Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Last week I really thought there would be a quick verdict, now I’m not so sure- I feel like maybe the jury have waited so long to get the case they might take their time.

I don’t have any doubt they’ll be found guilty though. The jury aren’t going to be any more fooled by the sympathetic first time parents than we are
---
It feels a little like you are being unnecessarily argumentative tbh. The whole case makes me feel furious but I don't owe anyone an explanation as to why or how that presents itself. It's a highly emotive situation and the pointless loss of a child's life because of reckless, selfish, narcissistic parents does make me angry. I was severely neglected as a child so I guess for me it's quite close to home. For me I show that fury by discussing it on here, with my partner and generally saying 'fucking bastards' out loud when I hear them mentioned on the news! I'm not a solicitor and have no need really to explain myself but hopefully I have satisfied your interest. Your post feels a bit pass -agg but in case I'm wrong and you're genuinely just interested I hope that puts it to bed.
You don’t owe me an explanation at all - of course you don’t!
Blimey, I genuinely was interested as it seems a strange thing to say- and it’s been said a number of times, I’m sure not all by yourself. It just seemed like something people say that doesn’t really mean anything, so just curious as to what it did mean.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Asterix

After being mentioned in here, I went and delved through all the Ellis May threads and definitely see similarities. The stark difference is that Ellis, mentally ill and utterly chaotic as she is, has managed to keep her kid alive for 2+ years. I'd not say he's thriving in any way, quite the opposite, but he's alive. She, with all her issues, had the capability to leave the country and manages to skip in and out of other countries to keep her visitor's visa valid etc. She's still an absolutely hellish parent, with close to zero safeguarding instinct, who'd lose her child to the social in any European country in about 3 seconds flat but has somehow showed more "care" for her son than these two. It was quite something to wade through her chaos and realise that.

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
Oh they didn’t report anything for yesterday. Wonder if the journalist just wasn’t there because not expected to be back until today.

Axatogrind

VIP Member
It would be interesting to know if there is any precedent for appeals being submitted in respect of legalities around a trial being disrupted etc.

Presumably if such an appeal was allowed and succeeded, there would then need to be a re-trial so it would be back to square one? Can anyone confirm?

Reactions: 3
Why? It actually does infuriate me as the language seeks to minimise what they've done. I think it's quite justified to be furious about a baby's death occurring due to appalling actions of her parents but being painted as 'just one of those things '. This entire case makes me furious. I don't understand the implication that that isn't a normal feeling to have?
Well that’s what I’m asking. Do you mean furious and if so what does that actually mean/ look like? Have you been storming around angry and shouty for the last 12 weeks? Are you just furious briefly when you stop to think about it?

It just seems a strange description for something you have no involvement or influence on. Furious is quite an active emotion I think, I’m interested in what you really mean by that.

Cat Face

I am puzzled by MG's defence counsel only talking about CM.

They aren't charged with concealing a pregnancy (as it's not a crime), they are charged with concealing a birth (which is). Why is MG's counsel talking about concealing the pregnancy?
I wonder if that's something to do with social services... might have been some kind of court order from the other children being removed that meant she was to present to child services if she fell pregnant and wanted to keep the child.