ClickForTaz - ends up as a stealer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Spent some time doing research, interesting info I've come across:
1) Comes from a working class background.

2) Graduated Cardiff University with a Law degree I 2015. Pretty impressive given the crappy high school she went to.

3) Bangladeshi Muslim family, you can tell from her full name and the rings and necklaces she wears in videos - which is interesting because there are not alot of Bangladeshi first gens in Wales.

4) Without going too much into finances, I've looked through the companies house postings, she takes home net of tax around 160k for the last two years.

5) Lived at home during her undergraduate, surprisingly common with Muslim families, given her A levels, she probably could've gone to a better Red Brick uni.

6) Parents wanted her to be a solicitor, interestingly if she had got a training contract at a top law firm, she'd probably be earning the same as she does currently does from YouTube (from point 4).

7) Don't assume because she makes videos that it doesn't take a long time to film/edit. Working on side projects, engaging with brands and idea generation all take time wouldn't be surprised if this takes 40+ hours a week.

8) It is surprisingly easy to find out where she lives, within a half mile radius. She needs to start blurring place names etc.

I'll set this section here for speculation:

1) Assuming she has a wealth advisor investing her money, I would estimate her networth between £500k-£1m. This is based off of companies house filings, as well as a compounded growth rate of 8% applies to investments. Prior to her business set up around 2 years ago, I've proxied earnings at £2 per 1000 views. Hence the wide band on her networth. Ive estimated
merch and brand deals too, hence the wide band.

2) This is an act, she is clearly a competent person, but it plays to her audience. Not mad at it though, coming from a similarly impoverished background - get that money.

3) If her influencer revenue starts to fall, she'd have a pretty successful career in influencer marketing and working with matching brands to influencers. Or even working as an influencer agent. This has been a well established exit opp for influencers whose platform stopped growing.

4) if YouTube fails, she could go back to practice Law, I believe the average age of a person qualifying their LPC is 27.

5) Seems to have an unhealthy relationship with food, probably rationalised by her working pattern, you see this with solicitors and bankers who either lose alot of weight or gain alot of weight as their working hours go up.

6) It doesn't surprise me that her dad doesn't like her career/life choices. Firstly she has to put herself out there, which to a conservative Muslim parent, must be horrifying.

7) Potentially closeted, but I think people think this because they don't see guys in her videos (that's more about coming from a Muslim family rather than being gay). That's not to say she couldn't be closeted.

Reactions: 7
7) Don't assume because she makes videos that it doesn't take a long time to film/edit. Working on side projects, engaging with brands and idea generation all take time wouldn't be surprised if this takes 40+ hours a week.
Bear in mind that she'll have a management team who handle the vast majority of her brand deals/merch/etc., so the overwhelming majority of the legwork for that will be handled by them, save for the odd call she has to sit in on.

The brand integration for her sponsors is mostly 'read this ad copy material or hold this product and pretend to like it'. She doesn't seem at all exacting about what sponsors she accepts, so I highly doubt she's working with them to tailor anything to suit her content.

She has zero original ideas/content, it's just a predictable assembly line of 'I eat this particular food for 24 hours/1 week', 'I woke up at 5am and THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED' or 'Performative poverty video in which I pretend to survive on £1 a day and give zero money to charity/food banks'. Occasionally she'll mix it up by stealing a popular viral video trend or going on a paid trip.

Her videos are almost exclusively 10-20 minute videos filmed self-shot vlog style, and since that's supposedly tit she was doing anyway in the course of her day, it ain't exactly work and shouldn't be massively time-consuming to, say, go shopping and film herself cooking and eating.

Editing is what will take her the most time, but even then, there's no evidence in the final product that she puts in massive amounts of work beyond the bare minimum.

It's not like she's putting in endless work writing scripts, staging shots, doing complex post-production work etc. If she hasn't got the process of filming and editing the same crappy vlog she already did 12 times that year down to an efficent system that takes up very little time by now, she's doing something horribly wrong.

Bear in mind that she'll have a management team who handle the vast majority of her brand deals/merch/etc., so the overwhelming majority of the legwork for that will be handled by them, save for the odd call she has to sit in on.

The brand integration for her sponsors is mostly 'read this ad copy material or hold this product and pretend to like it'. She doesn't seem at all exacting about what sponsors she accepts, so I highly doubt she's working with them to tailor anything to suit her content.

