Constance Marten and Mark Gordon Case #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not about actual psychiatric diagnosis. There's a whole range of potential diagnoses here for the psychiatrist to assess.
I actually didn’t mention a diagnosis, only mania, which can have many causes:

It was another poster who mentioned a particular condition.

Reactions: 3
There’s quite a lot of different mental health conditions that involve manic episodes, it’s not just bipolar.

Edited to add apologies- cross posted the exact same link with someone above.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Ok then..She's undiagnosed ASD with emotional dysregulation.
---
Is this a trick question? Because you know it was me as you’ve already replied to me about it.

Although I’m not the first person on this thread to have mentioned it.
No trick question..
---
I'm sure she'll be fine with her expensive legal team though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
But the baby died because of something they didn’t do. If they’d received medical attention something might have been found and the baby could have been saved
However a baby living in a tent is unlikely to survive anyway right ? And if she was wearing the baby under her red coat surely that can’t be safe either ???
So they are responsible for the death.
It’s their responsibility as the parents to look after the baby. Living outside on the run isn’t a good life for a new born.
they didn’t put Their daughters needs first. They put themselves first.
BIB - This is the crux of the situation for me. People who are unable to put their children's needs before their own are not fit to be parents. They've demonstrated that SS were right to remove their children

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Yep seen all of the above. I left women's secure services I found it too hard and emotionally difficult many have been through so much trauma. I work with males and people don't believe it but I find it so much easier.
Do/did you get support at work? I bet it took its toll on you having to deal with & witness so many things? It affects those of us who lived with them so I can bet it was really hard working with them? If not more as you'd have been aware of the women's past, reasons, trauma etc, also you put yourself at risk in that kind of work when someone has an outburst/bad day .
You're not the first I've heard say that (working with males) . A lot of p.o/ osg, nurses , etc found women a lot harder to work with.

I hope you enjoy your job. I bet no 2 days are the same!? X.

Reactions: 4
I think the thing for me is, other parents flee social services. It’s absolutely a thing, suprisingly commonly. But most of them go abroad, to Ireland or to Northern Cyprus or to Turkey etc, or even further afield trying to various countries that don’t comply with the Hague Convention. They’re not camping out in midwinter with a tiny baby, they’re going out of SS reach but planning to live fairly normal lives there - be it in hotels or getting a local house etc.

CM and MG are also fairly unique amongst parents running away in that they had access to her trust fund, ie quite a lot of money with which to run. I know MG didn’t have a passport (they stated CMs was found in the car so she did until then) but in the sept-Dec period they could have got him one (or with her money, realistically, fake documents would likely be accessible to both of the ) and gone anywhere - lived their lives safely out of the reach of SS with the baby somewhere safe and dry if that’s what they wanted.

It’s the decision to stay in the UK and seemingly camp that to me screams there’s something deeper than just a mistrust of SS here. Most parents, even those driven to sheer desperation to try to keep their child, wouldn’t do that. It’s a really irrational decision.
This is one of the many things which baffles me about this case. They left home in September, and she gave birth in January. Why didn't they flee the country straight away? They had plenty of time and the resources to do this

Reactions: 15
This is one of the many things which baffles me about this case. They left home in September, and she gave birth in January. Why didn't they flee the country straight away? They had plenty of time and the resources to do this
He didn't have a passport, I guess she might not have been able to get a fake one for him.

Reactions: 6
It's not difficult to get a passport though. If they applied in September they would have had it in a few weeks.
---
I can’t work the other kids out, although I haven’t looked at their pictures other than what was shared here. I wouldn’t read too much into the dates they were shared on fb, she may have been given photos of them at that point but they might not have been recent (is it called letterbox contact?)
The photos puzzle me the most tbh. It's very rare to get front face photos through letterbox and engaging with letterbox usually means engaging with social services and I just don't get that vibe from her considering the anti ss groups on Facebook.
I can't work out if it's the same child at different ages and the initials mean something else or 3 different children.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
It's not difficult to get a passport though. If they applied in September they would have had it in a few weeks.
---

The photos puzzle me the most tbh. It's very rare to get front face photos through letterbox and engaging with letterbox usually means engaging with social services and I just don't get that vibe from her considering the anti ss groups on Facebook.
I can't work out if it's the same child at different ages and the initials mean something else or 3 different children.
He was a registered sex offender. Could he just get a passport and move wherever he liked?

Reactions: 5
I think there may have been issues with him getting a passport given the long time he spent in the US ending in deportation.

Even if he did get one I think he would not be permitted to travel without permission which would only be granted in exceptional circumstances. https://unlock.org.uk/guide/travelling-abroad/

I've had a quick look at the Stephen Bear threads on here and they have commented that he won't be able to travel internationally for 10 yrs even after his 21 month prison sentence for example and what he did was nowhere near as bad as Gordon's crime and none of the immigration element

Reactions: 9
I did some Googling yesterday (my search history must be looking very suspicious and weird), and from what I could grasp, it seems only sex offenders who committed crimes after 2003 automatically go on the register, so I don’t know whether he’d be on it or not.

If they’re on it they do need to notify the police of any plans to travel abroad, tell them about any address they’ve stayed at for 7 days or more in the UK, plus regularly ‘signing on’ kind of thing, but I don’t know how frequent that is. Ultimately, if he’s on the register I don’t know how they got away with the September-January thing.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.