Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
I wonder if the Jury have had to go back to the beginning with all the evidence after the delay and that's what is taking time....

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I’m just curious that’s all, it’s interesting and Language matters. It’s ironic to be berating the defences use of language whilst also saying it’s pointless to discuss your own use of language.

HoneyNed

This is all time off their actual sentence too. Remand is so much easier than sentenced, with so many perks... more money, more visits, more phone calls, less 'work', own clothes (depending on prison).
I was going to ask, I actually did a year of law in 6th form, but we did criminal and commercial law, and got to go to court and sit in the journalist seats in a crown court, but I got told off for smiling at the accused.

It was only initial hearings, but I have the worst nervous laugh. I saw a tiny old lady accused of shoplifting, she might have been terrible, bored, ill, guilty or not guilty...(she was 😂) but I never knew what happened after. Two guys already had over 50 convictions against them.

Would Connie and Mark be held in normal prison, mixing with inmates? Do other inmates know what you're on trial for? I have no idea about what happens when you go into prison. Surely they'll have some custodial sentence, but will they take it off days spent on remand?

pommobear

VIP Member
It's such a ridiculous defence though - to me it's like arguing that you had to murder someone because they knew you'd murdered someone else. They were on the run because they didn't care about the law. How can that be a defence against breaking the law?
You can argue a defence based on whatever you like - again it's up to the jury whether they buy it.

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
Do CM and MG get transported to court every day while deliberations are ongoing? Otherwise when the jury are ready, they’ll have to wait (maybe until the next day?) until the verdicts can be delivered

Reactions: 2