Club football

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Football absolutely kills me man!! Went from Monday night thinking play offs were out of reach to today thinking we will do it. I’m sure this can’t be healthy 😭

Reactions: 2
Football absolutely kills me man!! Went from Monday night thinking play offs were out of reach to today thinking we will do it. I’m sure this can’t be healthy 😭
There is no other thing or person in the world that we would tolerate being treated the way we are/do than our football clubs.

Reactions: 3
I 100% think that somethings gone down between Dyche and the owners. Time will tell but seems so weird to sack him (let’s be real he wouldn’t leave by mutual consent) after 9 and a half years, when they have a more favourable run in to stay up.

I can’t decide whether I think it’s good that they’ve sacked him or not. I’ve no idea who they will get in.
One way for other players and managers to be put off by them!
I honestly never thought they’d do this but clearly something’s gone wrong! No way for the fans to say goodbye!

I wonder who will replace him!

One way for other players and managers to be put off by them!
I honestly never thought they’d do this but clearly something’s gone wrong! No way for the fans to say goodbye!

I wonder who will replace him!
Are you a Burnley fan?

My first thought for replacement temporarily genuinely went to Big Sam, but I think he’d want more than the remaining games and I think Burnley would want something else. I could see them going for Rooney in the summer but would he go to them? I swear if they get Sam or Benitez and Burnley stay up and we go down I’ll lose the plot.

I’m still undecided whether I think it’s a good thing or not.

I do think it’s harsh/disrespectful to Dyche who made Burnley what it is. I like him

Reactions: 1
Are you a Burnley fan?

My first thought for replacement temporarily genuinely went to Big Sam, but I think he’d want more than the remaining games and I think Burnley would want something else. I could see them going for Rooney in the summer but would he go to them? I swear if they get Sam or Benitez and Burnley stay up and we go down I’ll lose the plot.

I’m still undecided whether I think it’s a good thing or not.

I do think it’s harsh/disrespectful to Dyche who made Burnley what it is. I like him
Not a Burnley fan no, just love football and think they’ve got this very wrong!

Reactions: 4
It is baffling. I wonder what has gone on behind the scenes. But for 9.5 years of Dyche to end like that, after he has kept them in the Premier League for so long on a shoe string budget, well they say there is no loyalty in football. The Burnley board are money men, not football people. Like Henry Winter said this morning, surely they needed new players in the transfer window, not a new manager with 8 games to go.

Are any of my fellow LFC fans actually going to the game today? I cant go, im gutted even though i think Wembley should only be used for the final!! I remember going to Old Trafford in 2006 to watch our semi final against Chelsea and it was brilliant! But anyway, i wonder how things are going to be given the train issues.

Reactions: 5
Are any of my fellow LFC fans actually going to the game today? I cant go, im gutted even though i think Wembley should only be used for the final!! I remember going to Old Trafford in 2006 to watch our semi final against Chelsea and it was brilliant! But anyway, i wonder how things are going to be given the train issues.

Have to agree on this bring back a neutral ground somewhere inbetween the two teams.

It is baffling. I wonder what has gone on behind the scenes. But for 9.5 years of Dyche to end like that, after he has kept them in the Premier League for so long on a shoe string budget, well they say there is no loyalty in football. The Burnley board are money men, not football people. Like Henry Winter said this morning, surely they needed new players in the transfer window, not a new manager with 8 games to go.
This is why I think somethings gone on behind the scenes, too fishy. He’s spoken out about wanting to spend money before in the past hasn’t he?

City fan, I wanted to go but with the train issues decided not to. Also I’m working tonight so would’ve had to book it off, booked off the final weekend instead just in case we get through. Looking at teams though I don’t think we will win, hopefully I’m proven wrong 🤞

I watched Spurs v Brighton earlier. What a dull, boring game. Just what value do Brighton bring to the league? Potter is made to play attractive, entertaining football yet everytime I see them play they are as dull as dishwater.

Watching Liverpool v Citeh now. Hoping it is more amusing.

I think Brighton have a few good players but collectively they’re a bit “meh” at times. My BF is a Brighton fan and he’s always saying they someone who can attack and actually finish.

Ok, Man City have turned up and appear to be treating it like a preseason game, gently passing it around at the back as if they are winning 6-0 and along comes Mane to remind them this is in fact an actual game.

Absolutely cracking 1st half, hopefully more of the same.
Although i am absolutely disgusted and so upset regarding the city fans chanting during the minutes silence, i honestly didnt think they were that bad. I would have expected that from the united lot, but not city. Im glad City have made an official statement, but its still absolutely disgusting. Im obviously glad we are winning, but even more so following that incident.

I’m glad they called it out. I’m also glad City have put out a statement.

I’m sure it’s a small minority as with any club but of who you support if you make fun of any club for a tragedy that cost lives then you are lower than scum. If you sing about people dying just because of the club they’re linked with you’re absolutely fucked in the head.

Like for that moment put things aside and just be a decent person, you don’t even have to do anything just shut up for like one minute then you never have to think about them again.

I think they should just do a minutes applause for anything like that, there’s always fans of the other clubs that ruin the silences.
But imo should just not do anything people always ruin things even if a minutes applause like with the Munich air disaster if there was a minutes applause people would just do plane gestures like fans have in the past.

Nah, rivalries are the lifeblood of football but when there’s a minutes silence for something or someone - you shut the duck up.

I think they should just do a minutes applause for anything like that, there’s always fans of the other clubs that ruin the silences.
But imo should just not do anything people always ruin things even if a minutes applause like with the Munich air disaster if there was a minutes applause people would just do plane gestures like fans have in the past.
I think a minutes applause would be best too. 95% of applauding fans would drown out 5% of twats.

When I was staying up near Manchester, I knew a United fan and a Liverpool fan. The Liverpool fan thought the plane gestures and calling United “Munichs” was banter and the United fan would be the guy to sing during the Hillsborough silence and comment “no one cares lol” on posts about it…but they’d both think the other was out of order.

Neither of them got the hypocrisy, like you’re both crappy human beings.

I know like 99% of Liverpool and United fans are not like these two btw and yes, Wolves have hole fans too.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.