Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the first baby taken from the pissy bell tent was well before that- 2018 wasn’t it? They didn’t take all 3 at once I’m sure. Piss tent baby was def alone when removed

Reactions: 9
I listened to the latest podcast today whilst doing some housework and I find it to be way more detailed than the news articles. The latest episode is about their interviews once in police custody, the podcast read the transcripts so cover far more detail. I’m in no way defending CM but I thought she came across as more cooperative in the interviews than MG. He was so awkward at every point demanding food or pain killers and purposely using that to control not answering questions.

Reactions: 21
Me too peepynose. I’m listening to it now- so much more detail and context.

i did feel for Constance. No matter how negligent and stupid she is, it does make one imagine how she had carried the baby around for some time because she didn’t know what to do and wanted her close, and also, I think, wanted to be able to show her to the authorities, knowing that if she “disappeared” the body ie set fire to it, she wouldn’t be able to explain what had happened with any believability.

Reactions: 6
True, but there are often indications. Size, tendency to swollen extremities in later pregnancy, more intense morning sickness etc.
Yes sorry I wasn’t disagreeing.

Imagine reaching the birth without knowing there’s two though!
---
the first baby taken from the pissy bell tent was well before that- 2018 wasn’t it? They didn’t take all 3 at once I’m sure. Piss tent baby was def alone when removed
Not sure. The Twitter guy said ‘later’ taken into care and that care proceedings were started in 2019

IMG_8758.jpeg

IMG_8757.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The thing is, she didn’t lose her first three till 2020 so why do people think the photos are from contact centres? I would assume they were taken before she lost them; the ages would seem to fit.
To my understanding, there are degrees of care. Temporary/emergency (if a lone parent gets ill or something), fostered with degrees of parental contact and parental rights removed - maybe other varieties. Some kids in care go back to their parents at weekends etc. I don't think we know what degree of contact there has ever been with any of them.

Reactions: 9
The podcast is great. I'm not reading the news just waiting for the podcast.
Hope things get moving this week.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Me too peepynose. I’m listening to it now- so much more detail and context.

i did feel for Constance. No matter how negligent and stupid she is, it does make one imagine how she had carried the baby around for some time because she didn’t know what to do and wanted her close, and also, I think, wanted to be able to show her to the authorities, knowing that if she “disappeared” the body ie set fire to it, she wouldn’t be able to explain what had happened with any believability.
She's far from stupid though?

Reactions: 6
She's far from stupid though?
Do you think? I think she’s thick as tit. All the educational opportunities one could hope for and she’s achieved nothing- not even a job. Believes conspiracy theories, thinks she knows SS law to evade it, gets caught up in a cult (not known for targeting the intellectuals)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Well my personal belief is that she knows exactly what she's doing. She has a degree in Arabic and Middle Eastern studies, worked as a researcher for Al Jazeera, was a talented photographer....and did a drama course....which has probably stood her in good stead for the situation she now finds herself in. She joined the cult voluntarily and who knows what went on there and what she absorbed which has dictated her behaviours over the past few years. I think she's pretty headstrong and determined and no shrinking violet who is easily duped and dominated.

Reactions: 19
She’s headstrong and no shrinking violet for sure. That doesn’t make her intelligent. She’s very arrogant and entitled, and has her entitlement coursing through her aristocratic veins.
Neither her university or drama School had challenging entry requirements and “researcher” for al jazzers is standard posh girl graduate job. She’s incredibly unimpressive

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
To my understanding, there are degrees of care. Temporary/emergency (if a lone parent gets ill or something), fostered with degrees of parental contact and parental rights removed - maybe other varieties. Some kids in care go back to their parents at weekends etc. I don't think we know what degree of contact there has ever been with any of them.
Yes, I agree.
Those photos are very stage managed (admittedly like lots of SM) with minimal info. Yes, the kids are well looked after, but who’s been doing that?
The comments from friends are more enlightening than the photos.
‘Love sprogs’ gets on my nerves, they can’t just be kids, but products of some special kind of love.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
No sympathy here for constance.
A baby died!
She could have prevented that death but she chose not to.
My sympathy is for little Victoria not that waste of oxygen

Reactions: 20
She could have kept all those children if only she'd listened to the advice she was given and wasn't so selfish! Work with social services then use the money from the trust fund to hire a nanny and rent a house. She could have come and gone as she pleased!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I'm just catching up on thr podcast. MG coming across as a whiny, manipulative witch in the reading of the interview transcript.

Reactions: 17
Found a transcript of the Podcast episode 2, which explains a bit about the history with the previous children.
This makes it clear MG’s conviction wasn’t seen as a problem then - both parents refused a residential unit. So he was offered one or he couldn’t have refused.

Reactions: 12
This makes it clear MG’s conviction wasn’t seen as a problem then - both parents refused a residential unit. So he was offered one or he couldn’t have refused.
While the defence makes out that CM and MG were prepared to do anything to keep their family together, the fact that they wouldn't do a covid test or accept a residential placement suggests that's not the case.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
She’s headstrong and no shrinking violet for sure. That doesn’t make her intelligent. She’s very arrogant and entitled, and has her entitlement coursing through her aristocratic veins.
Neither her university or drama School had challenging entry requirements and “researcher” for al jazzers is standard posh girl graduate job. She’s incredibly unimpressive

I reckon studying Arabic is pretty challenging though? Leeds is an established renowned uni. She'd surely have to have some intelligence to get in?

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.