Cliff Richard

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like David Jason, there'll be a hell of a lot of stuff coming out about Cliff once he pegs it.

Reactions: 12
But why do people not say something whilst they are alive? It is so immoral and unethical.
Personally I don’t belive the CR stories but not sure about Delboy. That will ruin my whole British experience if Delboy is found to be a fiddler

Reactions: 13
If you search “David Jason Tattle.Life” a few things come up on the celebrity gossip threads. Not saying they’re true or not but if you’re curious you can also look there.

Reactions: 2
The only rumours I can see about David Jason are that when he was filming in Australia, he let a friend house sit for him. The friend and another bloke lured teenage boys back to the house, using the fact that it was Del Boys house to draw them in. They were jailed for the offences. He had nothing to do with it, but this is thought to be the basis of the rumours.

He is rumoured to be a bit touchy feely with female crew on his tv shows - look up his name and The One Show where he alluded to it.

Reactions: 6
I would be deeply saddened and surprised if DJ rumours turned out to be true. I would also be really confused as to why it should only come out after he’s passed. I have no idea if it’s true or not but I won’t assume it to be because I read it somewhere online, I think it’s terrible for someone to have that sort of accusation thrown at them, it’s one of the worst. If it’s true then whoever holds that knowledge should be contacting the police. I won’t mention this in passing to anyone I know as my only basis for it is reading it here and I would not want to spread a rumour like that. If anyone is guilty of such a thing they should be held accountable no matter who they are. But I don’t believe everything I read on a gossip site. That’s no disrespect to the poster who mentioned it just how I feel about it.

Reactions: 7
The only rumours I can see about David Jason are that when he was filming in Australia, he let a friend house sit for him. The friend and another bloke lured teenage boys back to the house, using the fact that it was Del Boys house to draw them in. They were jailed for the offences. He had nothing to do with it, but this is thought to be the basis of the rumours.

He is rumoured to be a bit touchy feely with female crew on his tv shows - look up his name and The One Show where he alluded to it.
I heard that too...you can't be a paedophile or a predator by association if you're not there, or participating or encouraging it. Whether David Jason was aware it was happening in his home is another matter and it's not been confirmed either way.

In saying that I was absolutely floored when ex-national treasure Rolf was found guilty of being a predator and child abuser. I always saw him as a harmless lovable eccentric. How the public was fooled :(

I really hope it's not true.

Reactions: 13
But why do people not say something whilst they are alive? It is so immoral and unethical.
Personally I don’t belive the CR stories but not sure about Delboy. That will ruin my whole British experience if Delboy is found to be a fiddler
See in the other way round, I believe the Cliff stories but I’m a bit unsure on if the David Jason ones are true.

I’ve seen a few of the Jimmy Savile documentaries and the victims who are in the documentaries say that he was a powerful person who most of the public would stand behind and defend. they said that while he was alive he was untouchable and that is why they decided to come out after he died. If these situations are true that’ll be the same reason. If they’re not true (I believe the Cliff rumours but unsure about David) then it will be because they cannot defend themselves over false allegations.

Reactions: 3
Savile was in with the establishment - loved by Thatcher and Prince Charles for example. I am not suggesting they knew about his crimes, just that people would not come forward because he was perceived to have friends in high places. They (establishment figures) saw him as an eccentric do-gooder.

When I see people being accused casually of being a peadophile, it makes me uneasy. I have heard rumours about Cliff, but I do not believe that in the current climate of openness around these matters that substantial and credible witnesses would not come forward now. They haven’t. The ones that have were discredited. The way the police and the BBC conspired to film live his flat being raided was utterly disgraceful. They deserved to have to pay dearly for that. I am no fan of Cliff, but simply as a viewer that felt such a terrible invasion of privacy and sensationalism. That went beyond the standards you would expect from the police, except it was South Yorkshire Police and the BBC. South York’s police bungled the investigations into Asian grooming gangs and ignored what was going on for years because of the racial dimension, but went all guns blazing for Cliff. The BBC has moved along way from being Auntie and should now be defunded, how they conspired with the police to air this was immoral. They hired a helicopter to swoop in and film. Our license fee money went towards paying Cliff’s substantial damages and legal fees. If Cliff had questions to answer, this was not the way to do it.

South York’s police https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...gnored-sex-abuse-grooming-gangs-30-years.html

• Heart
I’ve seen a few of the Jimmy Savile documentaries and the victims who are in the documentaries say that he was a powerful person who most of the public would stand behind and defend. they said that while he was alive he was untouchable and that is why they decided to come out after he died. If these situations are true that’ll be the same reason. If they’re not true (I believe the Cliff rumours but unsure about David) then it will be because they cannot defend themselves over false allegations.
I sort of see the point but with all the #metoo movement and people like Weinstein and Epstein and the ilk being held accountabe I do think things are very much in favour of the accuser these days. People are faaaar more likely to believe than disbelief.

One of the reasons I don't belief the CR rumours is because he is extremely protective of his public image and I cannot see him putting himself in situations where it could be tarnished, even after death. I don't know much about David but who knows, celebs especially in the 60's and 70's got away with murder.
There was a whole scene dedicated to rockstars sleeping with underage girls at the time and nobody batted an eyelid. Google baby groupies and Lori Maddox - it's al so bleeping sad but people didn't "know" better I guess. Saying all that if I was 15/16 and my rock idol showed me interest I'd probably jump on it. Now I see it for what it is

Reactions: 5
There was a whole scene dedicated to rockstars sleeping with underage girls at the time and nobody batted an eyelid. Google baby groupies and Lori Maddox - it's al so bleeping sad but people didn't "know" better I guess. Saying all that if I was 15/16 and my rock idol showed me interest I'd probably jump on it. Now I see it for what it is
Of course the 15/16 year olds being given attention and showered with gifts and taken to flash clubs by rock stars would jump at the chance. But they are essentially children who think they are adults. The actual adults who took advantage of their naivety are at fault because they must have known that 15 is far too young to know what is appropriate or not. Not only the rock stars but a lot of them were essentially pimped out by their mothers who were living out their own fantasies through their daughters.

Reactions: 9
I don't believe the rumours about Cliff but he certainly had friends in high places. Tony Blair spent a holiday at his villa in Barbados and was much criticised for it at the time.

Reactions: 8
I'm sure everyone will join with me in wishing a very happy eightieth birthday to the evergreen Cliff Richard today!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1