Comedowntothewoods

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Katie had an architect visit as soon as they moved in and discussed opening up the staircase all the way to the top floor.

Plans will no doubt be completed and submitted for approval while she’s still wittering on to her IG followers to ‘take your time with a renovation and find out what’s important to you’.

Totally disingenuous.

Reactions: 8
Surely it’s a listed building and will need permission to change extensively?
It will but most listings only apply to certain parts of the building and so you might be surprised (horrified?) at what can be done in most Grade II listed buildings.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
It did make me laugh when she said she was drawn to ‘this tiny room’ which is actually a huge room with lovely high ceilings 😂 most people would love that to be their living room and be happy

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Bullshit she doesn’t have plans in already, she knows exactly what she wants to do in that house. All these stories are as someone else has said groundwork for what’s coming.

Also Katie, stop begging for new patio. Yeah yours was stolen (not while you owned it though), the amount of money you will rake in with the new holiday home “The Smug House” ought to cover it. Stop being such a beggy mcbeggerston.

Reactions: 7
Bullshit she doesn’t have plans in already, she knows exactly what she wants to do in that house. All these stories are as someone else has said groundwork for what’s coming.

Also Katie, stop begging for new patio. Yeah yours was stolen (not while you owned it though), the amount of money you will rake in with the new holiday home “The Smug House” ought to cover it. Stop being such a beggy mcbeggerston.
You can see submitted plans on the council’s website, can’t you?

Reactions: 1
The smug house is so mismatching it makes me cringe and the amount of free products is disgusting. I think anyone hiring it would feel short-changed after about 10 mins of being in it. I don't understand why they chose that house to renovate and why do it like that. Things like the four bunk beds look awful. Also Malborough the village it's in doesn't have the parking for 10+ guests either and the house is right on the road, I know they made one space but they will have huffed up some locals I am sure.

Reactions: 5
Completely agree with you. It’s all such a hash of Insta hun cliches. It will date very quickly

I agree the bunks look crap.

Suspect she’ll be making money as a location house too.

I think people with pay £££ as it’s near Salcombe, it’s not called Chelsea on sea for nothing 😂

Reactions: 2
If I had the money to rent it I'd choose something just as big and luxurious looking at the sea of which Salcombe, Hope Cove, Bantham have aplenty. Not a midterrace squeeze.

Suspect she’ll be making money as a location house too.

I think people with pay £££ as it’s near Salcombe, it’s not called Chelsea on sea for nothing 😂
Agreed that it’ll be a location house primarily. Gotta get that ROI somehow.

I think this is why I found it quite incongruous that she harped on so much about accessibility: your average person, disabled or not, will not be able to afford it.

Reactions: 3
Prices have been released for the Smug House, eye wateringly expensive.
That must be why she had to do this cringey story. Is it sort of shaming her followers into booking a stay otherwise ‘the bank takes it off us’?

in any case, begging is never classy.

91985CF2-011C-4A95-9EA1-69961960EC1F.jpeg

Bookings go live at 9am, will be interesting to see how she reacts today on social media. If she has lots of bookings she’ll feign surprise, if not expect lots of posts of Smug House to get them.

£6635 for a five bed holiday house with no pool or view? One of those bedrooms crams four in....no thanks!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t think they’ve had any bookings. Can see a few blocked out dates but I’d bet that was them blocking their dates for the year out!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.