Comedowntothewoods

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes must have been a huge surprise! :rolleyes: not sure how seeing as it was there when you viewed the house! She's just letting everyone know she not only needs freebies for the main house but the coach house too.

Reactions: 11
This woman is utterly tone deaf. Bad enough that she has a second home in a place where local people can no longer afford to live, she is now bragging about her third 'bogof' home. Ugh.

Reactions: 8
Reminds me a lot of Me & Orla, who has been documenting these last couple of weeks how she’s desperately trying to raise £10k… to buy her French holiday home in cash. The tone deafness is astounding.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
They also have a home in North Yorkshire, unless that’s been sold.
Oh yes. I forgot about their little stone cottage (it genuinely is little, unlike the faux modesty they attach to the other houses). I bet you’re right and they have sold it now. The IG freebies and profits from a dental practice only go so far.

Surely if you are in a position to buy a holiday home in cash, 10k is a trifling sum?!
She raised it in 8 days or something. She’s bleated on about this house in France through the pandemic, while people were struggling. Don’t get me wrong, I think people should celebrate their accomplishments & if they can afford a house in France then fair enough, but it’s such a gross flex when people are choosing between eating and heating at the moment.

Reactions: 2
Reminds me a lot of Me & Orla, who has been documenting these last couple of weeks how she’s desperately trying to raise £10k… to buy her French holiday home in cash. The tone deafness is astounding.
Yes! I saw Me & Orla and the French place. People are struggling BIG TIME and they have the cheak to witter on about second homes. Not on 😡

Reactions: 2
She asked for gardener’s recommendations for the previous house not that long ago. Another shameless attempt at getting work done for free or heavily discounted.

She asked for gardener’s recommendations for the previous house not that long ago. Another shameless attempt at getting work done for free or heavily discounted.
shameless begging.
Also the whole ‘I don’t know what I’m doing with a garden’ pretence. Well you’ve just managed to redesign one in your house in Devon!

Reactions: 4
I know a few dentists and they are extremely wealthy. They all own the most expensive properties in the best areas around by me and acres of land and second, third homes.

Reactions: 5
I used to find her insta feed quite refreshing and honest compared to some influencer accounts, but it has all got too much lately with the constant ££££ spend. Also her overly gushy voice gets on my nerves. But i'm a nosy parker who likes looking at other people's houses so guess i'm still here for that!

Does she often make such a big deal over troll comments? Not sure why but her reaction is really winding me up, does it really need a story and a post :cautious:

Reactions: 7
Wahhhh - my mansion is toooo dark so I’m going to wreck it and smash all the walls down.

• Haha
  • Sad
Katie really is disingenuous.

What’s important to her is LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT, so she purchased a Victorian home with dark interiors. And despite being a highly educated professional, she doesn't have the critical thinking skills to work out why period homes weren't built more open plan to take advantage of the light.

She could Google but I’m going to give her some pointers: homes with rooms that can be shut off are easier to heat with open fires; rooms with fewer and/or smaller windows stay warmer and also mean the furnishings don’t fade as quickly; homes with servants need areas separated by walls and doors for privacy; large pieces of glass were historically more difficult to make.

But really, Katie doesn’t want to know any of that - she’s just laying the groundwork for her followers. She wants her 2022 Instagram trend light and airy mansion for schilling, so she’ll knock down the walls, she’ll put panelling in what would have been the servant bedrooms, she’ll tack another ugly modern glass box on the back, she will paint the fireplaces lurid colours, and she will replace every goddam last piece of furniture.

Including the yellow sofa and beloved dining table.

2D3F2C21-D34C-4337-A13B-F2054E82E98B.jpeg

4BFE45CD-EF90-4F42-8C91-0F860B9FEA10.jpeg

8CA894B6-30CF-4BA0-B458-45656F9A6498.jpeg

FF711423-285E-4D91-949E-6B98514BA70C.jpeg

Last edited:
Why is she calling troll because somebody posted a comment she didnt like? Hun, that's not trolling its called "an opinion"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Katie really is disingenuous.

What’s important to her is LIGHT LIGHT LIGHT, so she purchased a Victorian home with dark interiors. And despite being a highly educated professional, she doesn't have the critical thinking skills to work out why period homes weren't built more open plan to take advantage of the light.

She could Google but I’m going to give her some pointers: homes with rooms that can be shut off are easier to heat with open fires; rooms with fewer and/or smaller windows stay warmer and also mean the furnishings don’t fade as quickly; homes with servants need areas separated by walls and doors for privacy; large pieces of glass were historically more difficult to make.

But really, Katie doesn’t want to know any of that - she’s just laying the groundwork for her followers. She wants her 2022 Instagram trend light and airy mansion for schilling, so she’ll knock down the walls, she’ll put panelling in what would have been the servant bedrooms, she’ll tack another ugly modern glass box on the back, she will paint the fireplaces lurid colours, and she will replace every goddam last piece of furniture.

Including the yellow sofa and beloved dining table.

View attachment 1210050

View attachment 1210053

View attachment 1210038

View attachment 1210055
She should’ve bought a building plot and built a Grand Designs-esque glass box on it rather than knocking the living hell out of this. They had the budget and the experience to do it.

I hate open plan anyway so it was never going to be for me but it’s even worse when it’s at the expense of original character and beautiful design. Especially in such a landmark local piece of architecture. I hope she is more sensitive with it than the story suggests and treats it more as a restoration than an IG ‘reno’.

Reactions: 9
I think she’s going to ‘reno’ the tit out of it.

She’s prepping her followers - I AM MAGNETISED TO LIGHT! - so they don’t all revolt and unfollow when she starts gutting the house.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.