Clemmie Telford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder whether she pulled out of CB a la Mother Pukka after the uproar over the white middle class parenting line up?

Or whether she’s not launching Lists Live at all for some other reason? (I mean, would people actually go?)

All the other influencers on the original line up were there. As well as some really brilliant ones covering SEND and single parenting.
Not a chance in hell she pulled out because of the lack of diversity. Would like to be proved wrong. But... Her inaugural ‘lists live’ (#spons by Elizabeth Ardern) was an instamum vacuum with token black instamum CB 🙄 she’s completely tone deaf. I honestly believe she doesn’t do it deliberately, she just doesn’t think about it. Which might be worse in the long run 🤔

Reactions: 5
Camp B must have ditched her from the line up then. Can’t say I’m sad for her. I don’t have the warmest feelings towards CT for reasons posted upthread.

It was on her Camp bestival announcement post that she asked me to write a piece for her, after which she then ghosted me. So I guess what goes around comes around.

Reactions: 7
Camp B must have ditched her from the line up then. Can’t say I’m sad for her. I don’t have the warmest feelings towards CT for reasons posted upthread.

It was on her Camp bestival announcement post that she asked me to write a piece for her, after which she then ghosted me. So I guess what goes around comes around.
I’m very sorry that happened to you ❤ I hope you’re ok about it all.

She doesn’t pay people for their contributions, just rides on the work of others, who are far more interesting and engaged 😏

She’s not only lazy, but very opportunistic for sure 🙄 whatever the current trend is, she’ll latch on. Or find something no-one is talking about to show how ‘woke’ she is. Up there with MoD when they ‘need to start a conversation’.

Don’t know if I believe in karma though, as all these crappy people just keep on getting more and more ☹

I’m very sorry that happened to you ❤ I hope you’re ok about it all.

She doesn’t pay people for their contributions, just rides on the work of others, who are far more interesting and engaged 😏

She’s not only lazy, but very opportunistic for sure 🙄 whatever the current trend is, she’ll latch on. Or find something no-one is talking about to show how ‘woke’ she is. Up there with MoD when they ‘need to start a conversation’.

Don’t know if I believe in karma though, as all these crappy people just keep on getting more and more ☹
Thanks Chester. Bit pissed off as I put a lot of thought and effort into my piece. I’m a writer so I am confident the quality was good. Maybe she just didn’t like what I had to say. But a reply to say it didn’t fit with her style would have been fine. Nope, nothing!

It’s been nearly 5 months since we exchanged messages, she gave me a brief, and I sent her a draft plus photos on what was an incredibly personal topic. I may publish it on my own blog now but will edit it out of the list format and down from the required 1,500 words to a more sensible 850.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Thanks Chester. Bit pissed off as I put a lot of thought and effort into my piece. I’m a writer so I am confident the quality was good. Maybe she just didn’t like what I had to say. But a reply to say it didn’t fit with her style would have been fine. Nope, nothing!

It’s been nearly 5 months since we exchanged messages, she gave me a brief, and I sent her a draft plus photos on what was an incredibly personal topic. I may publish it on my own blog now but will edit it out of the list format and down from the required 1,500 words to a more sensible 850.
I completely empathise with you ❤ Shame she isn’t as professional, which is an absolute joke as this is her job. She’s such a scatter brain though. Maybe she just forgot?

Tbh, I loathe her ‘list’ format. How on Earth is a list 1,500 words?? 😂

Yes, do. Or find someone else who’ll appreciate your words and wisdom ❤

I completely empathise with you ❤ Shame she isn’t as professional, which is an absolute joke as this is her job. She’s such a scatter brain though. Maybe she just forgot?

Tbh, I loathe her ‘list’ format. How on Earth is a list 1,500 words?? 😂

Yes, do. Or find someone else who’ll appreciate your words and wisdom ❤
Yes 1,500 words is too long for a list.

Thanks for your kind words. Pretty sure if she did forget then she’s just ignored my subsequent replies to her message and email. I gave her a gentle nudge to make sure things had been received but not even a hint of a reply which I found rude and odd.

Reactions: 2

Thanks for your kind words. Pretty sure if she did forget then she’s just ignored my subsequent replies to her message and email. I gave her a gentle nudge to make sure things had been received but not even a hint of a reply which I found rude and odd.
Agreed! I wrote shorter essays at university 😂

Ok, so that changes things. Didn’t forget, just unbearably rude and dismissive. I think I’ve given her too much credit in my previous posts now 😒 won’t make that mistake again 😂

I would’ve suggested a good kick up the backside would be more effective than a gentle nudge, but after her abysmal laxatives post I won’t 🤣

• Haha

Can you tell if she’s read your replies and nudges? Is it possible this all ended up in junk email by accident and was never seen?