She has zero original ideas/content, it's just a predictable assembly line of 'I eat this particular food for 24 hours/1 week', 'I woke up at 5am and THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED' or 'Performative poverty video in which I pretend to survive on £1 a day and give zero money to charity/food banks'. Occasionally she'll mix it up by stealing a popular viral video trend or going on a paid trip.

Her videos are almost exclusively 10-20 minute videos filmed self-shot vlog style, and since that's supposedly tit she was doing anyway in the course of her day, it ain't exactly work and shouldn't be massively time-consuming to, say, go shopping and film herself cooking and eating.

Editing is what will take her the most time, but even then, there's no evidence in the final product that she puts in massive amounts of work beyond the bare minimum.

It's not like she's putting in endless work writing scripts, staging shots, doing complex post-production work etc. If she hasn't got the process of filming and editing the same crappy vlog she already did 12 times that year down to an efficent system that takes up very little time by now, she's doing something horribly wrong.
Totally agree that the content is trash, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it doesn't take a long time to create. Just editing can take 20hrs.

I've got analysts that work really hard, but their output is crap, I think it's the same here.

Doesn't she have an editor now?
Her financial statement would normally declare contract employees or full/part time employees.

I imagine hiring an editor would eat into her margins, 20quid an hour for 10-20hrs a week 20-30k a year. About 10-15% of what she takes out of the business annually.

Tbh her revenue from views is declining, which is being offset by more brand deals. She probably has up to 2years left on this platform before it's more profitable to work on the other side.

Reactions: 3
Honestly her life looks so depressing. How is someone as seemingly intelligent as her mentally challenged by her life style?

bzx3jrealu25uwaba1f5kwe7dil6vkwmzzsyvnyag&rid=200w.gif

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
At the height of her """career""" she made a lot of money, with merch as well. So personally I think her net worth is closer to 1M than 500K. With this many subscribers she can ask a lot for ADs as well. Net worth doesn't mean she has access to everything though, it's possible she has investments. She's smart, so I'm sure she has someone investing for her or doing it herself.

Keeping this in mind, I don't understand why she's acting like she's poor. It's so tone deaf. Especially with the current situation w/ Ukraine for example. Read the room. Millions and millions of people lost everything and anything, and she puts up another performative poverty video. She could do so much for poor people, like volunteering or setting up funding / donation things. She could travel to other countries like Poland to help out. Show people what real poverty is like so that people who haven't done so yet can make a (small) donation or help out by sending goods. Do something else than pretending you're poor when you are in the top 5% richest people of the world. Grow the f*ck up.

Reactions: 5
At the height of her """career""" she made a lot of money, with merch as well. So personally I think her net worth is closer to 1M than 500K. With this many subscribers she can ask a lot for ADs as well. Net worth doesn't mean she has access to everything though, it's possible she has investments. She's smart, so I'm sure she has someone investing for her or doing it herself.

Keeping this in mind, I don't understand why she's acting like she's poor. It's so tone deaf. Especially with the current situation w/ Ukraine for example. Read the room. Millions and millions of people lost everything and anything, and she puts up another performative poverty video. She could do so much for poor people, like volunteering or setting up funding / donation things. She could travel to other countries like Poland to help out. Show people what real poverty is like so that people who haven't done so yet can make a (small) donation or help out by sending goods. Do something else than pretending you're poor when you are in the top 5% richest people of the world. Grow the f*ck up.
I was about to say, she could even do a vlog volunteering somewhere.. then I re-thought about it, imagine her making mistakes and pretending to be clueless as the other voluneers just get pissed off? She has kind of backed herself into a corner content wise. If I was her I would be trying ot move into more behind the scenes social media stuff, she is clearly good at it

The blatant recycling of the same three video ideas would be a bit more forgivable if she ever donated the ad money to charity whenever she does her performative poverty videos. I hoped maybe she'd do that this time, but nope. She's such a greedy, creatively bankrupt scumbag.

And to add insult to injury, the concluding point of her video is her essentially saying, "Everyone's different, but I find being poor really easy, and people exaggerate when they say you can't survive on a small amount of money. Inflation and cost of living increases aren't a problem. If you're struggling to feed yourself on less than £10 a week, you're probably just not spending your money properly."

This coming from someone who is pulling in massive amounts of money for essentially no work, with a wide open schedule of free time, who never has to worry about keeping bills paid, a roof over her head, her home heated. A lot of people are in the unfortunate position of choosing between food and heat, or having to skip meals themselves to ensure their family eat. Considering most of her videos are at least partially staged, I imagine she was also supplementing these recorded meals with off-screen food, takeaways, etc. Of course she's going to find this easy when she has no money worries and often lies about things.

