Cliff Richard

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People said that about Jimmy Savile when he was alive.
To be fair - lots of people were creeper out by Saville when he was alive. He was pretty much waving his vile practices in our faces.
I can't find anything on cliff Richard other than the raid on his home that came to nothing. My personal belief is that he is in the closet - and is probably not comfortable with his sexuality or maybe asexual. I'm not getting getting the saville vibe and there have been no proper accusations against him, just rumour

Reactions: 7
To be fair - lots of people were creeper out by Saville when he was alive. He was pretty much waving his vile practices in our faces.
I can't find anything on cliff Richard other than the raid on his home that came to nothing. My personal belief is that he is in the closet - and is probably not comfortable with his sexuality or maybe asexual. I'm not getting getting the saville vibe and there have been no proper accusations against him, just rumour
He has been living with a man for many years,

Reactions: 3
There will definitely be stuff coming out about him when he dies. Sadly a lot of the young boys aren’t around any longer to come forward or they can’t be traced. The police didn’t have enough evidence to charge him with anything but it doesn’t mean he’s not guilty. He’s not so squeaky clean!

I’ve heard the rumours about David Jason before. I assumed that’s who that investigator was talking about when he wrote the article stating that when this famous person dies, it will all come out. Could be on about Cliff as well I suppose.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There will definitely be stuff coming out about him when he dies. Sadly a lot of the young boys aren’t around any longer to come forward or they can’t be traced. The police didn’t have enough evidence to charge him with anything but it doesn’t mean he’s not guilty. He’s not so squeaky clean!

I’ve heard the rumours about David Jason before. I assumed that’s who that investigator was talking about when he wrote the article stating that when this famous person dies, it will all come out. Could be on about Cliff as well I suppose.
There have always been stories about Cliff as far back as the 60s and some did name him back in the day IIRC, hence the Kitty nickname. With David, while there is the story of the two pedalos at his house when he was away, it was swept under the carpet and the rest of the stuff like the hang gliding connection is only known if you go digging. I really hope it isn't him as I grew up loving Only Fools but his behavior over the last few years has soured me on him, like when he bragged about sexually harassing people on set. I wouldn't be surprised if some did come forward about him when he dies...not necessarily underage but harassment of some kind towards people.

Reactions: 7
There have always been stories about Cliff as far back as the 60s and some did name him back in the day IIRC, hence the Kitty nickname. With David, while there is the story of the two pedalos at his house when he was away, it was swept under the carpet and the rest of the stuff like the hang gliding connection is only known if you go digging. I really hope it isn't him as I grew up loving Only Fools but his behavior over the last few years has soured me on him, like when he bragged about sexually harassing people on set. I wouldn't be surprised if some did come forward about him when he dies...not necessarily underage but harassment of some kind towards people.
Same, I love Only Fools, I grew up on it. David Jason gives me the creeps.

When I saw this thread had been bumped, I thought Cliff/Kitty had died!

Reactions: 4
Oh yes, I loved him too in Only Fools so I’ll be gutted if the rumours are true.

Reactions: 1
So Cliff's 'pals' (Anthea Turner, Sue Barker, Gloria Hunniford, Russ Abbott etc) - do they

1. Believe he's innocent
2. Believe he's guilty but hang around with him anyway?

So Cliff's 'pals' (Anthea Turner, Sue Barker, Gloria Hunniford, Russ Abbott etc) - do they

1. Believe he's innocent
I don’t know. I’d like to think they believe he’s innocent rather than covering up for him. But who knows. So many people in the industry cover up for these sex pests.

Reactions: 5

1. Believe he's innocent
From some of the stories I have read over the years, after all the 60s stuff, he learned never to tit on his own doorstep and it was abroad that stuff happened and likely the reason he moved to Barbados. That was the reason he was so arrogant about the police raid...unlike other places, he knew there was nothing to be found. Going by that, I can believe him claiming he is innocent and they might have had or have suspicions but because the police never found anything, they see him as innocent.

From some of the stories I have read over the years, after all the 60s stuff, he learned never to tit on his own doorstep and it was abroad that stuff happened and likely the reason he moved to Barbados. That was the reason he was so arrogant about the police raid...unlike other places, he knew there was nothing to be found. Going by that, I can believe him claiming he is innocent and they might have had or have suspicions but because the police never found anything, they see him as innocent.
That makes sense.

I'm now convinced he is guilty of wrongdoing. I wavered on it for a while.

Reactions: 2
Exactly. Which means he's not a "widely reported peadohile"..
He has been named in a few blogs over the years in regard to MPs & Saville and gets away with it because records have been wiped according to those reporting it. If you believe them, it's an open secret.

People said that about Jimmy Savile when he was alive.
I've said before that it was common knowledge in Leeds about Savile in the early 90s (that's when I first heard about his doings from mates who lived there). Even the bit about his predilection for mortuaries.

The "notorious" Elm guest house list that was hand written. Sorry, but if there was evidence against cliff, it would surely be more concrete. No one has ever accused him apart from the recent bbc case and it was proven the guy was a liar and falsely accused him. Such an easy target. He may be gay, and hid it due to it being illegal then, but i don't believe for a second the other stories based on "i heard it from someone". We could all make up these stories about anyone.
I think he's gay, quite repressed about it and quite naïve. Which makes him a very easy target for false accusations. I don't even like him that much, but most of the fevered speculation about him seems to be, charitably, bollocks.

Of course I could be wrong and he might actually be Savile 2.0, but that's why I said "I think".

Reactions: 5