Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CookieZippy

VIP Member
I actually am a qualified teacher...I’m assuming you are just trying to be contentious here but my post wasn’t to do with having ‘issues with the media’ it was about how the education system is designed to create unquestioning compliance to the ‘correct narrative’.
And yes-what has Newsround got to do with teaching?

Maybe teaching is different now but where is the compliance to the "correct narrative" in most subjects? And how should it be done correctly?

I was out of work last summer. I left the effects business for a while as I was struggling with my health which was being exacerbated by the long hours we work. I went back to work on Dungeons and Dragons for a few weeks before heading to Greece for Expendables. I’m freelance, sometimes we work for months on end and sometimes it’s nothing for nearly a year ! I’m currently between jobs while my Husband is in Scotland on ‘Ananci Boys’.

I may not share your views and in fact I often find them bloody hilarious 😂 but don’t call me a liar 🤬
Which part of Greece?

No worries 😉

It’s mostly Bulgarian production companies out there at the moment. My husband was offered another few months this year on a Russell Crowe movie but he chose Scotland instead 🤷‍♀️
Just to clarify, the factchecking was for others. Not for me. 🤪 Your husband is not a Russell Crowe fan then? 🤣

Well I still haven't watched GOT and that's the truth :giggle:
Nor have I. Did not interest me. 😬

I believe you about facial recognition, why did I need to take a picture of myself and put my fingerprint when I was setting up my phone, for example?
Yeah I regret purchasing this phone, but it's probably what they are doing with all new phones?
Human beings are just being seen as a walking mass of data, and companies can make a lot of money by accessing that, and selling it on?
Also there is the obvious issues of hacking/tracking, having us under surveillance and abusing that?
I'm not going to lie it's scary, nothing is private or sacred anymore. 🤷‍♀️
I have not activated facial recognition on my phone and refuse to use fingerprint either. Thankfully my android didn't require it of me. I hate that our data is scraped and sold, with very little oversight.

You do realise though, this is a discussion forum and that tends to be the nature of them.
That people misrepresent their intentions in conversation so as to reaffirm their commitment to a particular world view?

No, had no idea. None at all.

Masks are great. Don't wear em if you don't like em.

Fair enough each to their own but do you still believe that thin piece of cloth is actually protecting you?
No, tshirt material and cotton are ineffective. KN95s are proven much more effective at preventing covid transmission under peer reviewed studies, and I avoided it for two years until my neighbour caught it (we share a hallway, and I don't usually mask up in the hallway). I wear kn95s now.

I will say that even the thin masks did wonderfully at preventing me from catching a cold at back to back conventions in the autumn when I was meeting upwards of 300+ people a day, events I normally get an awful cold or flu from. So that was a nice side effect.