Can you tell if she’s read your replies and nudges? Is it possible this all ended up in junk email by accident and was never seen?
Yep, IG message says ‘seen’. Can’t tell with email, but we exchanged emails previously, we both use gmail, and she knew from my IG message that I’d emailed so 🤷‍♀️

Glad she is finally being transparent about her “gifted” haircuts/colour at Myla and Davis. Her, MOD and DLAM have been getting freebies from that salon for years and never declared anything, just dodgy stories/posts.

I used to get my haircut there regularly but haven’t been since they started sleuth advertising it.

Reactions: 3
All the SE London IGers get free hair at Myla & Davis as far as I can tell - Hungermama does as well. Annoying as I do go there as well - I'm just about justifying it to myself as I don't go to the ED branch which is where most of them go.

Reactions: 1
All the SE London IGers get free hair at Myla & Davis as far as I can tell - Hungermama does as well. Annoying as I do go there as well - I'm just about justifying it to myself as I don't go to the ED branch which is where most of them go.
I refuse to use Myla and Davies because all the instamums use them and have been so shady with declaring the freebies. I don't want to subsidise their haircuts.

It really annoys me that she cant pay for her own hair cut! Hairdressing isnt a fab income but these people would bleed anyone dry ....it disgusts me!

Pay for your own hair cut Telford you leach !!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It really annoys me that she cant pay for her own hair cut! Hairdressing isnt a fab income but these people would bleed anyone dry ....it disgusts me!

Pay for your own hair cut Telford you leach !!!
I’m generally not bothered by the free stuff successful IGer’s receive but the free hair really really gets my goat and makes me very pissed off.

Gleamers all have free hair treatment at Josh Wood :
AMR
Hirons
Pixiwoo sisters
They’re all well off and could easily pay for their own hair care, there’s no doubt about that at all. Do Gleam cover the cost behind the scenes and pay that way?

The London Instamamas are also affluent and can afford it themselves.

I’m not a city dweller but it goes without saying that those who have to pay must be subsidising the business by much higher rates to cover the freebies.

Anyone in the know?

I go to another salon that is cheaper than Myla and Davies but just as good. And even though they don't do a baby morning they don't mind if I have to bring my kid.

I’m generally not bothered by the free stuff successful IGer’s receive but the free hair really really gets my goat and makes me very pissed off.

Gleamers all have free hair treatment at Josh Wood :
AMR
Hirons
Pixiwoo sisters
They’re all well off and could easily pay for their own hair care, there’s no doubt about that at all. Do Gleam cover the cost behind the scenes and pay that way?

The London Instamamas are also affluent and can afford it themselves.

I’m not a city dweller but it goes without saying that those who have to pay must be subsidising the business by much higher rates to cover the freebies.

Anyone in the know?
I agree Deb! Telford talks like she has a cup of marbles in her mouth but wont pay for her own cut n colour ....shes a leach!

• Haha
So she’s gone camping this weekend. How much stuff where they trying to cram in that car!

I wonder why she wasn’t at Bestival with the rest of the ‘posse’. Quite amusing that they all got #gifted tickets while she was at home advertising laxatives though.
She was on the line up but didn't go I think.

Yes I totally ageee with all of above. Hooper is also supported by a very well paid husband who can support the family single handedly. Poor Telford doesn’t have that cushion.

I also find it sloppy when she’s dirty because she has small kids. We’ve all been there but didn’t look like we were pulled through a bush backwards.
I have always thought she is a less polished version of the others (I'm trying to say it nicely)
I think lots aspire to look like Hooper but wouldn't aspire to look like Telford. And I can see why.

I go to another salon that is cheaper than Myla and Davies but just as good. And even though they don't do a baby morning they don't mind if I have to bring my kid.
I used to go to Lawler Steel whose prices are on a par with Myla and Davis. There are several very good hairdressers in the East Dulwich area who make home visits and or work from home. I’ve also tried many of the other hairdressers in Lordship Lane over the years, and the Galleon In Forest Hill Road. For me, it’s the hairdresser, not the salon.

She was on the line up but didn't go I think.

I have always thought she is a less polished version of the others (I'm trying to say it nicely)
I think lots aspire to look like Hooper but wouldn't aspire to look like Telford. And I can see why.
Agree. I’ve seen pics of her where she was photographed and style professionally and she looks good. Couldn’t be easy for her though to know this is what people think. I’d be mortified if people compared me to la Hooper and found me wanting 😢 but I do also get the sense from her that she has a fairly good opinion of herself so probably doesn’t care 🤣 why else would you put yourself out there like that?

I used to go to Lawler Steel whose prices are on a par with Myla and Davis. There are several very good hairdressers in the East Dulwich area who make home visits and or work from home. I’ve also tried many of the other hairdressers in Lordship Lane over the years, and the Galleon In Forest Hill Road. For me, it’s the hairdresser, not the salon.
That’s the sensible way of doing things 👏🏼

Dare I even say, ‘authentic’? 🤭

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.