Cliff Richard

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BBC 4 now.. showing a "Cliff - Years at the BBC"...... for those of you awake and interested!

Reactions: 2
I'm not a Sir Clifford Of Richard* fan at all (I find him slimy, insincere and smug in interviews) but I hate to admit, I quite liked some of his 1970s/80s output like "Carrie", "We Don't Talk Any More" and "Wired For Sound". Though - I do have a weakness for disco and europap songs from that era 😌

Last night I peeked at the BBC4 programme to see if they played anything from that phase, but it was some religious song with Van Morrison and the awful S/A/W "Just Don't Have The Heart" (some Stock, Aitken and Waterman Hi-NRG songs were alright, but that was just pants). Turned it over quickly.

*RIP Tom Hibbert, Smash Hits

Reactions: 3
I'm not a Sir Clifford Of Richard* fan at all (I find him slimy, insincere and smug in interviews) but I hate to admit, I quite liked some of his 1970s/80s output like "Carrie", "We Don't Talk Any More" and "Wired For Sound". Though - I do have a weakness for disco and europap songs from that era 😌

Last night I peeked at the BBC4 programme to see if they played anything from that phase, but it was some religious song with Van Morrison and the awful S/A/W "Just Don't Have The Heart" (some Stock, Aitken and Waterman Hi-NRG songs were alright, but that was just pants). Turned it over quickly.

*RIP Tom Hibbert, Smash Hits
Ahh you missed your favourites! They played We don't talk and Wired for sound! That Van Morrison song is horrendous. As is the SAW one 🤢🤢🤢🤢

Reactions: 1
I am not a believer of condemning people by the no smoke without fire (although sometimes it is so apparent), but in this case there really is so much smoke there has to be fire

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I've just turned the TV over (around 21:16) and maybe I've missed the context, but Cliff on Piers Morgan's Life Stories is making out a few women got away, re marriage. Obviously none of us know his full sexual history (and it's none of our business, really), but, not sure we're coming from a place of sincerity.

Reactions: 2
of course he isn't coming across as sincere

if he moves one card the whole house comes toppling down, and it all comes out

Reactions: 7
Big cliffy just gives me the creeps. You just know there's so much to him. I don't believe he's innocent, too much smoke around him.
I do hope it all comes out soon and he's held accountable!!

Reactions: 12
Big cliffy just gives me the creeps. You just know there's so much to him. I don't believe he's innocent, too much smoke around him.
I do hope it all comes out soon and he's held accountable!!
my thoughts too

still think that if the BBC & police hadn't arsed up his 'home invasion', we would be seeing a different story

Reactions: 8
Did anyone else notice that he kept using humour to try and deflect Piers questions? His loony fans lapped it up obviously, but it was very insincere.

Sadly I don’t think we’ll find out the truth about him until after he’s dead.

Reactions: 16