Cliff Richard

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He was wheeled out onto the news last week with Paul Gambo to argue for anonymity after arrest.

Sorry Cliff but the old-school (near retirement) coppers I worked with 20 years ago we’re telling me back then what an absolute n once you were. I think that ship has well and truly sailed.

Reactions: 18
He was wheeled out onto the news last week with Paul Gambo to argue for anonymity after arrest.

Sorry Cliff but the old-school (near retirement) coppers I worked with 20 years ago we’re telling me back then what an absolute n once you were. I think that ship has well and truly sailed.
Yes i heard this too.

Reactions: 6

See - this is what I don't understand. If there is evidence that cliff has been up to no good - when his house was raided was the perfect time for the concerns to be raised and investigated. Thats why the police made it so public - to get people to come forward.

And nobody did!!!

So - is it because he's connected to people and no one will talk???

Or - is it because he is exactly what he seems - a guy with a closely guarded private life, possibly because so he's far in the closet he lives in Narnia???

But honestly - if people have evidence - evidence not rumours - that cliff is a badun, please, please, please go to the police.

Please try and get justice for any victims before he dies. Unlike saville's victims!!!

Reactions: 12

I didn't see it, but I'd guess he came across cold and not giving a monkeys about people, as I've always thought.

Was anyone else surprised that he was friends with Jill Dando? What did they have in common? He cropped up on an itv programme about her a couple of years ago.

See - this is what I don't understand. If there is evidence that cliff has been up to no good - when his house was raided was the perfect time for the concerns to be raised and investigated. Thats why the police made it so public - to get people to come forward.

And nobody did!!!

So - is it because he's connected to people and no one will talk???

Or - is it because he is exactly what he seems - a guy with a closely guarded private life, possibly because so he's far in the closet he lives in Narnia???

But honestly - if people have evidence - evidence not rumours - that cliff is a badun, please, please, please go to the police.

Please try and get justice for any victims before he dies. Unlike saville's victims!!!
Is it possible that people did come forward and he was questioned, but there was no evidence to bring charges due to the time that had elapsed? We've only heard his side of the story.

Or maybe victims didn't feel comfortable speaking up and would rather draw a line under their experiences.

Or maybe he's completely innocent, like you say

I do wonder did some of the rumours about him around kids just stem from old fashioned homophobia. I'm sure he is gay, and would have been so in a time when gays were often considered 'perverts' and kids were advised to stay away from them (although the parents didn't always explicitly refer to the sexuality, as I understand it. Just that someone was 'weird')

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I didn't see it, but I'd guess he came across cold and not giving a monkeys about people, as I've always thought.

Was anyone else surprised that he was friends with Jill Dando? What did they have in common? He cropped up on an itv programme about her a couple of years ago.

Is it possible that people did come forward and he was questioned, but there was no evidence to bring charges due to the time that had elapsed? We've only heard his side of the story.

Or maybe victims didn't feel comfortable speaking up and would rather draw a line under their experiences.

I do wonder did some of the rumours about him around kids just stem from old fashioned homophobia. I'm sure he is gay, and would have been so in a time when gays were often considered 'perverts' and kids were advised to stay away from them (although the parents didn't always explicitly refer to the sexuality, as I understand it. Just that someone was 'weird')
I also wonder if this is part of issue.

But I honestly think if, like with saville, people came out telling broadly the same story, it would have went to trial.

Look at William Roache trial - evidence was scant and not properly investigated but it got to trial. If they had, say 10 people giving approximately the same story, I think they would have ran with it and charged him.

After saville, I really don't think the police and DPP could take an other storm with Cliff.

But I know that I'm not a good judge of character - so maybe he is an absolute pervert. Or maybe he's not!!! Who knows 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 3

He was pulled in to be questioned more times than is usual post the JD murder. Bless her heart.

Reactions: 5
I’m not a fan of cliff - but I need some thing other than rumour to believe he is anything more than a closet gay who didn’t feel comfortable to come out.
He is 82 - and I understand that back then would have had to present himself as the bachelor type rather than be out (if he is gay).

So far, I have only heard rumour.
Has there been any named individuals who have been involved with him? I’m comparing him to someone like Schofield who was involved with a very young man, who it seems he met when he was a child and has since been shat on from a fairly great height.

Reactions: 4
Just thinking about Cliff's conversion to "born again" Christianity.

Was this genuinely a move of faith OR was it a tactical move to preserve his squeaky clean image, especially if there were rumours floating about?

I don't think the conversion to christianity was just a move to preserve his clean image. He was born in India where his aunt was a missionary if I remember correctly. I think he had a religious upbringing.

Reactions: 4
I felt really sick seeing him at Wimbledon today. He really needs to exit the stage quietly and quickly.

every time i see him trending on twitter, I hope its for thr right reason, not as yet though

Why was he friends with Jill Dando? What did they have in common? They were different generations, surely.

God yes he was awful today at Wimbledon.
I literally cannot look at him he creeps me out so much.

I am not quite sure what to make of some of these posts. I am half expecting to read that Biggins is Putin’s right hand man.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Why was he friends with Jill Dando? What did they have in common? They were different generations, surely.
I don't think age necessarily affects friendships, I have friends who are 20 years older than me and others who are 20 years younger!

I felt really sick seeing him at Wimbledon today. He really needs to exit the stage quietly and quickly.
One of the most prestigious sporting events in the world with a pick of literally anyone to perform, and they decide to wheel out Kitty because he shows up for the big games every year 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: 2
Well, you could knock me down with a feather after reading some of these comments. Only read two pages and just have to say that I can't believe it.

I always remember him performing with the shadows to screaming, adoring fans, and Sue Barker being his girlfriend.

As for the poster saying that Cliff used to dress as a girl, call himself Christine, and hang around Kings Cross, I really don't believe it. He'd have been mobbed. Surely it was a lookalike.

Also, I have to say that he's always been so very busy touring and working, and has spent most of his time recently living in his Caribbean home, that I find it difficult to believe he'd interfere with children. He was a broken man after the police raided his British home and had a lot of support from friends. If anything was amiss it would have come out by now. Nobody, that I am aware of, has ever come forward with allegations.