Cliff Richard

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't know that, but this has got me thinking ( and i might be wrong - i've been down so many rabbit holes lately), but ....... wasn't GB one of the first people Gerry McCann contacted, after Madeleine's disappearance? Hmmm .............
He was the Home Secretary at the time I think so not an unusual target point.

Reactions: 4
Think you may be right! It rings a bell....
A friend of the Maccanns live on the same street as Gordon Browns brother if I remember correct I’m sure her name was Jill Renton? She spoke to the tv news early on

The case files for the Maccanns are available to read online I’m sure you can get them on Maddies Case Files (read only). A lot of dedicated people spent years translating all the info. Google the 48 questions that Kate a Maccann refused to answer!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
A friend of the Maccanns live on the same street as Gordon Browns brother if I remember correct I’m sure her name was Jill Renton? She spoke to the tv news early on

The case files for the Maccanns are available to read online I’m sure you can get them on Maddies Case Files (read only). A lot of dedicated people spent years translating all the info. Google the 48 questions that Kate a Maccann refused to answer!
Oh yeah I've read those questions! I once worked with a young lady with learning disabilities who was obsessed with this case. Her theory was that the parents drugged Maddie but overdid the dose, smuggled her body into the boot of a car & dumped her body out at sea.... Very good theory I thought & it was one we the staff didn't think of!

Reactions: 6

It isn't who you know but where you friend live.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The "notorious" Elm guest house list that was hand written. Sorry, but if there was evidence against cliff, it would surely be more concrete. No one has ever accused him apart from the recent bbc case and it was proven the guy was a liar and falsely accused him. Such an easy target. He may be gay, and hid it due to it being illegal then, but i don't believe for a second the other stories based on "i heard it from someone". We could all make up these stories about anyone.

Reactions: 7
I have a set of Cliff memories,if the mists of time clear im thinking 86 or 87,Cliff never really went away,but he had just had a few big hits that seemed to revitalise him,"Some People" was one,I used to see him at a Hairdressers in Kensington that alas is no longer there now....What struck is was how over the top Camp he was behavng all saucy innuendo and wink wink....as other posters have said such a shame he has had to live in the glass closet

Reactions: 2
I have a set of Cliff memories,if the mists of time clear im thinking 86 or 87,Cliff never really went away,but he had just had a few big hits that seemed to revitalise him,"Some People" was one,I used to see him at a Hairdressers in Kensington that alas is no longer there now....What struck is was how over the top Camp he was behavng all saucy innuendo and wink wink....as other posters have said such a shame he has had to live in the glass closet
The very first record I ever owned was Mistletoe & Wine. I played it constantly even in the height of summer!! But in my defense I was about 8/9....

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've said for years, Savile, as hideous as his crimes were, was the fall guy, I think it runs much much deeper and higher than him. I heard that rumour about GMc years ago too.

Reactions: 7
He was the Home Secretary at the time I think so not an unusual target point.
Gordon Brown was never Home Secretary, his entire time in the cabinet was spent as chancellor. He did become PM less than two months after her disappearance so seems likely he might have had contact with the family then.

On high profile paedophiles and the establishment, there’s an ex-policeman called Jon wedger that has spoken out on it a lot. He was repeatedly moved around departments when he wouldn’t listen to warnings to drop certain cases and threatened.
I’m very sceptical when it’s comes to conspiracy theories because so many of them usually seem very one sided and evidence free. But this interview is very believable ...and terrifying. Of course hard evidence is still lacking but that inevitable given the subject...but he seems an intelligent and sincere person, in a way many of those peddling conspiracies online don’t. He certainly knows what he’s talking about and must have been a policeman. Obviously he doesn’t mention cliff Richard or any names or they’d be sued, but for people interested in how things have been covered up for decades should check it out. It’s a really facisnating interview. Long, but worth it.

(Skip to 31.11 if you want to cut down listening time and get to when he first starts talking about cover ups )

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Cliff has been a huge part of my life due to my mum and aunties always being fans of his. However even they will always say that the majority of his fans are completely and utterly bonkers, for example most of them hated Sue Barker with a passion but they adore Olivia Newton John and believe he should’ve married her.

As far as I’m aware he was never actually romantically linked with Olivia but they’ve been close friends for years, way before she starred in Grease and became a huge star.

I once heard that Cliff himself had been a rent boy in London when starting out, and that’s how he’d managed to get his big break in music.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I hope this is ok just pushing up this thread.
Just seen someone mention cliff on another 1 of threads (it may have been you) I think people should be re-acquainted with Cliff....it went too quiet too quickly n theres defo all sorts of weirdness with him

Reactions: 4
I was wondering how old Cliff is. It turns out he's aged eighty in eleven days time! Can you believe pop's Peter Pan:s about to become an octogenarian!?

Reactions: 2
When he dies it will all come out. Just like it did with saville
There is a reason he lives abroad.

The activities at kincora boys home was replicated throughout many others including the recording of abuse by secret serviced for blackmail purposes. Alot of senior figures involved in that fiasco have popped up in the mccann story at one point or another.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I used to to look at a Cliff as a figure of fun, now I find him really sinister. He did a duet with Gary Barlow during lockdown and I noticed how completely dead and soulless his eyes are, like Savile‘s were. Terrifying really.

Reactions: 12