Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She mentioned ‘having paranormal experiences’ after leaving the cult, and considering her dad hallucinated and the fact that psychosis often runs in families, it seems like there’s a fair chance.

I guess it’s possible to only be conspiracy theorist/low level delusional and still have the presence of mind to know to avoid cameras/move around a lot, but I’m amazed they lasted as long as they did too, with or without mental health issues.
I have bipolar 1, she reminds me very much of myself when ill... impulsive in mania, running away to live off grid in nature with no common sense or good judgment, drawn to religious sects and extreme radical ideas, easily manipulated. She is a creative too, an actress, she went to East 15. And the fact she seems to have travelled around a lot, cut off her family, behaved very recklessly and does not trust authority. Her father appears to have had psychosis, and this condition is hereditary. To me it all suggests untreated bipolar 1.

Reactions: 21
What happens in England if you have psychosis? As far as I know in Scotland there are mother and baby units and you are treated by a psychiatrist. Babies are not taken off mother's for mental health problems. Is health care wildly different in England?

Reactions: 4
What happens in England if you have psychosis? As far as I know in Scotland there are mother and baby units and you are treated by a psychiatrist. Babies are not taken off mother's for mental health problems. Is health care wildly different in England?
No , babies are not taken from their mothers because of psychosis. Babies are removed when there are risks present that can’t be managed or mitigated despite services being offered/ provided which might be because of a number of single issues or multiple issues combined.

Reactions: 15
She mentioned ‘having paranormal experiences’ after leaving the cult, and considering her dad hallucinated and the fact that psychosis often runs in families, it seems like there’s a fair chance.

I guess it’s possible to only be conspiracy theorist/low level delusional and still have the presence of mind to know to avoid cameras/move around a lot, but I’m amazed they lasted as long as they did too, with or without mental health issues.

This is why I am convinced the legal team will will run with the "peri/postpartum psychosis" possibility. Not only the above but the troubled childhood and PTSD diagnosis.

I've said it before and I will say it again. For the top legal team her family/trust fund will buy this case is cut and dry. A massively easy win and a "controlling" criminal boyfriend to pin it all on.

Reactions: 9
This is why I am convinced the legal team will will run with the "peri/postpartum psychosis" possibility. Not only the above but the troubled childhood and PTSD diagnosis.

I've said it before and I will say it again. For the top legal team her family/trust fund will buy this case is cut and dry. A massively easy win and a "controlling" criminal boyfriend to pin it all on.
How they going to square that with all the other kids she lost though?

Reactions: 7
Sorry this is completely off topic but you reminded me about something that angered me! In the supermarket we have charities that you can put a token in to vote who the company donate the money to that month..the choice was a local food bank or blood test facilities for dogs in a local vet. You can guess which won 🤦🏽‍♀️
If the foodbank was Trussel Trust I’d have 100% have given to the dogs; if it wasn’t TT, I’d have spent a bit more time thinking about my choice.
---
Did you see a local funeral director offered to pay for a service and burial for baby Victoria.
I’m sorry but I think this is a publicity thing as, I believe, almost all children and baby’s funerals are free in the UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Constance or MG must have spoken to the police at least in a limited way as they know that the baby's name is Victoria and that Constance named her.

How they going to square that with all the other kids she lost though?
We don’t actually know this as fact, or the circumstances if it is true.

With psychosis, she’d have been showing symptoms when arrested - it wouldn’t just stop without treatment - so this might be difficult to use as defence.
---
It’s the same in England, there are psychiatric mother and baby units where treatment is overseen by a psychiatrist and the baby stays with the mother. There aren’t enough units or beds and often the available bed is miles away from your home area, but the intention is to keep baby with mum while she recovers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Constance or MG must have spoken to the police at least in a limited way as they know that the baby's name is Victoria and that Constance named her.
Pity they didn't open their gobs when there was hundreds of officers searching for their baby eh? My head just won't let me process the thought. Sitting there, repeatedly saying no comment whilst your baby is rotting in an Aldi bag.

The amount of money these two have (and will) cost this country is scandalous and what's to show for it? Its a bloody mess 😒

Reactions: 15
The choice of psychiatrist to assess the pair of them will be so critical. Does it all hinge on one "expert's" opinion?

The choice of psychiatrist to assess the pair of them will be so critical. Does it all hinge on one "expert's" opinion?
If defence are using psychiatrist assessment as evidence I think prosecution will be able to request that their own independent assessment is also done?

Reactions: 2
We don’t actually know this as fact, or the circumstances if it is true.

With psychosis, she’d have been showing symptoms when arrested - it wouldn’t just stop without treatment - so this might be difficult to use as defence.
---

It’s the same in England, there are psychiatric mother and baby units where treatment is overseen by a psychiatrist and the baby stays with the mother. There aren’t enough units or beds and often the available bed is miles away from your home area, but the intention is to keep baby with mum while she recovers.
I think it's really clutching at straws to say that we don't know she had other children and that they were removed from her care.

Reactions: 11
@Lazarus I'm curious about your comment on TT?
Where to start?! I’ll come back to this, as I’m really busy at work today.
some others from the Jack Monroe thread may be able to give a brief summary in the meantime.
my beef partly comes from their association to her and partly that they charge independent food banks £1,600 to join their network plus an annual fee. They work on a referral only basis, which excludes some from going. They apparently will only give 3 parcels maximum.
Additionally they patronise those using their service by offering prayers to those going in need of food.
They carried over around £39m last financial year,
and this is before I touch on their really unhelpful association with Jack Monroe.
There is a thread on them on here.
TLDR - I would NEVER, for as long as I have breath in my body, give a single copper coin to anything the TT have any link with.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I think it's really clutching at straws to say that we don't know she had other children and that they were removed from her care.
I think @InTheDollsHouse is saying we don’t DEFINITIVELY know she has had other children removed. Yes we all think it’s more than likely and certainly seems to be the case, but we have to try remember some things said on here are fact and some are speculation.

Reactions: 14
Just a thought.
Rose West and Myra Hindley seemed to be quite happy with the men they’d chosen.

Reactions: 5
Just a thought.
Rose West and Myra Hindley seemed to be quite happy with the men they’d chosen.
Hindley was certainly the controlling one in that relationship. Not sure about RW. I'd put money on CM being the dominant one/controller in her partnership, despite most wanting to believe it's the other way around.

• Heart
Hindley was certainly the controlling one in that relationship. Not sure about RW. I'd put money on CM being the dominant one/controller in her partnership, despite most wanting to believe it's the other way around.
I’m not exactly sure who is the dominant one, but I certainly don’t think she’s very submissive.
She did have control of the money. If there were drugs involved, that could mean a lot.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.