Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
Aw what a cutie though. I have the dog with me too as per but my sons in his bed, he doesn’t like sleeping with me anymore 😄 I’ve never watched greys anatomy - I should do though as heard lots about it.
I’m only on something like the 5th episode of the first season but so far it seems good.

Hi 👋🏼

can I jump on and join the gang 🤣

usually a very shit sleeper anyway (asleep about 3am) but I’m on my first night shift tonight. Roll on 8am 🥴🥴
night shifts are about the only time the tiredness hits. Around 4am. Hang in there!

I’ve only slept for two hours in the past 48 hours and now I’m not tired at all it’s like I’ve gone past feeling tired. Dunno what to do. Do any of you get prescribed sleeping tablets?
I seem to be immune to them so can’t comment personally, however I administer them at work to my patients (I only administer meds, don’t prescribe) and yes they seem to be effective. Various meds have various effects, some leave a user feeling groggy throughout the day but they tend to be the old fashioned first generation antihistamine types. More recent and specific label sleeping aids tend to be very effective these days with minimal disruption to daily life. Obviously you’ll need a good chat with your GP about your sleep habits and to discuss any other medication you may be on, some tablets help you fall asleep, others work by keeping you asleep. You want one with as short a half possible whilst still being effective for you personally.

Last edited:

Ponponpon

VIP Member
I’m so sorry to hear this, I really am. My inbox is always open if you need a chat, vent, rage, anything x

I’m a palliative nurse. Crazy shifts.

At the moment it’s pretty random, staffing issues etc we weren’t fully staffed before Covid hit
Oh goodness what an emotional role you do; I can't imagine the pressures. Do you know the cause behind why you can't sleep,is it the inconsistency if shifts?

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
Oh goodness what an emotional role you do; I can't imagine the pressures. Do you know the cause behind why you can't sleep,is it the inconsistency if shifts?
It’s a privilege, I adore my job 😊

I think I just get to the point that I’m too tired to sleep if you know what I mean? Sounds, even expected ones such as closing a cupboard door, will send a jolt through my body. I just need resetting I think. A night or two of decent sleep and I’ll be back to normal i think. I’m never a heavy sleeper, and I’ve always woken a few times each night but I’ve never had a problem getting back to sleep, well nothing more than a hot drink would solve. At the moment I just can’t fall asleep at all. It’s not nights of broken sleep but literally no sleep ☹

Ponponpon

VIP Member
It’s a privilege, I adore my job 😊

I think I just get to the point that I’m too tired to sleep if you know what I mean? Sounds, even expected ones such as closing a cupboard door, will send a jolt through my body. I just need resetting I think. A night or two of decent sleep and I’ll be back to normal i think. I’m never a heavy sleeper, and I’ve always woken a few times each night but I’ve never had a problem getting back to sleep, well nothing more than a hot drink would solve. At the moment I just can’t fall asleep at all. It’s not nights of broken sleep but literally no sleep ☹
😟 I knows what you mean. Not the same but I woke at 3 and my alarm goes off in an hour do I just haven't bothered. Are you at least able to rest- you're not frantically cleaning the house or anything are you?

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I like the idea of a late night club!!
I love escaping in horror novels, especially set in the 80s. I envy people who fall asleep as soon as their head hits the pillow.

Ponponpon

VIP Member
No I’m watching Netflix. I don’t frantically do anything don’t worry 😂

ah the timing sucks doesn’t it. I try not to clock watch or I’ll find myself mentally calculating and I’ll start bargaining with myself “if I fall asleep in the next five minutes I’ll have x amount of sleep”
😂😂
I do the same clockwatching too. It's a bitch. Anything good in Netflix?

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
Me too! I never seem to sleep when husband is on nights ... but often when he’s gone home I’m kept awake by his snoring (can’t complain I snore too when I do manage some zzz’s). It’s rubbish isn’t it
It's weird. I enjoy my husbands snoring unless it's right in my ear 😂😂 he's a heavy sleeper, falls asleep straight away and that's him until morning. I am so jealous of him!!

Coffeefirst19

Chatty Member
It wasn’t too bad actually. I was dreading it. I felt tired at 12 for a little bit then after 2 I was fine. Lagged a little at 7 but finished at 8 and now I’m wide awake!! I’m just hoping I get a good sleep as I’m back tonight 🙈😫

I’m only on something like the 5th episode of the first season but so far it seems good.

night shifts are about the only time the tiredness hits. Around 4am. Hang in there!

I seem to be immune to them so can’t comment personally, however I administer them at work to my patients (I only administer meds, don’t prescribe) and yes they seem to be effective. Various meds have various effects, some leave a user feeling groggy throughout the day but they tend to be the old fashioned first generation antihistamine types. More recent and specific label sleeping aids tend to be very effective these days with minimal disruption to daily life. Obviously you’ll need a good chat with your GP about your sleep habits and to discuss any other medication you may be on, some tablets help you fall asleep, others work by keeping you asleep. You want one with as short a half possible whilst still being effective for you personally.

BoujeeBabe

VIP Member
I've been struggling to sleep the past few nights, despite being up early for work. It's because I have a lay in when I'm off, so I'm not that tired, but like to cuddle up in bed because I'm absolutely fed up right now - no win situation! 😟 I'm off work after Friday for 2 weeks and I just feel so flat - want to be in work to give me a purpose each day and to have conversation, so I feel absolutely fed up. 😞

Maid22

VIP Member
Yay me again, have felt soo tired all day but had stuff I needed to do to keep the peace, now I'm bleddy wide awake .

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
Resurrecting this thread as I’ve noticed a lot of people struggling to sleep recently. @MrsOgre I saw your comment on the ptwm thread.
Happy 3am people 🙁

Fancyfeathers

Chatty Member
Hey good morning I've not slept bloody heartburn 😫 nothings working and i can't take Gaviscon Rennie's settlers etc so its sugar free polo's and milk that usually works but yep nothing at the moment

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I thought animals ones just say motion ... or at least that’s what it says when there is a fox. Shouldn’t have bloody googled it though because now it’s talking about heat sensors and accurate person detection.Stupid thing does your head in when your home alone ... not helped by the fact that I lost two sets of door keys recently 🙄
Don’t worry, I know ring doorbells aren’t always accurate, my one goes off randomly sometimes too, so I wouldn’t trust it completely. Maybe try something to ease your mind and relax a bit?