Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tiantian1005

Chatty Member
I know this may sound like a joke but I had a week really bad sleep 2 months ago literally 1-2 hours a night rest with my eyes wide open. I started drinking tart cherry juice 500ml every night and since then slept really well even managed to have a few days pass 7am which never happened to me before even in weekends.

Reactions: 1

elttat

That's horrible, I'm sorry. The feeling is so much worse when it's in your gut too. Are you still communicating about this with him? You posted this a couple of weeks ago now so I hope youre doing better and are getting some sleep!!
Thanks love - it's ironic that you posted this because we've had a barny about this tonight haha.

He shared something with me about himself that explains the distance but whenever I check in to see how that thing's affecting him, he gets all awkward and downplays it - he's embarrassed but I've tried explaining that this thing has made me feel insecure and I need to be able to talk to/ask him about it.

I repeated the exact terminology he's used in the past and he's straight up gaslighted me, denying the seriousness of this thing and now I feel even more hurt and anxious. I hate that he can't own the shit he says - regardless of how awkward it is.

I've forced him into therapy and he seems to be loving it but he won't do therapy with me. I do feel like having someone who can moderate our difficult conversations would make all the difference...

Sleep has been better though!

• Heart

CherryAcid

VIP Member
Dont you hate how when your alarm goes off youre suddenly so sleepy?
For the past few months I have been waking up a couple of hours into my sleep and then not falling back for a couple of hours. I try to go to bed around 10 if my shfits permit it but I am always waking up around 1 or 3 and then struggling.

• Heart
Hey , fellow insomniacs .... I have had trouble sleeping for years but sertraline 150mg has taken it to new levels .Plus terrible restless legs .
I have just went back to work after 4 months off .
I was on Zoplicone for two months then it stopped working , tried Trazadone / diazepam with no joy . I have went back to taking zoplicone after a months break and it does work if I take it very occasionally.
Im on a graded return currently ... which I’m grateful for , much less hours and shifts starting at 1 pm.
It won’t be long till I’m back at 5.30 am starts though .... sometimes I don’t fall asleep till 7 am . It’s torture .
I have ziplicone which I take very rarely, doesn’t work on me unfortunately

Lord Voldemort

Hey , fellow insomniacs .... I have had trouble sleeping for years but sertraline 150mg has taken it to new levels .Plus terrible restless legs .
I have just went back to work after 4 months off .
I was on Zoplicone for two months then it stopped working , tried Trazadone / diazepam with no joy . I have went back to taking zoplicone after a months break and it does work if I take it very occasionally.
Im on a graded return currently ... which I’m grateful for , much less hours and shifts starting at 1 pm.
It won’t be long till I’m back at 5.30 am starts though .... sometimes I don’t fall asleep till 7 am . It’s torture .
I'm on 200mg of sertraline and my sleep is so bad. Zopiclone hardly makes a difference either, I take promethazine as well but i seem to always be awake until 4/5am

I used to be on a really strong antihistamine and it was the only thing that tended to help, unfortunately I’m currently on citalopram and they can’t be taken together

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
I slipped on some flooring and fell backwards - had no control but somehow managed to steady myself.

Might some a bit dramatic but it was truly terrifying. Especially as I live alone and wouldn't have been able to call out to anyone,

Not dramatic at all. Glad you're OK though!

• Heart

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I work shifts so I have no sleep pattern at all. I often find myself struggling to sleep even though I'm exhausted. I'm currently on a nightshift. I am back in on earlies friday so I need to try and wake up early today.
My anxiety has been really bad lately due to stuff happening at home so I have been awake a lot, I have plowed through so many books though, I'm averaging about 3 a week.

Bingewatcher92

how are you doing today? X
So so, tried to keep as busy as possible. Managed to get a couple of hours sleep this afternoon but keep having the most vivid dreams when I do. Hate that. Thank you so much for asking. X

I haven't seen Afterlife - I adore Kerry Godliman but dislike Gervais. I've heard good things though. Ironically my BIL and his daughter watched it.

Oh goodness what a date for you. ❤ I hope you're able to mark the day how you feel you're able to. Xx
Ironically I watched the first series with my fiancé to, and we both loved it.
I find so many things ironic now, I can’t pick things out of everything that I feel I should of noticed or realised. Even though logically I did all I could. Thank you ❤ All the anniversaries seem to come at once. ill be okay 🙂

• Heart

Lord Voldemort

Glad I've come across this! I'm currently watching old Vlogmas videos because I can't switch my brain off and they make for easy viewing. I was prescribed some sleeping tablets today, I've taken them before with good results so hoping for the best & hoping tonight will be my last sleepless night for a while! 🙏

CherryAcid

VIP Member
Oh i have to read or I just wind myself up and fight with my duvet. I've been reading 80s style slasher novels since March and my dreams have been either full on horror movie or full on dirty sex with inappropriate men :ROFLMAO:

Yes I have today and Thurs off so I'm just going to use those days to catch up on housework. I really want to get back into exercise too, its been a few years since I worked out regularly and I do miss it.

• Wow

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I've just been up with my youngest. Not being able to fall asleep is the worst , especially when you lie down in bed and it's as if you become even more awake

elttat

Oh no 🙁... are you ok?
Not really, thanks for asking!
I just have this feeling in my gut that my partner isn't really into me anymore.
He's far less affectionate than he was before. I see him regularly and he's lovely, we get on really well etc. but he just doesn't really touch me anymore.

It makes me feel very unattractive and sad because my love language is very much physical touch.

I've brought it up before and he's tried to do better, but something in him has changed hence the distance.

• Sad

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Oh i have to read or I just wind myself up and fight with my duvet. I've been reading 80s style slasher novels since March and my dreams have been either full on horror movie or full on dirty sex with inappropriate men :ROFLMAO:

Yes I have today and Thurs off so I'm just going to use those days to catch up on housework. I really want to get back into exercise too, its been a few years since I worked out regularly and I do miss it.
I couldn't sleep if I read books like that! I'm no good at horror films either.

Thought I was the only one!
Glad to have found this thread.... will return when insomnia hits me again undoutedbly in a few days time...
We should turn this into a late night club, a place to chat shit and pass away the hours 😂

Ponponpon

VIP Member
Bless you. My sleep has been ridiculous for a while now. I lost my fiancé to suicide just over a year ago and probably since then. Drives me mad. What do you do?
Oh sending much love. We lost my BIL the same way just over a year ago too. I feel like I failed him daily. The Manics lied in that song. Thinking of you ❤❤❤

...I can’t sleep. Night shifts, then no night shifts hits me hard. After 72 hours solid awake the doctor prescribed diazepam. It seems I’m immune to it. I feel no different.
So. Is anyone else struggling to sleep? Want a thread to come and chat about nothing at 4am when it feels like the whole world is asleep but you?
Diazepam didn't work on me when I was prescribed it. How regular are your nights shifts? I know people who do 4 on and 4 off. It's tough.

• Heart