Comedians you don’t find funny…

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Watching “The Last Leg”. I can’t understand a thing Rosie Jones says, so have no clue if she’s funny or not. Guess that makes her not funny for me, no matter how I try.
I sometimes feel bad for being irritated when she is on anything. And feel obligated to laugh otherwise I look like a tit. If her material was good enough these thoughts wouldn't even happen.
There was another comedian - Francesca Martinez - who has cerebral palsy and was genuinely funny. She used to be in Grange Hill. Don't hear of her any more for some reason. (I'm not saying all comedians with CP are the same and interchangeable - just that Rosie Jones is not the first).

Reactions: 7
I sometimes feel bad for being irritated when she is on anything. And feel obligated to laugh otherwise I look like a tit. If her material was good enough these thoughts wouldn't even happen.
There was another comedian - Francesca Martinez - who has cerebral palsy and was genuinely funny. She used to be in Grange Hill. Don't hear of her any more for some reason. (I'm not saying all comedians with CP are the same and interchangeable - just that Rosie Jones is not the first).
Agreed, I am glad there are more diverse comedians, and especially more women. I always remember watching mock the week and, especially in the part about "things you would never hear", you always saw how any male comedian would rush on even when it was clear a woman was about to go for it, but she is just not funny (not saying all - or even most- of the famous ones are) but reaction she gets is so exagerrated

Reactions: 2
I absolutely can’t abide him, finger nails down a blackboard level of dislike
Ooh I can't bear him or his sycophants.
Two American comedians/comediennes I loathe are Sarah Silverman & Chelsea Handler. As amusing as piles. I don't get them at all.

I follow Francesca on social media as I’m a bit of a fan. She currently has a critically acclaimed play she stars in and, I think, wrote.

Her book is bleeping excellent if you ever get the chance to read it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I took the delivery of Rosie's jokes out of it to see if I was being an arse - aka would the jokes be funny if told by someone else. The answer was still no.
Surely she can do something else for a living. She is not funny at all and is very difficult to understand.

Surely she can do something else for a living. She is not funny at all and is very difficult to understand.
She's a writer for comedy shows such as Would I Lie to You, The Last Leg, 8 out of 10 cats etc. I think someone must have said to her 'you write great material why don't you do stand up'. Comedy timing is key though and it just doesn't work with her condition as the delivery and punch lines fall flat. She should just stick to writing for others.

Reactions: 9

Here is the link to the Francesca Martinez play I mentioned before, in case anyone is interested in what she’s up to these days.

Reactions: 5
Jo Brand.

A truly abnoxious and callous witch, who isn't funny and has done the 'fat' and 'degrading' jokes to death.

When she advocated chucking acid at certain people, made me irreversably change my opinion of her. It doesn't matter how much you hate someone, no one deserves having life changing acid thrown at them.

A nasty woman who should have been barred (or given a lengthy suspension) from TV for making such comments.
And I'm sure she was a mental health nurse at one time 🤯

Reactions: 4
She's a writer for comedy shows such as Would I Lie to You, The Last Leg, 8 out of 10 cats etc. I think someone must have said to her 'you write great material why don't you do stand up'. Comedy timing is key though and it just doesn't work with her condition as the delivery and punch lines fall flat. She should just stick to writing for others.
I didn’t know she was a writer for those shows but it makes sense. I’d rather share a bath with a toaster than watch any of them.

Comedy has really nosedived in the last few years.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Comedy has really nosedived in the last few years.
10 years ago I watched all the comedy shows available on terrestrial TV and freeview. However since then tv comedy has gone downhill. Most of the tv comics suddenly took themselves too seriously and tried to be the cleverest wittiest person in the room. They are now so unfunny it hurts. Maybe I've just got older.

Reactions: 9
10 years ago I watched all the comedy shows available on terrestrial TV and freeview. However since then tv comedy has gone downhill. Most of the tv comics suddenly took themselves too seriously and tried to be the cleverest wittiest person in the room. They are now so unfunny it hurts. Maybe I've just got older.
No you are right. They're just not funny.

Reactions: 5
Late to the party but I just can't go Rosie Jones at all. To the extent that I switch a program off if she's on it . Chris Mc causland is another I don't find funny. Or Richard ayoade.

Late to the party but I just can't go Rosie Jones at all. To the extent that I switch a program off if she's on it . Chris Mc causland is another I don't find funny. Or Richard ayoade.
Rosie Jones just no. No no no.

Reactions: 8
Just have to say I love your avatar. I honestly find Audrey Tatou breathtaking to look at. So exquisite. Hope she doesn't get fillers & fox eyes. It would be a tragedy! 😭
She’s absolutely beautiful, isn’t she? So unique. Amelie is one of my all time favourite films. I don’t see her going down the fillers route tbh! At least I hope not.

• Heart