family must've been through a lot of worry this past few years 🤔
Well yes, his offences would be the end of it for me. Run girl!
Some people are just charismatic, even if they are complete *****. Might have the gift of the gab too.

Reactions: 10
I think that both of them had the same level of mistrust agains the authorities, the idea that what they were doing was correct when any person sound of mind would know a newborn baby with no medical checks, camping in the winter is madness. There we other options but from what we’ve seen, they were both as compliant as the other in their terrible plan.

“While the exact causes of SDD are unknown, the main two contributors are stress and social isolation.[14]

People who are socially isolated together tend to become dependent on those they are with, leading to an inducers influence on those around them. Additionally, people developing shared delusional disorder do not have others reminding them that their delusions are either impossible or unlikely. As a result, treatment for shared delusional disorder includes those affected be removed from the inducer.[15]
Thanks that’s interesting, it is really rare though so I’m not sure and I know this is all guesswork.

I wonder if CM has a history of being unwell with psychosis and worried about the baby being removed - which to be honest was fear based in reality. That as well as him being a RSO which would make the authorities even more concerned because they’ve both disengaged from the ? suppport networks/agencies involved. If they were both delusional they managed to keep out of the way of the authorities for a fair bit of time?

Reactions: 2
Thanks that’s interesting, it is really rare though so I’m not sure and I know this is all guesswork.

I wonder if CM has a history of being unwell with psychosis and worried about the baby being removed - which to be honest was fear based in reality. That as well as him being a RSO which would make the authorities even more concerned because they’ve both disengaged from the ? suppport networks/agencies involved. If they were both delusional they managed to keep out of the way of the authorities for a fair bit of time?
She mentioned ‘having paranormal experiences’ after leaving the cult, and considering her dad hallucinated and the fact that psychosis often runs in families, it seems like there’s a fair chance.

I guess it’s possible to only be conspiracy theorist/low level delusional and still have the presence of mind to know to avoid cameras/move around a lot, but I’m amazed they lasted as long as they did too, with or without mental health issues.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.