Comedowntothewoods

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that the only sofa they have got for relaxing on? That hard blue curved thing? Think if I was paying 6k for a week I'd want something a bit better than that!

Reactions: 3
Is that the only sofa they have got for relaxing on? That hard blue curved thing? Think if I was paying 6k for a week I'd want something a bit better than that!
Yes I think that’s the only sitting room space outside of the random room at the bottom of the garden. For 6k a week you would be expecting far superior outside space and an additional living area in the main house.

Yes I think that’s the only sitting room space outside of the random room at the bottom of the garden. For 6k a week you would be expecting far superior outside space and an additional living area in the main house.
Most definitely, it's all style over substance. The only thing i actually like is the herringbone flooring 😂

Reactions: 2
Blimey £6600 for a week!! Flabbergasted! I’m sorry but there are far better properties on the holiday rental for much less too!
I couldn’t relax in that house - it is far too busy! I’d get a migraine! 😂

Reactions: 5
Looking at the ta&cs, you also have to remove yourself indoors from the garden at 10pm. That is going to cause issues as guests are going to lose track of time and the neighbours are going to get pissed off. The guests are not going to take kindly to the neighbours complaining and telling them to get indoors as there isn’t enough indoor seating and it doesn’t look very comfortable. Plus it will be hot in the summer and who wants to pay 6k and not be able to use the garden when you want?

It is going to get awful wear and tear very quickly and cost a fortune to keep looking ok - I suspect a lot of folk won’t get their £750 security deposit back

Watching with interest as was at a BBQ at the weekend with a whole lot of doctors and dentists and it seems we have some vaguely mutual acquaintances. I would say there is rather a lot of curiosity as to how this is all being funded. Put it this way - being an influencer is a whole lot more profitable than being a dentist. Even if the husband is going like the clappers, there’s only so many implants you can place!

Reactions: 10
Yes - the accounts make quite interesting reading as looks like the practice was jointly owned with another principal until quite recently. Promoting tasteless interior decor earns a lot of money from the looks of things. We were wondering if perhaps we were all the stupid ones then realised we don’t breach our children’s privacy online on the daily - priceless

Reactions: 4
Yes - the accounts make quite interesting reading as looks like the practice was jointly owned with another principal until quite recently. Promoting tasteless interior decor earns a lot of money from the looks of things. We were wondering if perhaps we were all the stupid ones then realised we don’t breach our children’s privacy online on the daily - priceless
The latest charge - house against the business?

No the charge is a floating charge against the assets of the business. Wouldn’t think the houses would be that - would expect Mr and Mrs Smurf to own at lest the family home personally. The Smurf house will be owned by then too as it looks like that income must be treated as sole trader income we can’t see any other registered company it’s going through.

The directors could have given personal guarantees alongside the floating charge - essentially pledging their personal assets which would be the houses but hopefully they wouldn’t have done that as that would not be sensible.

The 10pm out of the garden rule is madness. We’ve stayed in dozens of places in the south hams, Salcombe included and never heard of this at all. I wonder why they had had to include this? For £6K I’d expect to be a let to be in the garden whenever I wanted to be!

Reactions: 6
£6600!!!!!! A WEEK! That’s obscene. Money breeds money and all that.

The 10pm out of the garden rule is madness. We’ve stayed in dozens of places in the south hams, Salcombe included and never heard of this at all. I wonder why they had had to include this? For £6K I’d expect to be a let to be in the garden whenever I wanted to be!
I am sure the neighbours are furious about the impact of a huge renovation with inadequate parking, and now they have to live near a holiday let with inadequate parking.

You can bet they insisted on a garden curfew and that they intend to enforce it.

It’s all very well for absent owners to do massive, noisy and dirty renovations. It’s the neighbours who suffer through it. Ask me how I know. 😑

I am sure the neighbours are furious about the impact of a huge renovation with inadequate parking, and now they have to live near a holiday let with inadequate parking.

You can bet they insisted on a garden curfew and that they intend to enforce it.

It’s all very well for absent owners to do massive, noisy and dirty renovations. It’s the neighbours who suffer through it. Ask me how I know. 😑
The parking also looks problematic. We have 3 small kids and love a center Parcs/euro camps holiday as we can park right at the door and drop everything off. Shuttle runs to a local car park or having to wait for a space would be off putting. But it's the 10pm curfew that would be the killer. I assume that is why the garden room was added. The issue is noise though - that's why there is the curfew. So you could be in the garden room/living area with the doors open and the neighbours could still complain. Nightmare. Plus you have to spend all night saying to older kids: No. You can't go down the slide now, it's 10pm when you just want to relax and have a drink and a chat with your friends/family

I just had a nosey around Google Earth and it’s three steps to the pub (and B&B) directly opposite them and many people wouldn’t find that relaxing. Maybe The Old Inn Malborough has a curfew too? There’s also a service station about seven houses down the street.

No views, one parking spot, 10pm curfew, busy location and a trek to the beach if you have children and all their stuff. All yours for £6600 per week!

Last edited:
just thinking: the slide with drink involved 🙈. I hope they have very good public liability insurance is all I can say

• Haha
I just had a nosey around Google Earth and it’s three steps to the pub (and B&B) directly opposite them and many people wouldn’t find that relaxing. Maybe The Old Inn Malborough has a curfew too? There’s also a service station about seven houses down the street.

No views, one parking spot, 10pm curfew, busy location and a trek to the beach if you have children and all their stuff. All yours for £6600 per week!
To be fair, I’d be OK with the pub. But I would not be OK with coming back from the pub after a meal and being told to get out the garden at 10pm!

Best hope is that it’s grabbed onto as a place to go by the likes of a Clemmie Telford type. More money than sense and free promos on Instagram. Although presumably other influencers will expect a discount. 😵💫.

And crockery from the George@Asda range. I'd expect White Company and Conran at the very least for that price. Not that I would ever contemplate spending £6k to rent a house for a week mind - I'd want a share of ownership for that price.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
She should’ve bought a building plot and built a Grand Designs-esque glass box on it rather than knocking the living hell out of this. They had the budget and the experience to do it.

I hate open plan anyway so it was never going to be for me but it’s even worse when it’s at the expense of original character and beautiful design. Especially in such a landmark local piece of architecture. I hope she is more sensitive with it than the story suggests and treats it more as a restoration than an IG ‘reno’.

theankhouserenovation is a stunning example of how to do a renovation in style whilst keeping the character

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.