Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

neroli

VIP Member
It's so good of you to write up such an informative and detailed synopsis for us after what must have been a pretty exhausting day. Thank you!

Reactions: 34
I’m waiting for Mr Fitzgibbon’s conclusion ‘Constance: C:Caring O:Original N:Nice S:Smells good (now) T: Truthful A: Arabella N: Not at all naughty C: Claw clip E: Excellent…..I failed Latin so I’ve done an acrostic poem instead, errrr, she’s deffo innocent, BYE!’

• Haha

Bleekemolen

Thanks @Bleekemolen for writing that up, I’m sure it’s not easy to attend/ listen to.
I remember from one of pods when they did their interviews the way he described what happened to Victoria it just didn’t ring true.
I’d say like most of us speculating here , there is a whole heap of evidence that we are not privy to that may come out post trial.

One of the times that I was there, there was a social worker. Male and probably 50-60 years old. He has already done an interview with Sky given his take on it all and the probable outcome of this trial. A bit like the LL case, I’m sure the news channels have everything ready to go knowing the likely outcome of this trial.

I am not sure if we will ever hear the real story behind it all, but I don’t believe SS “just take” 4 children into care without a genuine concern/reason.

Without going into full details, he reassured me as well

• Heart

Tofino

VIP Member
I’m absolutely stunned at two more weeks of delays. This is far worse than Letby. The verdict is already on shaky ground being down to only 10 jurors and needing 9 for a majority. The legal submissions could even be the defence arguing about the delays, because whilst I don’t care for either of them, I imagine their legal teams will not be happy about the impact on the defendants waiting for a verdict. Unless the delays are due to one or both of them which can’t be reported (which would also be reasons for legal discussions). Hopefully all will become clear eventually but how frustrating.

Reactions: 33

Mrsell

I've just listened to the latest Trial podcast episodes and along with ridiculous suggestions that them squashing their tiny baby between them in a flimsy tent, in the piss down rain without a fucking coat to her name is equitable to any description of 'co-sleeping' that people will recognise, I'm infuriated by them continuing to refer to her wanting to 'cremate' her baby. Setting fire to your dead newborns body with some petrol you got from the local garage is not a bloody cremation. It's absolutely gross that it continues to be referred to as this

• Heart

Mums84

VIP Member
They have been deciding the culpability for Victoria's death, longer than Victoria got to live thanks to these idiots.

• Sad
  • Angry

neroli

VIP Member

A marten is a "weasel-like carnivore" just for good measure.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Multi-21

VIP Member
I hope it's not holidays.
Why? This trial was due to finish ages ago, they may have booked holidays six months in advance of knowing anything about having to do jury duty. I wouldn’t be giving up time with my family (which I may have struggled to afford, coordinate diaries with people etc)

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
@influenzas you're a kind hearted person and of course there are extenuating circumstances.

The law has to be dispassionate though. They've let several children down, one fatally.

• Heart

missymunch

Mr Munch recently did jury service . He was picked for a trial with 4 defendants lasting AT least 12 weeks they said . His company would only “top up “ his allowance from the court to his normal wage level . The issue is you claim the allowance at the end of the trial ! Therefore 3 months with no wages ! The judge excused him . He wanted to do it and asked the court could they give payment during trial every 4 weeks but they wouldn’t. This worries me as whole swathes of the population can NOT afford to attend jury service !
I only found out recently there is NO counselling afterwards and you are left to fend for yourself ! (I’m a therapist ) I have read that is changing.

• Sad
  • Wow

InchSchlong

What I find to be the saddest thing is that if they'd have just accepted the involvement of authorities, accepted help and support, learnt how to parent, they'd likely be living a pretty comfortable life with all 5 of their children. It could have been so very different for all of them.

I see, day in day out, families who make monumental changes to turn their situation around to be able to keep their children, people who have led a life of crime become good, hard working people, those who use their experiences to educate. Why couldn't these two just try to do the right thing?!

• Heart

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
I feel very sorry for the jury tbh. They were expecting this to be done with weeks ago, they have lives to live and all the stopping and starting and not knowing when it will end would make me feel really stressed out.

Aberscot

Chatty Member
Jury have been sent home for the day
The jury in the Old Bailey trial of Constance Marten and Mark Gordon, who are accused over the death of their baby, has been sent home.
Judge Mark Lucraft KC told them to return to resume deliberations next Thursday, 30 May.

FFS!

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Evening Standard reporting a little more detail of Prosecution closing speech. "Jesus was born in a barn, Yes, but Bethlehem is hardly a Skiing destination"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31