Constance Marten and Mark Gordon #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Think DTA means Defendant to Attend. Maybe the Jury were so close they only needed a couple of hours. Who knows?
This is just saying that the defendant (Gordon in this case) is attending by CVP, which is the HMCTS video link as its says DTA via CVP. Marten is appearing in person.

Reactions: 7
So it resumed at 15:06 and was adjourned at 15:56. Hardly worth the petrol money to bring CM to court.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
What an insult to Victoria. Surely she deserves more respect..This stop/start approach is no acceptable interpretation of justice being done.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It was adjourned until 9am tomorrow at 3.56pm today.
Stuff like this really makes you understand why the jurors will be unwilling to shift pre-booked things now. Imagine if you’d come back from holiday a day early to accommodate the trial and you ended up being in for what was probably all of 5 mins once the faff etc had been sorted before it’s adjourned until tomorrow. You’d be livid.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Think DTA means Defendant to Attend. Maybe the Jury were so close they only needed a couple of hours. Who knows?
Your email is showing top right x
---
The judge had the sentencing hearing of the teacher today. That’s why they weren’t in until this afternoon. That sentencing is a two-day hearing according to The Independent so expect the same tomorrow.

They weren’t due back until tomorrow anyway I thought?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
You can only claim up to about £65 a day for the first two weeks plus food/drink of about £5. Then it goes up to £130 a day plus the £5 for food. I did jury service 11 years ago and I'm sure it hasn't gone up much since then. My employer paid me as usual less the court allowances so I didn't lose out but I work for a local authority.
Ive just googled this as i did jury service in 1992 as a youthful 18 year old - we got £4.50 a day for food!
Jurors in 2024 get the princely sum.of... 🥁£5.71 a day for food if under 10 hours spent at court! 😱
So in 32 years its increased by £1.21! That's actually shocking 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I'm trying to think back what £4.50 would have got you back in the day. Certainly a hot meal in a cafe or pub, even at London prices. Now you get a supermarket meal deal and maybe a Greggs coffee.

Reactions: 10
I don’t understand why it’s not saying jury are deliberating. To resume it sounds like there’s still legal arguments in court 🤷🏼‍♀️

IMG_6821.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Oh they didn’t report anything for yesterday. Wonder if the journalist just wasn’t there because not expected to be back until today.

Reactions: 4
Oh they didn’t report anything for yesterday. Wonder if the journalist just wasn’t there because not expected to be back until today.
Maybe legal arguments that they can’t report on maybe?
one less juror this week, are we closer to getting a verdict.
It must be near the point where they either can or can’t reach one.

Reactions: 5
Maybe legal arguments that they can’t report on maybe?
one less juror this week, are we closer to getting a verdict.
It must be near the point where they either can or can’t reach one.
Yes, it’s worrying that it’s not seeming close to a verdict yet.

We know there’s two charges that will be guilty, but I’m concerned that they are in deadlock over the others.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.