Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Papparazzo1

Been out for the day and have just checked my phone hoping for a verdict and nothing. Cannot believe this is still ongoing, it's unbelievable!

Reactions: 4

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
It doesn't say they've been sent out yet, where it does on other cases listed. I imagine they'll be sent out tomorrow if all is said and done. This is what one of the other cases looks like -

View attachment 2894831
Thank you for sharing this link, I look on Court Serve for the listings usually and didn’t know there were updates like this somewhere else

Eyesopened

VIP Member
I only read this thread when they were on he run and for the last two threads . I’ve never had a baby so forgive me if this question sounds stupid but wouldn’t Constance have needed to have fed the baby in the night ? Is it normal that her breasts would have not hurt without that feed?

Be our guest

Can anyone remember what conversation the KC us referring to when he refers to a discussion about fabricating a cot death story?

Emsie

VIP Member
I struggle with the 'serious and obvious risk of death' question on manslaughter. I don't think the risk was obvious to CM and MG. It's obvious to me as a normal person but was it obvious to these two in their weird fantasy world that they live in?
This! This is where I am at. I would really struggle if I was on the jury.

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Surely he wouldn't jeopardise the verdict by going on a personal tirade though? Surely he's experienced enough to know better?
It’s not something he’s doing as a tactic, he lost his shit with the expert witness. I understand why because he’s just spent weeks, which should have been days, dealing with Mrs Knowitall egomaniac Constance, who’s been winding him up and not answering questions. But he lost his shit and aggressively badgered/bullied the guy, it’s not a good thing to do because witnesses, even experts, should be handled respectfully, you can be respectful and still make them admit their evidence is shit.

iieee

VIP Member
Marten's defence doing their closing arguments now. Is that the last thing before the jury go out?

JillZarin

Chatty Member
I don’t know if he’s so clever, he’s just had 20 years in the American prison system to educate him on how to wheedle out of responsibility for his wrongdoings, blame everything and anything else and manipulate the system/situation. Sly maybe.
Rolling about on the floor at Police Interview, they’d have seen right through him but would have to play along, to a certain extent.
He gives me the judders. Even more so with his behaviour during this trial, which conversely wants me to throw the book at him even more.
WHAT???

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I know I’m in the minority and that I will get jumped on for saying this - but I think they have been punished enough and do feel compassion towards them both. A horrible set of circumstances, and they are responsible for the baby’s death, but I do feel what the defence team is saying is plausible. I have followed the case closely even from the time when they were still missing, and that suffocating sense of paranoia they were experiencing really did cloud their judgment. Her privileged upbringing and whatever hair accessories she wears are by the by for me. They definitely need to accept help from the authorities and therapy! Just my opinion, like I said I know it’s a very unpopular viewpoint…. 😒

I second this. Obviously the baby is the ultimate victim but I have to say what's a worse punishment then having 4 children removed from your life and a further one die on your watch.

• Sad