She's coming from a position of massive wealth and privilege, and the fact that she made this video for the 450th time with such a condescending, tone-deaf approach is mind-boggling. If she'd donated money to a worthy cause for this video, that'd be one thing. But the fact that she never even considers it just shows what a complete cretin she is.

• Wow
  • Heart
The blatant recycling of the same three video ideas would be a bit more forgivable if she ever donated the ad money to charity whenever she does her performative poverty videos. I hoped maybe she'd do that this time, but nope. She's such a greedy, creatively bankrupt scumbag.

And to add insult to injury, the concluding point of her video is her essentially saying, "Everyone's different, but I find being poor really easy, and people exaggerate when they say you can't survive on a small amount of money. Inflation and cost of living increases aren't a problem. If you're struggling to feed yourself on less than £10 a week, you're probably just not spending your money properly."

This coming from someone who is pulling in massive amounts of money for essentially no work, with a wide open schedule of free time, who never has to worry about keeping bills paid, a roof over her head, her home heated. A lot of people are in the unfortunate position of choosing between food and heat, or having to skip meals themselves to ensure their family eat. Considering most of her videos are at least partially staged, I imagine she was also supplementing these recorded meals with off-screen food, takeaways, etc. Of course she's going to find this easy when she has no money worries and often lies about things.

She's coming from a position of massive wealth and privilege, and the fact that she made this video for the 450th time with such a condescending, tone-deaf approach is mind-boggling. If she'd donated money to a worthy cause for this video, that'd be one thing. But the fact that she never even considers it just shows what a complete cretin she is.
I haven't watched this and now there is no way I would give that a view, food is the least expense, yes living as a single person on £10 a week might be easy, the point is food is nowhere near the biggest expense people have

Yes, to add to this she lives right in London (unaffordable for most people) where you have SO MANY OPTIONS in terms of supermarkets, and what's available in them. Where I live you can't get one of those wonky fruit boxes, for example, and I'd have to drive thus paying in petrol or train fares, which defeats the point. Unfortunately not everybody has the funds to live in a city, nor the time to spend the day going on a wild goose chase to find the cheapest items.

You're completely spot on. The problem I have with this, is that she talks about her "struggles" and "being burned out" while she has a relatively stable lifestlye. Now, I'm fully aware mental health issues affect anyone, and I'm not at all suggesting she doesn't really struggle, what I'm saying is that she more than anyone should understand that if she can struggle with MH in her currenly privileged situation, then she really should understand that while it maybe be completely possible to feed yourself for £10 a week, doing that for week after week will really do a number on your mental and physical health. And living like that for a week and making it look fun and easy does nobody any favours and is not acceptable content in this climate. The people living on £10 a week are worried about losing their jobs, about paying their heating bills, they're not off for weekends in Paris or trying expensive take away food just to turn their noses up and throw it away. It's insulting.

Reactions: 6
You're completely spot on. The problem I have with this, is that she talks about her "struggles" and "being burned out" while she has a relatively stable lifestlye. Now, I'm fully aware mental health issues affect anyone, and I'm not at all suggesting she doesn't really struggle, what I'm saying is that she more than anyone should understand that if she can struggle with MH in her currenly privileged situation, then she really should understand that while it maybe be completely possible to feed yourself for £10 a week, doing that for week after week will really do a number on your mental and physical health. And living like that for a week and making it look fun and easy does nobody any favours and is not acceptable content in this climate. The people living on £10 a week are worried about losing their jobs, about paying their heating bills, they're not off for weekends in Paris or trying expensive take away food just to turn their noses up and throw it away. It's insulting.
Yeah, even when she's doing a half-assed lip service disclaimer to say "of course it'll be harder doing it week after week", I expected her to finally start addressing her privilege and the difference between a YouTuber doing this for a lark and someone living the harsh reality of it every day. But nope, even then she thinks the reason you'd struggle week after week is that it'd be tough to keep finding a big variety of food that you really like if you're a fussy eater. No consideration for the physical and mental toll, the fluctuating circumstance that could lead to lack of food on shelves, even less money some weeks, etc.

