Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sdmilne

I'm guessing that they probably know they don't have a hope in hell of actually winning the legal battle...

Reactions: 3

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm planning on buying a Swiss roll to make a cheats Colin. It probably will look a bit shit but will entertain me the kids.

I'm tempted to break with convention and get a vanilla strawberry to chocolate frost then stick things on 🤔

Captainmouse

VIP Member
You are missing a trick with Lidl, yes its a little drab and the aisle of wonder is 9 times out of 10 shite from a kleeneze catalogue but the alcohol is more than decent and the bakery ,fresh fruit and veg is excellent value.
I'm loving the memes and the suggestion of an S&M caterpillar.
I tried the fresh fruit and veg but it ended up in the compost it seems to rot on the way home, all well in date but off

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Say it anyway hun.

Lidl I didn't like- their chocolate was good though.

Saturday shopping at Asda in Wembley was the highlight of my week as a kid.

I just go to whatever's closest. I don't have a car and hate carrying heavy bags.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

Meh

Chatty Member
Battered Colin looks disgusting. I don't think I could anything chocolate that had been battered.
It looks rancid, doesn’t it?
I may be classed as a fake Scot but the idea of a battered Mars bar gives me the fear. Battered colin also gives me nightmares.

Yel

Chatty Member
I find it funny people on twitter are still going on about aldi and calling them marketing geniuses.

Fair play they had a good afternoon, but loads of their stuff is cringy try hard. Learn to give up while you're ahead.

The ghosts of Socrates, Aristotle and Plato need not worry.

1619182439334.png

sdmilne

Looking at Twitter some people don't actually understand that Colin has been raising money for years for Macmillan. They seem to think this is some fab idea that Aldi have had and M&S aren't responding.

If M&S plan to go through with taking Aldi to court they have to be careful with what they respond on social media.
Being careful is exactly why they are saying so little. Aldi's tear emoji earlier suggests they are shitting themselves.

BigMavis

VIP Member
Why are they so out of touch though? Do they employ unimaginative social media people or is that team being kept on a tight leash. I think the word I'm looking for is naff. Sometimes the least said is easiest mended and it might be true in this case as Aldi have somewhat run away with themselves here.
Unrelated but do Aldi have a queue on Christmas eve from 8am, cos marksies do.

sdmilne

Why are they so out of touch though? Do they employ unimaginative social media people or is that team being kept on a tight leash. I think the word I'm looking for is naff. Sometimes the least said is easiest mended and it might be true in this case as Aldi have somewhat run away with themselves here.
Unrelated but do Aldi have a queue on Christmas eve from 8am, cos marksies do.

They'd need to improve the quality of their food first for that to ever happen.