Cliff Richard

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My god.. how nasty is this ?

I wonder what the vile c.... attraction is with appearing on This Morning! it doesn't seem long ago he was on to make Christmas dinner gravy on Christmas Day I wonder if his connection is with Frizell?, its interesting Sarah Ferguson appeared as a guest presenter at the same time feels like it's got a certain ring to it!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
What is really appalling is Cliffs lack of humility towards a man who whilst at the peak of his career was suffering with serious addiction that unfortunately led to his untimely demise. To even process the thought in his mind that being next to an unwell man because of his size *would not be good for his street cred* is absolutely horrific, shallow, rude and very telling of his character. Deeply unpleasant by all accounts and I've never ever warmed to cliff. Even as a child and I'm an 80s baby. Something about him is off. I couldn't believe the rubbish he was coming out with having saw that clip on this morning. Horrible nasty person.

Reactions: 17
Also how must Alison Hammond have felt sitting there listening to that?

• Sad
Reactions: 11
What is really appalling is Cliffs lack of humility towards a man who whilst at the peak of his career was suffering with serious addiction that unfortunately led to his untimely demise. To even process the thought in his mind that being next to an unwell man because of his size *would not be good for his street cred* is absolutely horrific, shallow, rude and very telling of his character. Deeply unpleasant by all accounts and I've never ever warmed to cliff. Even as a child and I'm an 80s baby. Something about him is off. I couldn't believe the rubbish he was coming out with having saw that clip on this morning. Horrible nasty person.
When he dies, it'll all come out and people will say publicly 'oh why was nowt done'. Well folk here have had the fucker sussed for years. A nasty piece of work and I personally believe the assault allegations were true and that there is more that hasn't come out.

Reactions: 12
There was an article recently about his past romances, and something that illustrates how cold he was, was that, as he tells it, when he found out from his manager that he could lose up to a third of his fans if he married his girlfriend at the time, Jackie Irving, in the 60s, he promptly decided that wouldn't be acceptable, and dumped her. Career (and himself) first, always.
---
I was glad she made that remark to him afterwards "Is that why you don't want me round your house then??!!". He was so insensitive and incapable of reading the room.
---
He was wheeled out onto the news last week with Paul Gambo to argue for anonymity after arrest.

Sorry Cliff but the old-school (near retirement) coppers I worked with 20 years ago we’re telling me back then what an absolute n once you were. I think that ship has well and truly sailed.
See this is the thing. I have read numerous rumours that there were very thick police files on him going back many years, and there is also the infamous story about compromising pics being found at a railway station in 1970 and the pics being quickly "disappeared". Then there's the "Harriet" story, which if true, does make me feel sorry for him. The story goes that, when he was still a young lad, he turned up at a hospital in great distress, having been sexually assaulted, and he was dressed as a young woman and called himself Harriet. There are rumours of his break into showbiz being a result of sexual favours etc. Obviously not all rumours are necessarily true, but there just seems to be too much out there for there to be nothing to it. If he was abused and went on to be an abuser himself, sadly it isn't surprising, although it's not ok either obviously, it's still terrible. I guess we shall see when he passes away. There'll be an initial period of tributes like there was with Savile, and then the stories will start to trickle out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I don't particularly like AH but Cliff was a right prick in that interview, bang out of order. No need for him to be so rude.

Reactions: 10
I don't particularly like AH but Cliff was a right prick in that interview, bang out of order. No need for him to be so rude.
I grew up in fifties/sixties,even back then when he became Britain’s pop star,I never liked him ever,I thought back then he wanted to copy Elvis and he did,with the curled lip etc,wTF did he know about blues etc,duck all.When I see that clip of him saying about Elvis’s weight ,I thought you nasty fucker,he never ever made it in the States I think that’s what pissed him off and has stayed with him.

duck off Kitty,the truth will be out.

Reactions: 14
I grew up in fifties/sixties,even back then when he became Britain’s pop star,I never liked him ever,I thought back then he wanted to copy Elvis and he did,with the curled lip etc,wTF did he know about blues etc,duck all.When I see that clip of him saying about Elvis’s weight ,I thought you nasty fucker,he never ever made it in the States I think that’s what pissed him off and has stayed with him.

duck off Kitty,the truth will be out.
I grew up in 90s, so my era was Saviours Day and Millennium Prayer, the holy Cliff era. Actually like SD as a song (I think mainly due to positive associations with early Christmasses) but found MP dreadfully preachy and dull.

Reactions: 3
My friend’s dad, who is a big fan of Cliff and has a lisp, has always called him “Clit Wichard”. I always have to try and think of something else when he says it so I don’t laugh. 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Ow many years ago with me sister shopping in Westend Thursday as late shops open,we went for walking into Duke st up to Grosvenor Sq,popped into Hotel bar for drinkie before coming home with out shopping it was Brittania Hotel,it was lovely,chatted to bar boss, funny guy so nice he was gay,chatting away mentioned Quiff Richard,he said ‘omg he is a vile guy nasty’ Loves very young guys.Weirdo.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Ow many years ago with me sister shopping in Westend Thursday as late shops open,we went for walking into Duke st up to Grosvenor Sq,popped into Hotel bar for drinkie before coming home with out shopping it was Brittania Hotel,it was lovely,chatted to bar boss, funny guy so nice he was gay,chatting away mentioned Quiff Richard,he said ‘omg he is a vile guy nasty’ Loves very young guys.Weirdo.
Many years ago I met an old guy through my job who knew a lot of well known people. He told me Cliff was gay and it was all an act pretending he was straight as he liked young lads. Back then I just didn’t believe it. I do now. Fair enough back in the day it wouldn’t have been good for his career but there’s no reason to hide anything these days. Fair enough he has a right to his privacy but he shouldn’t protest/lie so much. He’s a creep

Reactions: 11
Just back from braving the shops. We Don't Talk Anymore came on in the car on my way home and I had a proper bop to it while driving. Not joking by the way. Great choon.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Didn't want to start a new thread for this but, does anyone else get weirdo vibes from gyles Brandreth? :unsure:

Reactions: 5
Didn't want to start a new thread for this but, does anyone else get weirdo vibes from gyles Brandreth? :unsure:
A friend sent me this a while back when I mentioned that I found him a little creepy.
What Gary Glitter says at 21 seconds sounds very ominous!

• Wow
Reactions: 7