She doesn't ever consider the circumstances behind what she's doing, and just sees it as a "fun" YouTube challenge (that she's done far too many times before). The fact that she has so little capacity to imagine and empathise with situations other than her own is staggering, especially after she was featured in a big ad campaign for Unicef which I'm sure she was paid a shitload for. She's creatively and morally barren.

Reactions: 9
Yeah, even when she's doing a half-assed lip service disclaimer to say "of course it'll be harder doing it week after week", I expected her to finally start addressing her privilege and the difference between a YouTuber doing this for a lark and someone living the harsh reality of it every day. But nope, even then she thinks the reason you'd struggle week after week is that it'd be tough to keep finding a big variety of food that you really like if you're a fussy eater. No consideration for the physical and mental toll, the fluctuating circumstance that could lead to lack of food on shelves, even less money some weeks, etc.

She doesn't ever consider the circumstances behind what she's doing, and just sees it as a "fun" YouTube challenge (that she's done far too many times before). The fact that she has so little capacity to imagine and empathise with situations other than her own is staggering, especially after she was featured in a big ad campaign for Unicef which I'm sure she was paid a shitload for. She's creatively and morally barren.
Well said. I would like to add that it's easier for her on another level. She can stay home and don't move much, which would lower the amount of food she needs tremendously. If you are someone with a very physical demanding job, like building work, post delivery (by foot/bike), nurse... it's really bloody difficult to eat enough in the first place, let alone when you are on a 10 pound budget! You need foods that can sustain you and that are high calorie and have good nutrition. Taz can sit on her ass all day and burn as little calories as possible so she has more to work with.
And like you all say, it's only 1 week. It's not that difficult to only do it 1 week when you can plan it with easy and have all the time in the world. If you have to work 40-50 hours, physical labor intense, take care of family, household, bills etc. you don't have time to sit around and plan and go to a million cheap shops. And besides that, we all have weeks or days when we feel extra hungry because we are more tired, stressed and struggling and you need just more food than normal. How are you going to do that? Just not eat till you drop down? Then how are you going to pay the energy bill?

Where I come from, there is 1 very very expensive village store. That's the only store I can walk to, but I can buy like 10 cans of tomatoes for 10 pounds and that's it. When I go the nearest Lidl or Aldi, I have to drive quite a bit. That is fine! But it's expensive to drive to all these different stores for cheap or semi-rotten produce. It's just not do-able for the normal person.
She, indeed, really doesn't consider the circumstances behind what she's doing. She seriously has no consideration of others.

Reactions: 8
Nothing more to add except you guys are spot on. I agree with it all.
I haven’t been watching her videos but did watch the £10 food one out of interest to see if she might actually address the real issues going on in the world right now, or even donate at the end of the video. But nope.

I find Taz so incongruent. Oh I’m so clumsy, so burnt out, so socially awkward… but then travels alone, meets friends, goes to new places alone, and is very intelligent. It’s clear to me as others have said that it’s mostly an act/persona for her platform.

As others above said much better then me, I really disliked the whole “oh £10 for the week was easy”. Also she made a point at the beginning to discuss the issue of all the prices going up and how it’s being misrepresented and she wanted to see for herself. And then at the end was like, nope. I’m not noticing a difference at all. she did a massive disservice to the work others are doing to try and raise awareness and support other families who are struggling with the cost of living.

Reactions: 12
Nothing more to add except you guys are spot on. I agree with it all.
I haven’t been watching her videos but did watch the £10 food one out of interest to see if she might actually address the real issues going on in the world right now, or even donate at the end of the video. But nope.

I find Taz so incongruent. Oh I’m so clumsy, so burnt out, so socially awkward… but then travels alone, meets friends, goes to new places alone, and is very intelligent. It’s clear to me as others have said that it’s mostly an act/persona for her platform.

As others above said much better then me, I really disliked the whole “oh £10 for the week was easy”. Also she made a point at the beginning to discuss the issue of all the prices going up and how it’s being misrepresented and she wanted to see for herself. And then at the end was like, nope. I’m not noticing a difference at all. she did a massive disservice to the work others are doing to try and raise awareness and support other families who are struggling with the cost of living.
I watched this one too. I found it very very ironic that she references Jack Monroe, who is also known for their performative poverty.

Reactions: 4
It's been what a month, and nothing? Wonder what she us up to behind the scenes, perhaps she's already bought herself her luxury London house and is overseeing the renovations?! Obviously she will kerp pretending to be eating on just a pound a day to be relatable.

Do we think there will be another It's fine x3 hoodie push for spring?